Fantasy - Fog Delay Causes Itinerary Change

Mysticks1

The Fantasy has not been able to make it into the Port of Mobile due to heavy fog. The ship is not expected in to port until 7:45 tonight and the cruisers who were supposed to board today will now be boarding tomorrow morning instead. So their 5 day cruise just became a 4 day cruise. http://www.shipmobile.com/cruises/weather-information/

I'm curious what the cruise line does in a situation like this. A few thousand people in Mobile needing a hotel for the night? Do they pay for accommodations? I'm also wondering about the folks on the ship who had their luggage collected. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious what the cruise line does in a situation like this. A few thousand people in Mobile needing a hotel for the night? Do they pay for accommodations? I'm also wondering about the folks on the ship who had their luggage collected. Ugh.

Since it is not the cruise lines fault doubt they pick up accommodations. Wonder if port has enough hotels to even take care of all the people

They most likely wont do anything. Although it's an inconvenience, and some may even say a nightmare, Weather happens and there's nothing they can do about it.

Since it is not the cruise lines fault doubt they pick up accommodations. Wonder if port has enough hotels to even take care of all the people

I was thinking the same thing! Couldn't have been pretty.

They most likely wont do anything. Although it's an inconvenience, and some may even say a nightmare, Weather happens and there's nothing they can do about it.
We have had our cruise shortened before because of fog

and got a 1/2 off next cruise and money back on the original cruise. Carnival made it right eventhough it was not their fault.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

I'm sure they have the hotels. Mobile hosts the Senior Bowl every Jan. Pretty much everyone associated with the NFL is in Mobile that week.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on this cruise. As far as hotel rooms, there was some water treatment convention in town, and it wasn't the easiest for finding hotel rooms. There was a show choir from a high school that was there to perform on board, who were luckily taken in by a local church. Port fees (we were unable to go to Progreso), and one day reimbursement for Bubbles, Internet, etc., were credited to Sign and Sail cards. No special bounce back offers given at all, and our rooms for that Monday night were not reimbursed either (act of God).