Dream cruise 10/22....security outside cabin

grest

Just curious....for the last four or five days of our wonderful cruise, security was posted outside a cabin on deck 7 toward the rear of the ship. Like 24 hours a day sitting outside the cabin (inside cabin)...does anyone know why?

Just curious....for the last four or five days of our wonderful cruise, security was posted outside a cabin on deck 7 toward the rear of the ship. Like 24 hours a day sitting outside the cabin (inside cabin)...does anyone know why?

Interesting. I was on that cruise and wasn't aware of anything spectacular that happened, but it is a big ship :)

Normally, security will do that if there is someone who has caused a significant problem (i.e., they are going to get arrested for something).

Just saw a youtube video posted recently called "Carnival Dream Cruise 2017" that showed a couple of teenagers fighting at about the 5:10 mark. Not sure how often that occurs but probably coincidental it was your cruise anyway, FWIW. I'm sure that activity is frowned upon but I'd think that would get someone kicked off if security got involved.

Just saw a youtube video posted recently called "Carnival Dream Cruise 2017" that showed a couple of teenagers fighting at about the 5:10 mark. Not sure how often that occurs but probably coincidental it was your cruise anyway, FWIW. I'm sure that activity is frowned upon but I'd think that would get someone kicked off if security got involved.

They have no reason to put up with it and would probably also ban that person from cruising for life.

Wow, I feel sorry for the security staff. I was also on that cruise, and on deck 2 the security and what looked like plain clothes security staff were at a room twice. I only noticed when walking past, so I figured they must have been regular visitors for me to have caught them two separate times there.

Must be something about deck 7 and those aft inside cabins. We remember security being posted outside a similar cabin on our Vista cruise this last April. But, that was only for a few hours. 4 or 5 days....must have done something really bad. Essentially, it's like being confined to the brig.

Wow, I feel sorry for the security staff. I was also on that cruise, and on deck 2 the security and what looked like plain clothes security staff were at a room twice. I only noticed when walking past, so I figured they must have been regular visitors for me to have caught them two separate times there.

Security will pay regular visits to a cabin that has been flagged as being a potential problem.

This happened to the cabin next to mine on Liberty when on the first full day (sea day) we heard through the wall a man shouting, thuds on the wall, a woman sobbing and a child screaming.

I had to run to the front desk for help (no one was answering the phone and there is no 911 on the phone). By the time I was back at my cabin, armed security was there and a medical person was hanging back in case she was needed.

The man was rip roaring drunk but no one was harmed. Because I had notified the ship of the problem, I was told that passengers in the cabin were cut off from any alcohol purchases for the cruise and that security would be making a regular security checks of the cabin. Our cabin was also called twice a day to check if we had anything to report.

The man was rip roaring drunk but no one was harmed. Because I had notified the ship of the problem, I was told that passengers in the cabin were cut off from any alcohol purchases for the cruise and that security would be making a regular security checks of the cabin. Our cabin was also called twice a day to check if we had anything to report.

That's actually good to know. Being next to someone so violent could be very scary.

Well I'm not proud saying this but on one of my cruises about 5 years ago my now ex-husband and I got into a heated yelling match. All of a sudden I heard over the loud speaker someone asking us if everything was ok. Scared the hell out of me as I had no idea that would happen. Needless to say this was one of the reasons why he is now my ex-husband as he hated cruising.

Thankfully for the rest of the cruise we made sure that neither of us raised our voices (lol).

Well I'm not proud saying this but on one of my cruises about 5 years ago my now ex-husband and I got into a heated yelling match. All of a sudden I heard over the loud speaker someone asking us if everything was ok. Scared the hell out of me as I had no idea that would happen. Needless to say this was one of the reasons why he is now my ex-husband as he hated cruising.

Thankfully for the rest of the cruise we made sure that neither of us raised our voices (lol).

Wow big brother was listening to you.

Security will pay regular visits to a cabin that has been flagged as being a potential problem.

This happened to the cabin next to mine on Liberty when on the first full day (sea day) we heard through the wall a man shouting, thuds on the wall, a woman sobbing and a child screaming.

I had to run to the front desk for help (no one was answering the phone and there is no 911 on the phone). By the time I was back at my cabin, armed security was there and a medical person was hanging back in case she was needed.

For future reference you can dial "911" on any ship phone. There is no button just like there isn't one on a regular phone.

You mean the loud speaker that goes over the entire ship, or is there a private one in your cabin?

Scary:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

We were on a short 5-day cruise out of Tampa a couple of years ago and there were a number of college spring-breakers (with drink packages) on board. At least 3 were put off in Grand Cayman for jumping from balcony to balcony. A fourth was put off in Cozumel for head-butting a glass-enclosed art display.

Sent from my iPad using Forums