Costa Maya Info

angelapaulk

I was wandering if everyone was aware that you can not just walk out of the port of Costa Maya. I was chatting with a operator on the website and this is what she had to sayPlease wait for a site operator to respond.

chatinfo.gifYou are now chatting with 'Sarah'

Sarah: Good afternoon, how may I help?

angela: I wanted to know how far paradise beach is from where the ship ports

angela: do we take a taxi

Sarah: I am not sure where paradise beach is....

Sarah: I have never heard of that in Costa

angela: Costa Maya Beach Break Party!!

Sarah: Sorry :)

Sarah: It is a short 3 minute drive from the Port

Sarah: Very, very close

Sarah: Due to Port regulations we cannot provide transport, transport has to be provided by the Port for the cost of $3usd per passenger. Transport back to the Port is via local taxi for the cost of $2usd per passenger.

angela: Is it close enough that we can walk

Sarah: It would be, but the Port will not allow you to walk out

angela: why is that

Sarah: You have to use the transport in order to leave the Port

Sarah: It is a private Port

Sarah: and they have their own set of rules

angela: so if we choose not to take a cab we cant tour the island?

Sarah: That is correct, unless you buy a ship

I mean it isnt any big deal, I just wasnt aware of this. Of course I have only been to Bahamas and you walk into port there. Oh well. Just thought I would mention.:eek:

When we were in Costa Maya, we walked along the beachfront path that leads to Majahual. We did not make it all the way to the town, but there wasn't anything stopping us from walking along the path. We ended up going back to the ship because it was a cool and cloudy day. Later on, we talked with people who had walked to Majahual and had taken a cab back to the port area.

This is confusing to me....Because everything I've heard about Paradise Beach says it is in Cozumel...not Costa Maya. Also, those that have posted about Costa Maya Beach Break...some have said they took a taxi...others have said that they just walked there????

Guess I will find out when I am there in less than 2 weeks:)

you don't want to go outside the port on your own - there is nothing there except poor women selling pineapples on the side of the road, and police with machine guns.

we took the ruins tour via bus - a 45 minute trip each way - lots of desolute areas - ruins were great.

That beach is not the Paradise beach . No where does it say in there that it is for Paradise beach. Palapa beach is the name for that excursion The beach for the beach break is in Costa Maya but it is in Majushaul. Taxis cost 5 bucks round trip per person. I dont know if the transportation is included in your ticket.

That is the question you need to ask "sara" when booking this excursion is the taxi included

Paradise beach is a place in Cozumel. I dont think any cruiselines have an excursion there but you can make it there on your own.

Here is the port of call board for Cozumel. Read until you find what youa re looking for. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

There is a beach break in Costa Maya-- using the link that you provide. (this is not a cruise excursion but one that you do by yourself.

I think you have yourself confused on both ports.

we rented a golf cart in costa maya for the day and drove to the school to drop off school supplies and then went back to the beaches in majuhaul. alot of fun rideing it around and not exhausted from the walk in the heat.

Just got back from Costa Maya about 14 days ago.We went to Majahual by taxi.The cost was 3 dollars there and 2 dollars back.When you come back to the port area they will ask to see tour sea card.I love Majahual,it was laid back and very rural.We went to Tapas bar and sat at a table by the beach.We had 7 or 8 beers a soda,chips and dip(awesome)and cheese qusadillas for lunch.The bill was 16.00 dollars.The have people who will give you a massage for 20 dollars for 30 minutes,my wife said it was fantastic.Me and my son just played in the water.I saw military troops but saw no trouble of any kind.One thing that I think some people won't like is the vendors that will come by your table.They want to play music or make your child balloon characters for a buck or two.My wife and I like this sort of thing so we had music while we ate lunch.They are very appreciated when you tip them.We will go back in the near future before progress catches up with this little town.Mike

Archived