Junior Suite on Independence

FrannyK

Trying to decide what JS to choose on the Independence in January. My choices are some JS's on the sides of the ship (decks 10, 9 and 7) and a couple of junior suites on deck 7 aft (7714, 7712). I looked on youtube to see the difference between the side JS's and the deck 7 aft JS's and it looked to me like the aft JS's were narrower than the side JS's. The side JS's had a slider and a window but the aft JS had just a slider and the room seemed narrower. Is this right? We really like aft cabins, and I know the balcony would be bigger but having trouble deciding.

... it looked to me like the aft JS's were narrower than the side JS's. The side JS's had a slider and a window but the aft JS had just a slider and the room seemed narrower. Is this right? ...

Yes, this has been our experience. We prefer the side-facing JS staterooms as the larger balcony of the aft JS staterooms does not make up for the longer walk aft for us.

The aft views on deck 7 have LOTS of superstructure to look past before the ocean comes into view. I personally prefer a JS closer to mid-ship and near the elevator/stairway foyer. Makes life much easier!

The deck plans are not "to scale"....

Put me down for the aft. Sure it's a little longer walk, but, with all the extra eating I do on board I can use the exercise. I also think it's a little quieter back there and I really do enjoy the larger balconies.

I agree. The walking doesn't bother us, and I like the space, plus the shade is good as well, a benefit of the superstructure.

JC

I agree. The walking doesn't bother us, and I like the space, plus the shade is good as well, a benefit of the superstructure.

JC

We are aft lovers and the walk never bothers us. It's just that we rarely pay for a JS and I hesitate paying more for the smallest of JS's even with the larger balcony.