Predictions on a Cabin Coming Available....

ceilidh1

Thought I would update you all on this....

Took your advice and have been stalking the Princess site several times a day. Last checked around 11pm last night - still only minisuites. Got up this morning and checked around 9:30am - up popped an interior! Just one. And it was available on both the north and south bound (but strangely not the 14 day). I immediately booked both and am now set to head up to Alaska and back for 2 weeks on August 4th.

So, if you really want something that is sold out - keep checking! Even after final payment!

Congratulations!!!

And thanks for coming back and letting us know. I'm in a similar situation. I want to take the Sept 19 RT from LA to Alaska, but won't have the full far until after final payment date. Right now there are 6 cabins of the class we're interested in, and final payment is 7/6, so I'm really hoping that there are still some available at the end of July. If not, I'll know to just keep losing, even after final payment. That's really good to know.

Thought I would update you all on this....

Took your advice and have been stalking the Princess site several times a day. Last checked around 11pm last night - still only minisuites. Got up this morning and checked around 9:30am - up popped an interior! Just one. And it was available on both the north and south bound (but strangely not the 14 day). I immediately booked both and am now set to head up to Alaska and back for 2 weeks on August 4th.

So, if you really want something that is sold out - keep checking! Even after final payment!

Is the cabin you got for 3 people?

Is the cabin you got for 3 people?

Yes - an inside for 3 popped up this morning. Just one, forward on Dolphin. Not my first choice of location BUT the bonus was that it was available on both legs so I won't need to change rooms...

I called Princess to try to book it as the 14 day rather than two 7 days (usually saves a little money) but the 14 day was still only showing minisuites for 3 passengers.

Yes - an inside for 3 popped up this morning. Just one, forward on Dolphin. Not my first choice of location BUT the bonus was that it was available on both legs so I won't need to change rooms...

I called Princess to try to book it as the 14 day rather than two 7 days (usually saves a little money) but the 14 day was still only showing minisuites for 3 passengers.

When a cruise can be sold multiple ways such as 2x 7 days or 1x 14 days, Princess allocates cabins to be sold only one of the ways. That is why you could not see them available for the 14 days even though they were vacant and you were able to book them for 2x7 days.