Check-in window...when is it available?

Cushing985

I booked our cruise using a regular travel agent because it was heavily discounted after sleeping through a timeshare presentation. At what point can I select my check-in window? I don't see it anywhere. Is it after final payment date? Thanks in advance.

I booked our cruise using a regular travel agent because it was heavily discounted after sleeping through a timeshare presentation. At what point can I select my check-in window? I don't see it anywhere. Is it after final payment date? Thanks in advance.

It's when you do the Online Check-in on your Cruise Manager, I just booked my cruise for next year and it said Online Check-in will be available in January, final payment is due in February, and I sail in April.

From Carnival's web site:

Q: When can I select my Arrival Appointment online?

A: Arrival Appointments can be selected for sailings within 90 days of departure and no later than midnight (eastern time) prior to your sailing date.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3180/~/online-check-in-and-arrival-appointment

On page 2 of the thread in the link below, there are a couple of loopholes mentioned (one by me) that Carnival may or may not have closed since they were discovered, which will allow you to do check-in prior to that 90 day window.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2628129&page=2

However, the check-in option won’t be available until 90 days out.

However, the check-in option won’t be available until 90 days out.

Check-in is available through those loopholes now. You can give guest info, citizenship info, travel info, choose stateroom preferences, set up your account, and accept the contract. What you can't do is choose a check-in time/arrival appointment.

Check-in is available through those loopholes now. You can give guest info, citizenship info, travel info, choose stateroom preferences, set up your account, and accept the contract. What you can't do is choose a check-in time/arrival appointment.

Absolutely correct - the loophole(s) to complete check-in apparently are still open but the window to select your arrival appointment still will not appear until 90 days prior to embarkation.

That is what I was "trying" to state, the option to choose check-in time is not yet available for those more than 90 days out..

Carnival closed the loopholes. I tried on my phone using Chrome and on my laptop using Internet Explorer, Edge, and Chrome. I got a notice that says:

*** DAYS TILL SAILING

We know you're excited and so are we!

Unfortunately, online check-in can only be completed within 90 days of your sail date.

Come back *** **, 20**!

On a mostly unrelated note, I noticed that the last two digits of my birth year are starred out on my cruise details page. How long has that been happening? I seem to remember being able to see the last two digits before.

Keep checking.

Carnival closed the loopholes. I tried on my phone using Chrome and on my laptop using Internet Explorer, Edge, and Chrome. I got a notice that says:

*** DAYS TILL SAILING

We know you're excited and so are we!

Unfortunately, online check-in can only be completed within 90 days of your sail date.

Come back *** **, 20**!

On a mostly unrelated note, I noticed that the last two digits of my birth year are starred out on my cruise details page. How long has that been happening? I seem to remember being able to see the last two digits before.

I too noticed a couple of days ago the back doors to early online check-in have been closed. Too bad. :mad:

As to the asterisks on the last two digits of birth year, I can't say I have noticed that before but it's probably a good idea in fact, why not "asterisk-out" the entire birth date info? On second thought, maybe they want you to notice if there's an error in your birth date?

I too noticed a couple of days ago the back doors to early online check-in have been closed. Too bad. :mad:

As to the asterisks on the last two digits of birth year, I can't say I have noticed that before but it's probably a good idea in fact, why not "asterisk-out" the entire birth date info? On second thought, maybe they want you to notice if there's an error in your birth date?

I know I've done check-in way before 90 days. I already started check-in for my 2/9/19 & 2/16/19 B2B. However, when I checked in a couple of days ago, it says to come back some time in Nov. I wonder if they've saved what I already completed or whether I'll have to start all over.

I know I've done check-in way before 90 days. I already started check-in for my 2/9/19 & 2/16/19 B2B. However, when I checked in a couple of days ago, it says to come back some time in Nov. I wonder if they've saved what I already completed or whether I'll have to start all over.

I wondered the same thing but won't know for sure until 90 days out (unless someone here that did check-in prior to the 90 day wall coming down reports that all their info was retained). I certainly don't want to re-enter all that stuff! :(