Distinctive Voyages/ Free at Sea

Tabatha1988

372166e4db318f71ebdfa56ba9805db9.jpg

Newbie question, and to this cruise line. How exactly does the free unlimited bar work, and what’s included?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's free and at the same time is not free.

If you chose the unlimited bar perk, You are REQUIRED to pay 20% gratuities on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package ($17.80 USD per person per day) and includes:

a variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $15 USD. Includes fountain soda and juice, and non-alcoholic beer. PLEASE NOTE: no bottled waters included, no coffees from the coffee shops, no energy drinks, no sports drink.

Also if your are a Coca Cola lover, NCL is strictly Pepsi products and you are NOT allowed to bring any water or sodas onboard.

Edited by Georgie562

Bar drinks up to $15. If a drink is over $15 (which is hard), you pay the difference in cost plus 20% gratuity on the difference. No limit to the number or frequency of drinks. Enjoy!

The distinctive voyages perks are great extras for free!

Yea it is a great deal you no longer get that huge $1200 bar bill at the end you your cruise. You only pay around $200 for 2 people for the week.

Now one thing that folks are not saying the cost of the cruise has gone up to compensate for the unlimited bar so the promo fills all the ships and the cost is weaved into your final price but I like it being included and not charged for so this is fine by me.

• 4 weeks later...

Although it is "fine by you" to call it free, and may be worth it, yet you are almost fully charged for it vs a Sail-away room, why would this be fine with various state attorneys general?

How to they "getaway" with this?

Wouldn't it be more up-front and ethical, and then also probably legal, to discount it if you purchase it at the same time?

They can do it this way because they are complying with all laws regarding it.

As for the sailaway rate, it's only in the last minute cruises that I've seen the difference come close to being the 623 cost of the package. I just booked a cruise ten months out and the sailaway is only 100 less and it's a crapshoot to what room you get.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Obviously it would be soon, or there would be more rooms, its actually 5/13. I did need to look at a few to prove the point, but Free should be free or use a different word.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

And I said in my post that in last minute cruises there were a difference... so there was no point for you to prove when I specifically said that last minute cruises do sometimes have a wide gap.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

And that's why it's deceptive and unethical. You, individual you, can justify paying a premium for "free" by applying conditions that NCL isn't supplying or stating. It must be nice in your world.

If free costs $400, 4 weeks from now or $100 2 years from now that is not free.