Carnival Splendor Alaska

Morebeer

Off the Carnival Splendor 9/8/18 after a 14 day Alaska itinerary. Applaud Carnival for taking this itinerary on this ship it was a great trip with sunny & warm weather at each of our 5 Alaska ports. For the Carnival Splendor itself. Received the absolute worst room steward service ever on our deck 7 balcony room at end of cruise reduced room service steward gratiuity by 50% his service was so bad. Also being platinum guests received the free drink coupon good for any drink during seaday brunch totally screwed that up. Spoke to so called beverage manager about screw up he took know action whats so ever. Also the cruise director was someone named Saffie? Midgley she really did a poor job with the activities she was at and very poor humor at the same time. At the same time had a table for 10 in the Golden Pearl dining room early sitting dining time and had the best dining room server Sorina ever who was given extra gratuities by everyone at our table. Certainly will reward those crew members on the ship who go above and beyond as well as critizing those who did a poor job. Noticed never received a survey from Carnival after our return home to rate the different departments on our ship. Are they know longer sending out those surveys or is it because this ship is headed for dry dock in Singapore next year then on to Australia maybe they don't care how U.S. guests rate it any longer. Definitely if Carnival offers this 14 day round trip itinerary out of LA to Alaska it's highly recommended even with the service issue I experienced on the Splendor maybe they'll offer it again on a different ship. Thanks.

Off the Carnival Splendor 9/8/18 after a 14 day Alaska itinerary. Applaud Carnival for taking this itinerary on this ship it was a great trip with sunny & warm weather at each of our 5 Alaska ports. For the Carnival Splendor itself. Received the absolute worst room steward service ever on our deck 7 balcony room at end of cruise reduced room service steward gratiuity by 50% his service was so bad. Also being platinum guests received the free drink coupon good for any drink during seaday brunch totally screwed that up. Spoke to so called beverage manager about screw up he took know action whats so ever. Also the cruise director was someone named Saffie? Midgley she really did a poor job with the activities she was at and very poor humor at the same time. At the same time had a table for 10 in the Golden Pearl dining room early sitting dining time and had the best dining room server Sorina ever who was given extra gratuities by everyone at our table. Certainly will reward those crew members on the ship who go above and beyond as well as critizing those who did a poor job. Noticed never received a survey from Carnival after our return home to rate the different departments on our ship. Are they know longer sending out those surveys or is it because this ship is headed for dry dock in Singapore next year then on to Australia maybe they don't care how U.S. guests rate it any longer. Definitely if Carnival offers this 14 day round trip itinerary out of LA to Alaska it's highly recommended even with the service issue I experienced on the Splendor maybe they'll offer it again on a different ship. Thanks.

Was on same cruise and experienced none of the problems you had. Just curios how they screwed up free drink coupon?

We were on the same cruise and besides Alaska being fabulous, great weather and spectacular whale watching, we had no problems at all with the ship and staff, everyone was wonderful. This will make you happy californiatripman, this was Saffies last cruise with Carnival, she is going in another direction. And I would like to also know how they screwed up the drink.

Was on same cruise and experienced none of the problems you had. Just curios how they screwed up free drink coupon?

Service varies from person to person and cannot be guaranteed as the perceived service received is different based upon the interaction with each individual crew member. With over 3,000 people onboard, there will be over 3,000 different and unique experiences provided and received.

We have been on cruises where people have posted horrible reviews that we didn’t experience and in the same breath, there have been cruises where I’ve had very unfavorable experiences but someone on Cruise Critic posted a positive review of the same cruise.

Service varies from person to person and cannot be guaranteed as the perceived service received is different based upon the interaction with each individual crew member. With over 3,000 people onboard, there will be over 3,000 different and unique experiences provided and received.

Perceptions can indeed vary, or put another way, the customer is not always right.

I am also curious what was screwed up about the drink coupon. If the drink coupon was worth complaining about, surely poor cabin service would have been complained about. Was it?

It was a Journey cruise which are loaded with activities.

If you contact Carnival they can email you a link to a survey.

Sadly, no worries about Splendor repeating the cruise. Hopefully Carnival will continue to occasionally offer this special cruise with another ship.

Did you talk with the room steward, the floor supervisor or housekeeping manager? Maja runs a very tight Department and would have liked to have known about this.

We were also on this cruise and had no big issues (there’s always a glitch or two).

Non of us have received a survey.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The free drink coupon for platinum guests we used at one of the seaday brunches. The waiter told us we could only order drinks that were already on the seaday menu, such as a bloody mary. He told us speciality coffees such as a cappuccino was not a option nor anything that didn't already appear on the menu itself. We did complain that this has never been the case on previous cruises at guest services they called a so called beverage mgr to that location who apologized that any speciality coffee should have been available but did nothing else to issue a replacement drink coupon or any kind of credit. Yes a complaint was also made to housekeeping mgr early on in our cruse. I personally had to replenish toilet paper and towels in the our bathroom by grapping such off the carts in the aisleway. No improvement was ever made throughout our 14 day cruise after our complaint.

Received my survey yesterday in my e mail. I truthfully answered the questions about the terrific dining room service we received and at the same time pointed out the horrible room steward service as well as the sea day brunch error without any resolution being made. Thanks