Anthem sjs 6240 toilet flushing sound

First time in a suite on Anthem. Booked a guarantee and was immediately assigned a spa junior suite 6240. The cabin is lovely, location is fine, view is fine, love coastal kitchen for dinner. But, every single evening, around bedtime, there is a relentless toilet flushing noise. Actuallt seems louder than our own cabin toilet. I'm not able to figure out where it's coming from but it is loud enough that it woke me up one evening. (Don't judge I'm on vacation). I don't recall hearing this in previous cabins although I usually do a deck eleven or twelve balcony. I know I'm not imagining it, and I'm sort of ready to record it just to show guest services. Not looking for anything, not gonna move at this point. Just curious. Is this a design flaw on the ship? Do other cabins have this?

It's gravity getting you.

All the rooms above run through that same pipe. So when someone on deck 13 flushes - it pounds down through the same pipe.

It's the same on most deck rooms. At least with the bathroom door shut it was a bit better.

Next leg I moved up to deck 8 and couldn't believe the difference in the noise.

Raina

It's gravity getting you.

All the rooms above run through that same pipe. So when someone on deck 13 flushes - it pounds down through the same pipe.

It's the same on most deck rooms. At least with the bathroom door shut it was a bit better.

Next leg I moved up to deck 8 and couldn't believe the difference in the noise.

Raina

IMO, it would be that noise all day long and not just in evening like he posted.

First time in a suite on Anthem. Booked a guarantee and was immediately assigned a spa junior suite 6240. The cabin is lovely, location is fine, view is fine, love coastal kitchen for dinner. But, every single evening, around bedtime, there is a relentless toilet flushing noise. Actuallt seems louder than our own cabin toilet. I'm not able to figure out where it's coming from but it is loud enough that it woke me up one evening. (Don't judge I'm on vacation). I don't recall hearing this in previous cabins although I usually do a deck eleven or twelve balcony. I know I'm not imagining it, and I'm sort of ready to record it just to show guest services. Not looking for anything, not gonna move at this point. Just curious. Is this a design flaw on the ship? Do other cabins have this?

It looks like you are kind of above a public rest room, I wonder if it is noise traveling up from there. Does it coincide with when a show is getting out and the rest room below is super busy?

Getting concerned now, I’m in SJS 6242 & there are no other cabins available to switch to. Do you think that this noise will also be heard in my cabin it’s right next to 6240.

We were in 6242 in May 2015 on the Quantum. Sister ship. Same design problem.

There is really nothing that can be done to fix it is an issue with the pipe system for the toilets. I did complain to Guest Services and we were given a FCC. (There is nothing your stateroom attendant or maintenance can do to fix the noise.)

I was assigned cabin 6238, but moved up to 7240. Now I am thankful that I moved up one deck. Sorry to hear about that. Wonder how bad the noise is only 1 deck up in the same area.

Someone should do a spreadsheet of all the quirky cabin issues on every ship. However, I bet there would be the same empty rooms on every ship, LOL

I was assigned cabin 6238, but moved up to 7240. Now I am thankful that I moved up one deck. Sorry to hear about that. Wonder how bad the noise is only 1 deck up in the same area.

Someone should do a spreadsheet of all the quirky cabin issues on every ship. However, I bet there would be the same empty rooms on every ship, LOL

Please post when you get back & let me know how your cabin noise was on deck 7. All SJS have been fully booked for weeks now, I check a few times a day, getting desperate about switching cabins, I’m a very light sleeper.

Question for OP: Is this a continual sound, or does it come and go? What time of night, exactly? Also, how long does it last? If it is "relentless" as the OP says, I don't believe it is anything to do with toilets. If it is fairly late in the evening, I would suspect power washing of the promenade deck directly below the cabin, and perhaps some sound from the power washing machines, which may be located in some technical spaces since this is midships.

Question for OP: Is this a continual sound, or does it come and go? What time of night, exactly? Also, how long does it last? If it is "relentless" as the OP says, I don't believe it is anything to do with toilets. If it is fairly late in the evening, I would suspect power washing of the promenade deck directly below the cabin, and perhaps some sound from the power washing machines, which may be located in some technical spaces since this is midships.

Would like to know also.

It is a whooshing noise. It is in the "flush" system which was created for the toilets on Quantum class ship. (Has nothing to do with power washing on the decks.)

It is a whooshing noise. It is in the "flush" system which was created for the toilets on Quantum class ship. (Has nothing to do with power washing on the decks.)

I would suspect it is the restroom also, since that is a very busy restroom, that is why I asked if it coincides with when a show gets out. Spectra's and the Tribute bands end late in 270 and We Will Rock You ends late in the theater. Both venues have closer restrooms (the one in 270 is tiny), but many head to the farther restroom thinking the line will be shorter.

As Beensaing says, it's definitely a toilet flushing sound. Started paying more attention and it does happen during the day as well. I guess I just hadn't noticed because we'd have the tv on etc. Other than that, the cabin is very quiet. Being situated behind the elevators there is no traffic at all past the room.

I'm well aware of the vacuum toilet system that is used on every cruise ship, Quantum is no different. Does this "whoosh" come and go? Just because it is in the area of the back of your bathroom does not necessarily mean it is in the vacuum system, as there can be other plumbing in the technical space between cabins.

I would suspect it is the restroom also, since that is a very busy restroom, that is why I asked if it coincides with when a show gets out. Spectra's and the Tribute bands end late in 270 and We Will Rock You ends late in the theater. Both venues have closer restrooms (the one in 270 is tiny), but many head to the farther restroom thinking the line will be shorter.

That is a possibility, though I've not heard loud flushing sounds transmitted between decks before. Faint and muted, yes, but not something that would really be noticeable.

I was also looking for the closest dining venue or galley, as the centralized garbage disposal system also uses a vacuum system to move the food waste, and it could be this during nightly clean up, but I didn't see anything close.

As I posted earlier, we were given FCC after I went to guest services to complain about the noise. Whether this is an all day (and night) issue I don’t know as we were generally not around in the stateroom in daytime, but my guess is yes. The noise was loud and rather obnoxious when trying to relax in the evening and / or go to sleep.

Just received a fcc from guest services. They claim they've had no complaints on this cabin. I don't believe that, but grateful that they tried to make it right. Interestingly enough, they offered to move us, for tonight, while we're docked at Bayonne. I declined but on second thought with all our stuff packed it would be easy enough to move for that Manhattan view.

Just received a fcc from guest services. They claim they've had no complaints on this cabin. I don't believe that, but grateful that they tried to make it right. Interestingly enough, they offered to move us, for tonight, while we're docked at Bayonne. I declined but on second thought with all our stuff packed it would be easy enough to move for that Manhattan view. ��

As I previously wrote, our FCC was for 6242 on Quantum. Same ship design. Same noise from the toilet issue....