Carnival Pride from Baltimore

TNcruising02

I am on the Carnival Pride that left from Baltimore last Sunday. We were originally going to Bermuda, but got rerouted to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport. Other than very cold weather the day we left on Sunday, the weather has been sunny and the ocean has been calm. We had a great day at Grand Turk and another great day today at Half Moon Cay. The water at Half Moon Cay was a beautiful blue.

An announcement was just made that we will have to skip Freeport tomorrow and head back to Baltimore due to the weather. Although I am waiting for more information, I assume we will take an eastern route as we head up north to steer clear of the bad weather. That is fine with me because I was concerned about hitting bad weather on our return to the port. I hope those in the path of the hurricane stay safe and the flooding doesn't cause too much damage.

I'm glad you are having good weather and a calm sea. I'm sure you are correct that they are sailing a more eastern route back to Baltimore. Of the ports you missed Freeport would be the one I wouldn't mind missing. Hope you have a good time sailing to Baltimore. Safe travels!

Have they offered you anything for the missed port? Selfishly, I am glad they are bring you back as my GF is getting married Saturday and boards Sunday for her honeymoon and I was hoping they wouldn’t cut her cruise short!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of the reasons I made the original post was to let people know who might be boarding this Sunday. We are still due back in port on Sunday. That has not changed at this moment. Congrats to your GF!

Before the cruise left last Sunday, but after the ports were changed, I received an email stating I would get 25% off my next cruise.

After this last change and the cancellation of our third stop (which was announced over the loud speaker), I received a notice from Carnival that went over the information about the storm and how we will need to take a more easterly route. People will receive a refund for any Carnival shore excursions and taxes, fees and port expenses for Freeport.

In addition, they gave everyone a Bingo card with three games on it. My husband and I each got one. There will be a bingo game tomorrow at 2:15 and the winner will get a 5 day cruise in an ocean view cabin. I also found out today that we won't have any more comedy shows because the comedians were due to board the ship in Freeport. They will add extra activities and entertainment. They will also have a Q & A in the theater tomorrow.

I'm glad you are having good weather and a calm sea. I'm sure you are correct that they are sailing a more eastern route back to Baltimore. Of the ports you missed Freeport would be the one I wouldn't mind missing. Hope you have a good time sailing to Baltimore. Safe travels!

I've been to Freeport before, so I am not sad we are missing it! I was disappointed about missing Bermuda, but we did have two very nice days at ports. Half Moon Cay was a perfect beach day. We rented a half clam shell for $25 and it was the best money ever spent. It really kept the sun off of us. The water was a perfect temperature and so blue.

I've been to Freeport before, so I am not sad we are missing it! I was disappointed about missing Bermuda, but we did have two very nice days at ports. Half Moon Cay was a perfect beach day. We rented a half clam shell for $25 and it was the best money ever spent. It really kept the sun off of us. The water was a perfect temperature and so blue.

I just got off the Horizon today (NYC) and we had to skip San Juan in order to give us the extra sea day needed to get ahead of Hurricane Florence, an excellent decision by Carnival. We also had the free bingo games with lucky Jennifer from Brooklyn winning the 5 day OV cruise! What a nice gesture from Carnival.

I appreciate the awesome attitude from the OP who did not complain about such a drastic itinerary change but rather embraced it.

I have done most of my sailings during hurricane season and have had many itinerary changes due to foul weather. Its part of the deal when cruising at this time.

Thanks for the positive post TNCruising02!

not millions of people in danger, businesses and lives being destroyed and your number one question :

"Have they offered you anything for the missed port?" WOW

We hope you stay safe and had a great cruise.

Coevan-

Guess you didn’t bother to look where I live...and the rest of my post. This storm has been barreling down on my area (she came ashore about 170 miles south) for a week. Having lived in the area for almost 30 years I am well aware of the power of a hurricane and have the utmost sympathy for all who ended up in a more direct path that I...or my GF who is still going forward with her wedding tomorrow...2 other GFs chose to cancel earlier in the week and now have to deal with rescheduling.

So, your judgment of my question is extremely misplaced. It was a simple matter of curiosity and collecting knowledge for the future.

One of the reasons I made the original post was to let people know who might be boarding this Sunday. We are still due back in port on Sunday. That has not changed at this moment. Congrats to your GF!

Before the cruise left last Sunday, but after the ports were changed, I received an email stating I would get 25% off my next cruise.

After this last change and the cancellation of our third stop (which was announced over the loud speaker), I received a notice from Carnival that went over the information about the storm and how we will need to take a more easterly route. People will receive a refund for any Carnival shore excursions and taxes, fees and port expenses for Freeport.

In addition, they gave everyone a Bingo card with three games on it. My husband and I each got one. There will be a bingo game tomorrow at 2:15 and the winner will get a 5 day cruise in an ocean view cabin. I also found out today that we won't have any more comedy shows because the comedians were due to board the ship in Freeport. They will add extra activities and entertainment. They will also have a Q & A in the theater tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing. I figured they had done something - they always do. I’m impressed you had 25% offer for next cruise and you hadn’t even sailed.

Thanks again for sharing and keeping up to speed. Let us know how your ride back in today and tomorrow are - here is hoping for calm seas and fun relaxing days.

