Late Debarkation

GJCruiser

I see on the Celebrity website that you can stay on board up until 90 minutes prior to the ship sailing on its next cruise? We have a late flight and this sounds interesting. I realize you would have to exit your cabin but the website stated you could eat lunch in the Oceanview Cafe, use the pool area, and select lounges.

Has anyone done that? Is there a cost?

I see on the Celebrity website that you can stay on board up until 90 minutes prior to the ship sailing on its next cruise? We have a late flight and this sounds interesting. I realize you would have to exit your cabin but the website stated you could eat lunch in the Oceanview Cafe, use the pool area, and select lounges.

Has anyone done that? Is there a cost?

We have no experience with the Extend Your Stay program. I did a CC search and found this.

It is $59/pax. (on all Europe sailings excluding Transatlantic cruises ending in a U.S. port)

From Celebrity:

Extend Your Stay

This optional program allows you to extend your cruise vacation, remain onboard and enjoy some of the ship services until 90 minutes prior to the ship's next departure. Complimentary breakfast and lunch in Bistro on Five, non-alcoholic drinks from Café al Bacio, first-run movies, access to the pool, fitness centre and select spa services plus lockers in the spa changing room. You'll even have an extra hour in your stateroom. Enroll at the Guest Relations Desk onboard. $59 per adult, $29.50 for children ages 3-12, free for children under 3. Credit cards accepted all day for bar and spa purchases. Available on all European sailings.

Thank you for the reply. I found this under the description of Concierge Class - which we will be in:

Extend Your Stay

Extend your cruise vacation. Remain onboard and enjoy some ship services up to 90 minutes prior to the ship's next departure. Enjoy breakfast and lunch in the Oceanview Café, access to the pool, fitness center and select public lounges. Opt for private or group transportation to the airport for an additional fee. We're here to help you squeeze every last second out of your vacation.

Thank you for the reply. I found this under the description of Concierge Class - which we will be in:

Extend Your Stay

Extend your cruise vacation. Remain onboard and enjoy some ship services up to 90 minutes prior to the ship's next departure. Enjoy breakfast and lunch in the Oceanview Café, access to the pool, fitness center and select public lounges. Opt for private or group transportation to the airport for an additional fee. We're here to help you squeeze every last second out of your vacation.

Are you sure that's from the current website? When I look, the only related item is the pre-disembarkation lounge available to Concierge Call passengers. A lot of what you'll find through a Google search is quite dated, as it refers to being able to dine in Bistro on Five.

Australia

Not sure about Australia but we did it in Abu Dhabi last month. It cost $39 USD per person. It worked out well. Anything you buy like drinks will be charged to your credit card on file. We had to be off the ship by 3pm so we left at 245pm.

We done this on Eclipse May 17 in Southampton as we had a late flight. Think it was around $39 each

We had to meet at the Passport Bar at around 8am and we had to give in passports to get temporary ID as your seapass Card is no longer valid. If you want to buy anything you have to use your credit card.

We found we felt we were in the way a bit, until 11am no where was open apart from Al Bacio and Oceanview, some lounges were closed too, we ended up lying by the indoor pool for a few hours.

The pool opened at 11am. We used the changing rooms in the spa area. Everyone was starting to come aboard so the upselling was in full swing!

It was interesting though to walk around the ship between 9-11am when turnaround was happening, only a handful of passengers and the staff didn’t stop cleaning and tidying.

We went to the Oceanview Cafe for lunch before we left. Retrieved our passports from security at the exit and handed in our temporary visitor passes. Our cases were waiting for us down in the hall. Think we left about 3pm.

If you want to use phone charger or hair straighteners etc we found no plugs in the changing rooms. Guest Relations charged my phone for me before we left. All the sockets around the corridors are EU so make sure you have a European adaptor if you want to charge anything.

Would we do it again? - only if we ‘had’ to, would prefer an earlier flight.

Hope this helps:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums