More coffee questions

Vacationdreamer<><

So - I’ve read the threads saying coffee is pretty poor and decided to get the New Grounds coffee card.

Card is $35.65 for 15 punches at $2.38 a drink. A small savings per cup of getting most larges and a bit more savings if going for a latte or cappuccino.

Is this the menu?

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/ships/products/menus/Coffee-and-Cones-Menu.pdf

And is Coffee and Cones only on certain ships?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I recall the Caribbean earlier this year was the first ship with Coffee & Cones but not aware of it being added to other ships. In previous discussions about it they said that brewed coffee was unavailable at C&C.

If sailing on the Royal or Regal, you can use a coffee card punch at Gelato’s as payment instead of paying $3.50.

You could last month on the Royal but could not use 2 card punches for the alcoholic sundaes.

We were on the Royal in November for 20 nights and yes we could get gelato for a punch but not on the Regal. It is my understanding that the Royal was also no longer going to give gelato for a punch but the person who told us that did not know what date the change would take place.

We were on the Royal in November for 20 nights and yes we could get gelato for a punch but not on the Regal. It is my understanding that the Royal was also no longer going to give gelato for a punch but the person who told us that did not know what date the change would take place.

Appreciate the update...it’s sad that the procedure is changing. :(

I just got off the Coral. I think the free coffee has significantly improved.

I buy a coffee card because I enjoy a cappuccino in the morning. If you are interested in just regular coffee, try the free stuff first and see how you like it.

Without a coffee card I think Princess has the worst coffee on the high seas...& we love cruising Princess!!

I would have agreed that both Princess and RCCL have horrible coffee until my recent cruise on the Coral in December. I was very surprised at how much the coffee in the buffet had improved.

I would have agreed that both Princess and RCCL have horrible coffee until my recent cruise on the Coral in December. I was very surprised at how much the coffee in the buffet had improved.

That’s encouraging...maybe they’re purchasing a higher quality coffee concentrate and/or maintaining the coffee machines better. :hot-beverage:

With all of the renovations done during drydocks, it’s disappointing that Princess has not installed the coffee machines that use ground coffee that are on the Royal-class ships which my tastebuds prefer.

That one is very old and Princess might give you a hard time using it. The newer ones have a green border.

There aren't any versions of the coffee cards that will be turned away.

They're all sold (or exchanged for) with the stipulation that they can be carried to the next voyage but the only thing is that the unlimited brewed coffee & special tea will be punched on the card if it isn't the initial voyage specified on the back of the car.

I've got my collection of old cards, some with the sailing indicated, some blank but all are good in the future.