If you get any other updates about arrival, I would really appreciate if you could share so I can give my GF first hand knowledge...I hooked her up with the cruise for her honeymoon and want them to have a fantastic time.

not millions of people in danger, businesses and lives being destroyed and your number one question :

"Have they offered you anything for the missed port?" WOW

I'm sitting here in the middle of hurricane Flo hoping the power doesn't go out ... and I was interested in that question :)

My wife and I were supposed to be on this cruise ,we had to cancel for a medical issue at 3PM on Saturday just as we were getting ready to drive down to Baltimore ,we are almost glad we did not make it we really wanted to go to Bermuda. No more cruises at the peak of hurricane season for us !

My wife and I were supposed to be on this cruise ,we had to cancel for a medical issue at 3PM on Saturday just as we were getting ready to drive down to Baltimore ,we are almost glad we did not make it we really wanted to go to Bermuda. No more cruises at the peak of hurricane season for us !

I'm sorry you had to cancel due to a medical issue. Our stops were probably not nearly as good as going to Bermuda, but the weather has been perfect. It's been sunny and warm every day. I think ships only cruise to Bermuda at certain times of the year, so that makes things a little more difficult as far as planning. I still want to see Bermuda.

We are still due to arrive back in Baltimore on Sunday. I am posting from my balcony. The ocean and sky look just like a picture. It's so pretty. A lucky lady won the free cruise at bingo a little while ago. My husband and I have been keeping up with the news and this hurricane sure seems to be lingering over some areas. The flooding looks horrible.

As far as the ship, I think the Pride is very nice. It's one of the smaller ships. All of the employees are very friendly. Overall, it's been a very good cruise.

We were on the Pride this week (changed from Bermuda to Grand Turk and HMC). While we were disappointed to miss Bermuda, the 25% off a future cruise has offset some of that disappointment! Plus the crew, and in particular the best CD I have ever encountered, Dr. E., made the cruise enjoyable. And with the money we got back from port fees from missing Bermuda and Freeport, we were able to pay for our excellent snorkeling excursion in Grand Turk!

I was also on the Bermuda Cruise that diverted. The 25% that Carnival is offering is really the approximate difference between the two different itineraries. We had an inside cabin and it was approximately a 20% difference in costs. However they only refunded $20.01for the supposed difference in government tax/port charges. I couldn't check until i got home to look up my email. We paid $178 in Gov/Port charges for the Bermuda cruise, and the going rate for the itinerary we ended up on was $127. $51 - $20 = $31 per person in Carnival profits. ~2200 people on board, means They made about $68,000 for our inconvenience. They did give us $49 for the missed port, Freeport, though. So, while they still made out pretty well, at least the net difference is less than what it originally was. Basically Carnival only gave us the approximate difference for the basic cruise fare/ tax charges, and offered nothing for our inconvenience. That turned out to be the third time on that itinerary for us, and we would have never booked it for a third time.

Most people like cruising out of Baltimore because they can drive and park, not having to deal with Air Travel. There is a significant size of the US population within easy driving distance of Baltimore. This leads me to ask, when is the next 5 day cruise out of Baltimore?

Remember, they gave away one 5 day cruise to the woman who won the bingo game. She is from Maryland. By the Way, the question about the next 5 day cruise out of Baltimore (on a Carnival ship) is a trick question. Check it out!

In spite of the questionable math by Carnival, the cruise met expectations, so I can't say it was a bad cruise. kudos to the maitre'd Ken, who is an excellent singer serenading us while the desserts were being served in the main dining room. Also, the assistant CD Bendey Blake was fun watching as he went through some very physical routines, especially during the Movie Theme Song Trivia game.

I was also on this cruise. I plan to write a review sometime this week. The 25% off next cruise is fine if one plans to cruise again, otherwise you get nothing. They only give 18 months to use it. The 5 day cruise that was given at Bingo is a joke. Pride from Baltimore does not have any 5 day cruises as far as I can see. When Bahamas cruise was diverted to Canada in 2016 they gave the 25% off to be used in 2 years, Please in addition to refunded port fees everyone was given $100 OBC for that cruise.

I was also on the Bermuda Cruise that diverted. The 25% that Carnival is offering is really the approximate difference between the two different itineraries. We had an inside cabin and it was approximately a 20% difference in costs. However they only refunded $20.01for the supposed difference in government tax/port charges. I couldn't check until i got home to look up my email. We paid $178 in Gov/Port charges for the Bermuda cruise, and the going rate for the itinerary we ended up on was $127. $51 - $20 = $31 per person in Carnival profits. ~2200 people on board, means They made about $68,000 for our inconvenience. They did give us $49 for the missed port, Freeport, though. So, while they still made out pretty well, at least the net difference is less than what it originally was. Basically Carnival only gave us the approximate difference for the basic cruise fare/ tax charges, and offered nothing for our inconvenience. That turned out to be the third time on that itinerary for us, and we would have never booked it for a third time.

Most people like cruising out of Baltimore because they can drive and park, not having to deal with Air Travel. There is a significant size of the US population within easy driving distance of Baltimore. This leads me to ask, when is the next 5 day cruise out of Baltimore?

Remember, they gave away one 5 day cruise to the woman who won the bingo game. She is from Maryland. By the Way, the question about the next 5 day cruise out of Baltimore (on a Carnival ship) is a trick question. Check it out!

When you have the cruise for free, it’s a lot more palatable to pony up for air. With Galveston a 6hr Drive, and NOLA a 10hr Drive, the last time we flew for a cruise was five years ago when we were using a free cruise cert we won playing bingo.

18 month’s is plenty of time to find a 6 day window for work vacation and with that much notice very easy to find good air.

And gee, how bout driving to NY or Charleston to do something different?