Courtesy Spa Cabin Upgrade = No Spa Passes?

ugagal07

We are booked on the Dec 16th Magic sailing. We were re-routed from San Juan and St. Thomas to Nassau and Freeport. The price of the cruise dropped. We are booked past guest rate, so I called to upgrade to a higher cabin category. I was told that if we do a "courtesy upgrade" to a spa balcony from a regular balcony, we would not receive the spa passes because I didn't pay for a spa balcony... True or false?

The spa balcony is actually cheaper than what I paid, but I know that's the way things work. I don't want money back, just a pair of spa passes for being in a spa balcony. Anyone heard this before?

Yup. I’ve heard it before. Because u didn’t book the spa room originally. Then ur not entitled to the spa passes. It was a upgrade room.

Still a little strange to me but that’s there policy.

That’s why I book it from start. It’s a awesome room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked on the Dec 16th Magic sailing. We were re-routed from San Juan and St. Thomas to Nassau and Freeport. The price of the cruise dropped. We are booked past guest rate, so I called to upgrade to a higher cabin category. I was told that if we do a "courtesy upgrade" to a spa balcony from a regular balcony, we would not receive the spa passes because I didn't pay for a spa balcony... True or false?

The spa balcony is actually cheaper than what I paid, but I know that's the way things work. I don't want money back, just a pair of spa passes for being in a spa balcony. Anyone heard this before?

I have read that before. So, you could use your savings on the room to pay for spa passes.

Yup. I’ve heard it before. Because u didn’t book the spa room originally. Then ur not entitled to the spa passes. It was a upgrade room.

I see nothing strange at all, they did not buy a Cloud 9 Spa cabin, which is extra because it includes the spa.

Darn... Oh well. We don't get any actual savings since it's past guest rate, which I completely understand. We paid $68 more than what the Spa Balcony is selling for now. I was hoping to spend some port time in the spa since we are not thrilled about Freeport or Nassau. Can't justify an additional $300 though since we've got 2 kids and time in the spa would be limited.

Probably should have stayed where we were then, live and learn. I assumed (and hoped) the CCL rep was the usual CCL rep, slightly confused and you get a different response each time.

It's true.

It's true.

Not true. I was upgraded to a spa cabin/assigned a spa cabin when I price matched to a lower price and allowed carnival to pick my room. I was able to go to the spa, get my sticker from the people in the spa without an issue. You don’t get “passes” in your room, you have to go to the spa and get a sticker and wrist band thingy. The OP may very well get spa cabin extras

I will be visiting the spa with a smile on my face and asking very politely for my access. However, I've searched my ticket contract and Carnival's website and can't find this written anywhere. Has anyone ever seen a written policy for this? I also know the spa is a 3rd party vendor, but not sure how or if that changes anything.

I will be visiting the spa with a smile on my face and asking very politely for my access. However, I've searched my ticket contract and Carnival's website and can't find this written anywhere. Has anyone ever seen a written policy for this? I also know the spa is a 3rd party vendor, but not sure how or if that changes anything.

Worth a try! Spa may just have a list of cabins and names.

YMMV but I don't think the spa is nearly as strict as Carnival makes it out to be. For instance, we had a spa cabin last cruise and they specifically told the first two of us to make sure the other two came in. I would definitely just go see once you're on board, it seems like they set aside the number of passes by occupants.

I may be wrong (I frequently am), but it sounds to me like you are in a situation where you would get the passes. Normally, cases where you would not get them is when Carnival upgrades you at no cost. You, however, upgraded your cabin because of a pricing difference. The difference is subtle, but I believe that it is there.

True. And other cruise lines also have that policy.

But why? If someone else books the cat at this lower rate, they are entitled to the privileges. Correct? Why isn’t it the same for the OP?

This is untrue you will have you passes for guest 1 and 2 only. Your bracelets will be in the room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My last 4 cruises were Spa Balconies, never got a bracelet or a sticker. Show the girls your card and you enter

My last 4 cruises were Spa Balconies, never got a bracelet or a sticker. Show the girls your card and you enter

Our last cruise, in March on the Breeze, we got a sticker. Had to turn our cards into desk and they let us in the T-pool. We had a spa cabin. We have been on the Breeze 3x and same thing.

On the Magic, again had a spa cabin, our sail & sign cards opened the t-pools. Didn't have to check in. We had wrist bands also that we were to wear.

I have read that if you paid for the upgrade cabin then you have access, if not you do not. If the ship has a Cloud 9 spa with a T-pool we will have a spa cabin or buy the weekly pass..

The Carnival phone people seem to have varying answers regarding Spa rooms. We are booked in 2 interior spa rooms on the Sunshine Feb 10th, each with 3 girls to a room (bachelorette party!). When we booked, the woman told us all 3 of us in each room would have access to the spa. Later I read online somewhere that only 2 people per room get the spa access. So we called and sure enough, the person on the phone said yes, only the 2 get access. We had a lot of back and forths and ultimately the bride, who works in customer service, called and told them to "pull the calls" meaning, she knows they are recorded and wanted proof that we were misled. Sure enough, we get an email about a week later apologizing for the mistake and notating on our reservation that all 6 of us will have spa access. It's my understanding that the spa is operated by a different company and not Carnival itself. You might very well be able to show up and go to the spa and they give you passes having no idea you were told otherwise. I'd just go and act ignorant until they tell you no.

My first upgrade was the same as yours. Price drop made my cove balcony higher than the spa. I did not book under early saver and final payment was already made. I called and asked nicely about changing rooms. They moved me to spa balcony and I had all the perks. This was on the Magic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums