Lunch recommendations in Juneau?

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:37 AM.
146 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
We will have a rental car and plan to visit Mendenhall and salmon hatchery before a 2:00 whale watch trip. Any recommendations for lunch somewhere in that area? Don’t need fancy just good food, something that’s not a chain!!

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
159 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
We will have a rental car also and since our son has celiac disease, eating out is very challenging. I think we are just going to the grocery store to buy some picnic stuff. I need to search Juneau restaurant listings to see if we can find somewhere safe for him.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming Soon: RCCL Radiance of the Seas - Northbound Alaska (Inside Passage) - August 2018

Past sailings:
Celebrity Equinox - 10 day Southern Caribbean - March 2015 (our favorite to date)
Carnival Dream - Western Caribbean - March 2011
Big Red Boat - 1993 - maybe
Charlotte, NC
3,191 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
We loved Tracy's Crab Shack. Casual and pricey but worth it
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

9/2012 - Carnival Victory
5/2012 - Carnival Elation
6/2011 - Carnival Fascination
2,749 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Sand Bar - a seedy bar in the valley with a little restaurant in the back with great halibut and chips

Hot Bites - good burgers, great milk shakes in Auke Bay

Thai place in Auke Bay
Texas
368 Posts
Joined May 2009
We enjoy the Hangar at Juneau harbor (site of the Juneau Harbor Webcam), where you can watch the float planes and ship/boat activity while you eat. Food was good, but we did wait about 15 minutes for a table at the peak of lunch time.
California
1,714 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by hubofhockey
We had dinner at Twisted Fish (port day until 9 pm), but would have gone for lunch just as easily. Enjoyed it.

We second the Twisted Fish. We split a halibut fish and chips ($24.99) for lunch because they give you 4 big pieces of halibut plus fries and then each had a dinner salad. Add to that they had fast free WiFi and good draught beer. We were very happy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Whittier, California
5,104 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by Herfnerd
We loved Tracy's Crab Shack. Casual and pricey but worth it
I agree with Herfnerd, Tracy's is a great place, you won't be sorry.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rcl Diamond
Santa Rosa
109 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Zerelda's Bistro is located near Mendenhall Glacier. It's very good. Hot Bites, mentioned above, is also a good choice. McGivney's, owned by Tracy of Tracy's Crab Shack, has a Valley location near Mendenhall, also.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Lauren