Iced tea?

Yukonjake

Newbie, heading to Alaska in 2 months on Emerald Princess.

I don't drink much soda and no coffee. I drink a lot of unsweetened iced tea. I have read here that it's not that good, made with syrup. I'm really picky about my iced tea.

So,simple question, is there anyplace on board where I can get good, brewed iced tea? I do have a coffee card.

Thanks in advance.

I brought a 20 ounce insulated cup. I would fill it with ice from the ice machines while I was brewing a cup of tea made extra strong. I'd pour the tea over the ice and was good to go.

On an earlier cruise, I brought a large styrofoam cup and made tea in that...kept it in my refrigerator and would pour over a cup of ice.

Your coffee card will get you a couple varieties of "fruit infused" ice tea (like Starbucks) for a punch. THey will also make ice tea for your by pouring regular brewed tea over ice.

I brought a 20 ounce insulated cup. I would fill it with ice from the ice machines while I was brewing a cup of tea made extra strong. I'd pour the tea over the ice and was good to go.

On an earlier cruise' date=' I brought a large styrofoam cup and made tea in that...kept it in my refrigerator and would pour over a cup of ice.

Your coffee card will get you a couple varieties of "fruit infused" ice tea (like Starbucks) for a punch. THey will also make ice tea for your by pouring regular brewed tea over ice.[/quote']

That's what I needed to know. Thank you.

As MM indicates in the above post, you can easily make your own ice tea.

There are beverage stations in the buffet areas. At these stations, there is a selection of tea bags. Help yourself. There is also a hot water dispenser. Help yourself and put your selected tea bag in it to steep. There is also an ice dispenser. Again, help yourself. Pour your brewed tea over ice and you're good. Oh, and there are, usually, slices of lemon at these stations. If you are so inclined, help yourself.

:)

Use your coffee card to have them brew whichever tea you prefer at the IC and then ask it to poured over ice. Not a problem.

In addition to the "fruit infused" tea mentioned above, they have the standards, like Earl Gray and a couple of others at the IC.

And since, you have a coffee card, try some of the teas that cost a punch (you'll have 15). One that's really good is the Black Forest. Oooh!! Chocolate, cherry, tea blended with ice. Delicious!

In the morning I often get a large cup of the Mightly Leaf tea from the coffee bar. I put it in the cabin refrigerator, and it's cold by lunchtime.

Other times I do the same thing others have mentioned. I make a cup of tea from HC using 2 tea bags because I like strong iced tea. Once it's steeped I pour it over a large glass of ice. The iced tea onboard is pretty bad if you're a real tea drinker.

I am like the other true tea totallers.

I can spot fountain iced tea a mile away.

I order breakfast room service. I ask for hot tea. I make the tea ther and place it in the frig. Lovely to enjoy my tea on the balcony and relax.

I have a large insulated cup that I fill with ice from the buffet.

I still have a coffee card with several punches left.

Enjoy

Frequent traveler (weekly business trips) and iced tea drinker here.

My recommendation is to order Twinings cold brew tea bags. They come in several flavors and quickly turn room temperature water (I use 1 bag in a water bottle) into iced tea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As MM indicates in the above post, you can easily make your own ice tea.

There are beverage stations in the buffet areas. At these stations, there is a selection of tea bags. Help yourself. There is also a hot water dispenser. Help yourself and put your selected tea bag in it to steep. There is also an ice dispenser. Again, help yourself. Pour your brewed tea over ice and you're good. Oh, and there are, usually, slices of lemon at these stations. If you are so inclined, help yourself.

:)

Thanks so very much! I didn't know how to make tea! ;)Or how to ice it.

Unless your fond of a certain tea . I prefer the one supplied on board. Most brewed teas give bad heartburn. The ice tea doesn't.

The only place I've ever had heartburn from brewed tea was Russia; that stuff was STRONG!

Here's a photo of the self serve drink station at the Horizon Court Buffet on the Ruby Princess, which is a sister ship of the Emerald. All the way to the right is the ice and cold water dispenser. Just to the left of that is a box with a selection of tea bags. To the left of that a tap for hot water, along with one for the ready made iced tea if you want to try it to see if you like it. Personally I enjoy the ship's iced tea from the tap. But I know a lot of people don't care for it.

28211293784_d352fd6778_b.jpg

I was on the April 27th Emerald to Alaska round-trip. The ice tea was unsweetened and pretty good, not anything special. Plenty of choices to brew your selection hot and transfer. It was mostly cold on our trip so hot tea, English Breakfast, was my beverage of choice. For Afternoon tea they offer Lipton but I asked for English Breakfast and they would bring a pot. Others around me were enjoying other blends.

I like ice tea in my cabin. I take an empty water bottle, fill it with water and stuff in tea bags. I bring a canvas 6-pack cooler with me and ask the steward to fill it with ice every morning. That provides me with ice all day. If my bottle will fit in it, then I put that in the cooler, too. Otherwise, the "shade" (i.e. mini-fridge). I keep the bag in the shower because it will "sweat" plus it "reminds" the steward to fill it.

At home, I make my ice cubes out of tea so it won't dilute it. When the tray gets stained, just put dishwashing powder in it and fill it with hot water. It will be clean in minutes.

Newbie, heading to Alaska in 2 months on Emerald Princess.

I don't drink much soda and no coffee. I drink a lot of unsweetened iced tea. I have read here that it's not that good, made with syrup. I'm really picky about my iced tea.

So,simple question, is there anyplace on board where I can get good, brewed iced tea? I do have a coffee card.

Thanks in advance.

If you don't mind instant tea you can take that. That's what I did.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Forums mobile app

Frequent traveler (weekly business trips) and iced tea drinker here.

My recommendation is to order Twinings cold brew tea bags. They come in several flavors and quickly turn room temperature water (I use 1 bag in a water bottle) into iced tea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is there a product like this to make iced coffee?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I am something of a tea snob on dry land, but suffer with the tea dispenser tea in the ship. Why? Because it's easy, and because I'm on vacation. Fact is, after a few glasses of the stuff I find it at least tolerable (never great, but at least drinkable). You may decide the tea is not a complete abomination. Try it first, with the understanding that there are always the options others have mentioned if you find it undrinkable. For me, the provided tea is not the worst I've ever had.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app