Honolulu... Taxi from ship to Memorial

shipndip60

We will be doing our own excursion when we port in Honolulu, and was thinking of taking a taxi from the port to the memorial to get a early start on our day. My question is has anyone done this and if so, how long is the ride and what the cost might be ? I'm not sure how far away it is from where the ship docks I thought I would check here first because I get my best info from CC. Thank You

It is less than 10 miles and should take less than 15 minutes - depending on what time you get off the ship. We got off early, to beat the tours from the ship. I forget the cost. We took the cab from right off the pier and the crowds were not too bad. Then, a taxi ride to your next fun place. We returned to Aloha Tower for our Flight-seeing adventure.

What you might want to consider is taking the local bus. You can find route information on line.

Jim

This does not answer your taxi question but you probably should be aware of the current situation regarding the Arizona Memorial.

In early July I sent an e-mail to Robert's Tours Hawaii. They run tours in all the Hawaiian Islands, and some private cruise ship tours. They are on the web. Below is their response. I would also read the alerts on the NPS site mentioned below, as well as the FAQ's regarding tickets and other information.

From Pearl Harbor's Website:

Please be advised that boat transportation to the USS Arizona Memorial is temporarily suspended until further notice, due to a recently detected crack in the supporting structure for the visitor loading ramp. Visitors with tickets will view the documentary in the theater followed by a narrated harbor tour in the vicinity of the memorial without disembarking. We will inform the public of any changes to visitor access and make every effort to resume normal operations as soon as possible. Visitation to other amenities within the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, such as the free museums, shore side exhibits, snack shop, and Pacific Historic Parks Bookstore, will not be affected. Similarly, our partner sites, the Battleship Missouri Memorial, the USS Bowfin Submarine Museum & Park, and the Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor, will not be affected. Visitor safety is our primary concern, and we thank you for your understanding and patience. For additional updates, please visit www.nps.gov/valr.

I've taken the bus, several times. Direct and easy but does take long time. I still do suggest, having permits for the boat ride, which does give you a partial, view of the Arizona, even though the landing is closed. The Missouri is certainly worthwhile

I would buy a day pass for TheBus. $5.50. Many city buses to PH. Since the boats no longer go to the Arizona (ship) you don't have to 'get there early' to get a boat ticket. But do go and see the museum and surrounding. Plus the MO and the Bowfin and The Pacific Air Museum.