Holiday Inn Port of Miami in March

3callasvaca

We've never stayed there but it appears to be standard-fare for Holiday Inn Express properties. To me it always seems way overpriced. Every time I've looked, you can get into a much nicer hotel for roughly the same price. The Intercontinental is right there, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Regency, Kimpton Epic, Marriott Biscayne Bay, Hilton (downtown), Aloft Brickell.... Just look at a map on any of the booking sites. You'll have a ton of options.

Stayed there about a year ago, the hotel was clean and really close to the port. The restaurant was ok but there is a lot of other options for food around there. There is a small mall right across the street. I was planning on using it again after our Oct cruise but we decided to do Miami Beach instead.

I would take a look at Hampton Inn in downtown Miami.

Only a mile further away from the Port than Holiday Inn.

Includes a nice breakfast and a happy hour.

Lots more dining choices at restaurants on Brickell, Mary Brickell Village and Brickell Center and IMHO the choices are nicer than Bayside.

Keith

We have stayed in the Holiday Inn Port of Miami 4 times. It is not fancy, but it is clean and very comfortable. Our reason for staying there is because Bayside Market is across the street. We always fly in the day before and that evening we spend our time at the Market. It has lots of shops, restaurants and entertainment. Bubba Gump Shrimp and a Hard Rock Café are located there. It starts our vacation off with a lot of fun. We usually go back over the morning of the cruise for breakfast. It is a perfect place for us.

We have stayed in the Holiday Inn Port of Miami 4 times. It is not fancy, but it is clean and very comfortable. Our reason for staying there is because Bayside Market is across the street. We always fly in the day before and that evening we spend our time at the Market. It has lots of shops, restaurants and entertainment. Bubba Gump Shrimp and a Hard Rock Café are located there. It starts our vacation off with a lot of fun. We usually go back over the morning of the cruise for breakfast. It is a perfect place for us.

^^^^^ Came here to say exactly this. We love the location across from Bayside.

Just today I searched Priceline's Express deals for 5-star hotels in the Downtown-Port of Miami area, for our 10/13/18 cruise.

I was given the Kimpton Epic for $134. Looks like the JW Marriott could have also been a possibility. I was pretty happy with that!

• 3 months later...
On 9/11/2018 at 7:45 PM, dewats784 said:

Staying here in May. Can you tell me where you went for breakfast at Bayside? Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2018 at 9:17 AM, 3callasvaca said:

Anyone stay at this hotel? Any reviews/recommendations? Looking to stay close to the Miami port for a March 2019 cruise. Coming in the day before a Sat departure. Not familiar with this area. Anyone else?

Thanks 🙂

We loved it! We could walk right across the street to the open air mall and CVS/Walgreens was right down the road. 

• 2 weeks later...