Jade

MrsTabs

I seem to have 'accidentally' booked another cruise clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Going on the Jade in March 2019 leaving from Miami

We got a great deal UBP, SDP, water, internet, OBC, Service Charges paid and excursion credit ( also choice phone call credit does anyone know what that is?)

It is only our second cruise, our first was on the Gem - looking at it online the ship looks very similar which makes us happy as we loved the Gem

Any tips for hotels, excursions or tips specific to the Jade gratefully received

Many thanks

Here's what you get with the phone package:

120 Minute Phone Call Package

120 minute phone calls will be applied to the first guest in the stateroom. All guests in the stateroom will be able to utilize this offer. Offer only valid on calls made from ship to shore on the fixed phone located in the booked guest's stateroom and not from the guest's wireless devices. Subject to satellite availability onboard.

Here's what you get with the phone package:

120 Minute Phone Call Package

120 minute phone calls will be applied to the first guest in the stateroom. All guests in the stateroom will be able to utilize this offer. Offer only valid on calls made from ship to shore on the fixed phone located in the booked guest's stateroom and not from the guest's wireless devices. Subject to satellite availability onboard.

Huge thanks!

I sailed the Jade for two weeks and loved it. The above link is a youtube video of the refurbishment. I am going to book her again. If you have any specific questions about Jade let me know.

I seem to have 'accidentally' booked another cruise clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Going on the Jade in March 2019 leaving from Miami

We got a great deal UBP, SDP, water, internet, OBC, Service Charges paid and excursion credit ( also choice phone call credit does anyone know what that is?)

It is only our second cruise, our first was on the Gem - looking at it online the ship looks very similar which makes us happy as we loved the Gem

Any tips for hotels, excursions or tips specific to the Jade gratefully received

Many thanks

Jade is a sister ship to the Gem but was refurbished last year and we did a Panama Canal trip in November on her. We had a great time! I think Jade is still sailing the Panama Canal. We had virtually no kids on our trip so the whole pool area became an adult area and on sea days there was always live music by the pool. There are plenty of activities planned and was a lot of fun. We do our own excursions and we are beach people -- since this is your second cruise, I would do a city tour at each new port so that you can get to know the islands. If you go to Ports of Call, you can get a lot of information about setting up your own excursions but if you're going on the Panama canal trip you will have to take the ship excursion. Let me know if you need any info on that.

Jade is a sister ship to the Gem but was refurbished last year and we did a Panama Canal trip in November on her. We had a great time! I think Jade is still sailing the Panama Canal. We had virtually no kids on our trip so the whole pool area became an adult area and on sea days there was always live music by the pool. There are plenty of activities planned and was a lot of fun. We do our own excursions and we are beach people -- since this is your second cruise, I would do a city tour at each new port so that you can get to know the islands. If you go to Ports of Call, you can get a lot of information about setting up your own excursions but if you're going on the Panama canal trip you will have to take the ship excursion. Let me know if you need any info on that.

I’m traveling on the Jade to Panama Canal in November. Can you explain what excursions are offered at Gatun Lake?

Thanks for your write up.

Joel

I am also booked on this cruise. I have the same as you except for the service charges paid. Was that a special email offer?

I’m traveling on the Jade to Panama Canal in November. Can you explain what excursions are offered at Gatun Lake?

Thanks for your write up.

Joel

There are several, bus tour, ferry through the Mira Flores Locks (second set out to Pacific Ocean), train ride and Gatun lake canoe trip. You must take the ship excursion, you cannot get off the ship otherwise. Almost all excursions are 9-4pm . We took a bus ride to Mira Flores lock visit center, drove around Panama city and returned by train (1hr of train ride). I heard very nice things about the ferry ride and will do that next time if we can't do from one coast to the other.

Colon is only a stop to pick up excursioners, there is nothing except a couple of shops and restaurants. Since ships have to wait for their turn through the canal, we had to wait for the ship for 3 hours. In hindsight, I would either do the ferry or stay on the ship to enjoy the pool. You have to get up early around 6:00am to watch the ship go through the canal and move around to get a look from all sides.

You will have a great time on the Jade, enjoy!

It's been nine years since we sailed on her but we've sailed on all the Jewel Class ships and have loved everyone of them. They're our favorite ships. If you liked Gem, you'll like Jade. Have a great cruise.

There are several, bus tour, ferry through the Mira Flores Locks (second set out to Pacific Ocean), train ride and Gatun lake canoe trip. You must take the ship excursion, you cannot get off the ship otherwise. Almost all excursions are 9-4pm . We took a bus ride to Mira Flores lock visit center, drove around Panama city and returned by train (1hr of train ride). I heard very nice things about the ferry ride and will do that next time if we can't do from one coast to the other.

Colon is only a stop to pick up excursioners, there is nothing except a couple of shops and restaurants. Since ships have to wait for their turn through the canal, we had to wait for the ship for 3 hours. In hindsight, I would either do the ferry or stay on the ship to enjoy the pool. You have to get up early around 6:00am to watch the ship go through the canal and move around to get a look from all sides.

You will have a great time on the Jade, enjoy!

Thank you! I have been studying the Panama Canal for years and I received a Christmas gift from my wife for this cruise. I can’t wait to finally see the Canal in person. I now know to take the tour boat through locks and do the return on the train to make to the Jade. Your courtesy is really appreciated.

Regards,

Joel

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...

I sailed the Jade for two weeks and loved it. The above link is a youtube video of the refurbishment. I am going to book her again. If you have any specific questions about Jade let me know.

Hello AF-1, Are there any designated adult only areas on The Jade? Is one of the pools for adults only? Thanks

Hello AF-1, Are there any designated adult only areas on The Jade? Is one of the pools for adults only? Thanks

In my experience, the answer is 'no'. It may be the case that one is designated as such but the reality is that any such designation is unclear, ignored and unenforced. It's just one big happy family/melee.