Jewel of the Seas 7048 - bad choice?

I currently have Jewel of the Seas 7048 booked for a Southern next year. It's only me in the cabin, but it seems like I've read some questionable stuff about this one.

Is this a bad choice on a Radiance-class ship? Pros? Cons? Any pictures?

Should I call them and try to change my cabin when they open?

Thanks.

I currently have Jewel of the Seas 7048 booked for a Southern next year. It's only me in the cabin, but it seems like I've read some questionable stuff about this one.

Thanks.

I just Googled. I didn't see anything wrong. Balcony size doesn't matter for us. Planning Jewel for next year. Whatever you decide enjoy.:)

We were on the Jewel last January in cabin 7050.We enjoy the room the only think we seen was the walk from the Elevator was a little long and to go to the windjammer which is all the way aft.It was the first time we had a front looking cabin.

Thanks.

Your balcony is about half the size of normal as it's a perfect triangle and only fits one chair. Note the photo below... This is Jewel and I've put a red arrow pointing up at your cabin (opposite side of ship). Also note you are right overtop the white life-boat cover and thus cannot see directly down to the water. Even only one cabin further forward gives you the larger balcony plus you can see forward

DSC02858_zpsrt7yqnqq.jpg

I stayed in the cabin right above you 8542. On the 8th deck the balcony is bigger and you can see forward by looking out t over the railing....

Here's the view from that 8542. I would not book this balcony for two people if you spend any time on the balcony.... I was solo so it was perfectly fine for me.

DSC07818_zpsvlgxjxcl.jpg

Agree with those above...change that cabin...Did you book this cabin yourself :eek:...Should be something else available in that category this far in advance...if not keep watching.

Thanks everyone. I am not one who feels like I need to look directly down, so I've never understood the "OMG lifeboats/lifeboat covers" thing, so that didn't really bother me so much as I realized it's a back-facing balcony more than a just looking out to sea balcony.

So...that said, I did call and get changed to 9000 - yes, I'm weird and actually do like being further forward. As it turns out it's a good thing I called as I'd forgotten about the whole "it automatically puts the C&A discount on rather than giving you the OBC" thing, so I got that switched and ultimately come out $129 better (the cabin was $71 more when the discount was removed and all was said and done and the OBC was $200).

Lol...I'm with you about the "downward view"! Glad you got a cabin you like and a good deal!!!

Hee! Thanks!! I think for me it probably comes from cruising DCL where the 5th deck on the Dream Class ships sticks out so balconies above that look directly down.

I'm super excited! And now feel the need to book something on Serenade so I'll complete the Radiance Class "grand slam". :'):'):')