Trip Review: Celebrity Equinox - 9 Dec 2017 to 16 Dec 2017

journeycollector

journeycollector...thank you for taking us along on your cruise. Really enjoyed it. We are doing a B2B on the Equinox 24 March and 31 March 2018. I hope you don't mind but I pirated one of your pictures of the Equinox (just the ship) to save as my desk top. I always like a photo of the ship on my desk top that we will be cruising on.

Happy to oblige! :D Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the amazing review. Loved the photos. We are on this same cruise on January 20th. We are also on our honeymoon. Got married in August but decided to wait until it got colder in Canada to cruise. Our first ever cruise so we don’t really know what to expect as we have only done all inclusive. After reading your review and seeing your pictures I am even more excited. We booked 2 days in Miami prior as we have also never been to Florida. Expecting 30cm of snow Christmas Day so I’m am counting down the days!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

journeycollector thank you so much for the wonderful review of your cruise. We will be boarding on the 17th and she will be our home for 17 days:). We can not wait as it is snowing right now as we are from Wi. as well. This will be our 3rd time on the Equinox and we just Love this ship. Thanks again for such a great review so well done!!!!!!!!!

Can you explain what the silent disco is? Thanks! Sailing on her on 3/3/18 and I am loving your review and pictures!

Sunday, December 10 - Day at Sea

After two jam-packed days in Miami Beach and Saturday exploring the ship, Sunday morning was for sleeping in! We rolled into Oceanview Cafe for a quick breakfast at around 9am. Wait...that's a lie...It was 9:45!!!

We both liked the layout and selection of foods in Oceanview Cafe. It felt spacious, was easy to move around in, and we rarely had trouble finding seats. Unlike our Alaskan cruise on Crown Princess, we didn't see a lot of people hogging tables who were ***not*** eating (e.g., playing card games or on their iPads, etc.). So that was a plus.

We appreciated the various stations (e.g., American breakfast, English breakfast, omelette station, bakery, fresh fruit, granola).

After breakfast, we decided to get some steps in by walking the track. It was still overcast from the previous day. We attended the hot glass show which was cool (pun intended!).

Then we found some chairs on the covered portion of the pool deck (since it was spritzing a bit) and streamed a couple TV shows using our Internet package (which worked OK most of the time).

We went back to Oceanview Cafe for lunch (we tended to like quick breakfasts and lunches, so the buffet usually suits us) and did afternoon trivia in the beautiful Sky lounge.

Dinner was the highlight of the day. We had 6pm reservations at Murano. I started with a Wellington-style diver scallop and lamb rack for my entree, with chocolate soufflé for dessert. Again, B had no problems eating gluten-free and particularly enjoyed the lobster, prepared tableside by the excellent Sandra.

Wellington-style diver scallop

25256356668_d8235c8d97_z.jpg

Lamb rack

25256356148_53e01eb033_z.jpg

Chocolate souffle

25256355528_2f7d7fe600_z.jpg

The evening's entertainment was comedian A.J. Jamal. He was OK. He played well to his target audience, which we were not. And time for my usual disclaimer: all entertainment is subjective. Hah!

After the comedian, there was Silent Disco. Had heard about, but never seen it. We stayed for some good people watching!

Nice informative review. We sail on the Equinox in February on a similar Itinerary. Hopefully we’ll visit St Maarten and not St Thomas. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Cheers

Tom

Thanks! I had to hoped to get to St. Maarten too, but sometimes you can't just win against Mother Nature. Hope you have a great cruise!

Thanks for the amazing review. Loved the photos. We are on this same cruise on January 20th. We are also on our honeymoon. Got married in August but decided to wait until it got colder in Canada to cruise. Our first ever cruise so we don’t really know what to expect as we have only done all inclusive. After reading your review and seeing your pictures I am even more excited. We booked 2 days in Miami prior as we have also never been to Florida. Expecting 30cm of snow Christmas Day so I’m am counting down the days!!

Congrats and good for you for escaping the Canadian cold for a honeymoon! :cool: Relax and have a good time! We are pretty much go-with-the-flow people...so as long as there was sun and warm temps, we were happy.

journeycollector thank you so much for the wonderful review of your cruise. We will be boarding on the 17th and she will be our home for 17 days:). We can not wait as it is snowing right now as we are from Wi. as well. This will be our 3rd time on the Equinox and we just Love this ship. Thanks again for such a great review so well done!!!!!!!!!

17 days...sounds like heaven! :halo:

We loved the Equinox. We don't have much to compare her to, but she's a classy lady!

Can you explain what the silent disco is? Thanks! Sailing on her on 3/3/18 and I am loving your review and pictures!

Ahhh...silent disco. Everyone has headphones on and are dancing away to the music that only they hear. It gives the appearance of people dancing to no music! Fun to people-watch, even better to participate!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_disco

Fantastic photos and review. I am traveling on the equinox next weekend and your photos really were fantastic! Hope to sail together with you guys someday. Celebrity does offer fairly port intensive cruises out of San Juan. : )

Walter

As I woke up to -6F degrees this morning, I ***might*** have glanced at the Celebrity San Juan sailings for Dec 18/Jan 19. ;)

Thank you so much for your wonderfully informative and entertaining review,! We are sailing on the equinox on January 20, same itinerary! I think you answered every question I had! We are Canadians and are leaving snow as well! Super excited having seen your beautiful pictures and Review!!! Thanks again!

Thank you so much for your wonderfully informative and entertaining review,! We are sailing on the equinox on January 20, same itinerary! I think you answered every question I had! We are Canadians and are leaving snow as well! Super excited having seen your beautiful pictures and Review!!! Thanks again!

21 more days 🥂

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the review and pictures. You would probably enjoy a western Caribbean itinerary. Most do 4 ports in 7 night. I found the southern Caribbean to be too many ports (5 in 7 nights) but I do have the urge to go back and do another. The scenery there is just so much more lush compared to the western Caribbean.

Thank you...wow this Arctic blast we've been having makes me want to do another cruise...NOW! ;)

Thanks for the review and pictures. You would probably enjoy a western Caribbean itinerary. Most do 4 ports in 7 night. I found the southern Caribbean to be too many ports (5 in 7 nights) but I do have the urge to go back and do another. The scenery there is just so much more lush compared to the western Caribbean.

Thanks for the tip! Definitely next Caribbean cruise we will make sure it's 4 ports if leaving from FL. Maybe after we've seen many of the islands then sea days will appeal to us more. But for now...ports!

Thank you so much for sharing your vacation and amazing photos with us! We will be on the Equinox in February with our son and his husband and now I'm even more excited! FYI - you may want to put the Panama Canal on your list of cruises to take!

Panama Canal is a long-term cruise goal for me! :D Best wishes for a great cruise on the Equinox!

• 2 weeks later...