Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:36 PM.
Brisbane
200 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Have seen a rumour running around social media of Princess's intention to remove P&O Aust trips from the captain's circle awards, or at least stop them counting in future. Anyone else with any hard facts, info or just more rumours.
I can't see them retrospectively taking away the points.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
https://occasionalcruiser.blogspot.com.au/
2017 Sea Princess: GBR & Sydney, Australia
2016 Pacific Dawn: Food and wine cruise
2015 Diamond Princess: Tasmania, Australia
2015 Pacific Aria: Vanuatu
2014 Pacific Dawn: PNG
2012 Sun Princess: New Zealand
2011 Pacific Dawn: Fiji
2010 Pacific Dawn:New Caledonia
Blue Mountains
677 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Thought I would share, rather than see Debbie Power Forsyth's post be spammed with concern or any negativity.
Princess have responded.

"Princess Cruises - Hi, We've checked with our Captain's Circle department and can confirm that there are no changes planned that would reduce a guest's loyalty level or remove past sailings from your history. We apologize if the information given to you on your recent cruise was confusing. We very much value our loyal, repeat cruisers!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QE - Syd-Kobe Feb 2017

Sea Princess Bris-Syd Jan 2017
Pacific Eden - Papua & New Guinea and Solomon Islands Oct 2016
Celebrity Solstice - Ultimate Alaska Sept 2015
Voyager of the Seas - Sydney to NZ Feb 2015
Carnival Spirit - South Pacific and Fiji - Nov 2014
Radiance of the Seas - Honolulu to Sydney - Sept 2012
Rhapsody of the Seas -South Pacific - Nov 2011
Batehaven, Australia
10,444 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
P&O UK cruise days are also listed on your Princess Captains Circle a/c. The company at one time was P&O - Princess, hence the links re cruise days.

We have done 6 with P&O UK and 18 with Princess, makes 460 days on our Capts Circle a/c. Some long cruises in there, a 49 dayer, a few 30 dayers. If your gonna go on a cruise do a big one. Especially if you live in 'Retiresville.' And more importantly if you want to SKI (Spend Kids Inheritance.) Don't most of us like doing that? lol.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 460 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Next: (We were booked on Adonia x 2, but they sold the ship on us.)
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
Wauchope NSW
4,654 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by jn2003
Have seen a rumour running around social media of Princess's intention to remove P&O Aust trips from the captain's circle awards, or at least stop them counting in future. Anyone else with any hard facts, info or just more rumours.
I am aware that Princess are not counting P&O days towards the Most Travelled Passsenger count for the events onboard, so the top 3 would have Princess days not P&OUK/AUS, I think that is fair, but as far as I have read there is no change to Captain Circle benefits.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Northern Star x 1
Fairstar x 2
Pacific Sky x 1
Pacific Sun x 4
Pacific Dawn x 3
Fair Princess x 1
Dawn Princess x 4
Diamond Princess x 3
Sapphire Princess x 2
Emerald Princess x 1
Arcadia x 1
Queen Mary 2 x 1
Solstice x 1
Radiance of the Seas x 1
Voyager of the Seas x 1
Explorer of the Seas x 1
Rhapsody of the Seas x 1
Carmival Spirit x 1
Queensland
6,953 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Originally posted by cheznandy
I am aware that Princess are not counting P&O days towards the Most Travelled Passsenger count for the events onboard, so the top 3 would have Princess days not P&OUK/AUS, I think that is fair, but as far as I have read there is no change to Captain Circle benefits.
Agreed. That has been happening for at least a year, but this change could be what has prompted the misunderstanding and the comment that the P&O 'days' are going to be removed entirely.
Batehaven, Australia
10,444 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Hi, Chez...Is that a recent change in policy, not counting P&O UK days re MTG events? We have got an invite to the Most Travelled lunch a couple of times on the basis of our combined Princess/P&O UK days on Capts Circle a/c. If it is Princess days only, that is unfair as it favours the North Americans, again !!!! The Aussies and Brits are dudded, again !!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..

Batehaven, Australia
10,444 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Aus Traveller
Agreed. That has been happening for at least a year, but this change could be what has prompted the misunderstanding and the comment that the P&O 'days' are going to be removed entirely.
Not right, favouring the North Americans again.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Wauchope NSW
4,654 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by Aus Traveller
Yes, I thjink this is where the rumours are coming from.

Originally posted by NSWP
Not right, favouring the North Americans again.
Nothing to do with where you live, it's who you cruise with, Princess are acknowledging those that are loyal to Princess.
Can you imagine doing your first Princess cruise and being the most travelled passenger because you have cruise 500 days with P&O UK, I think it is fair.

It;s not to be confused with Captains Circle Loyalty benefits, at this point none of that has changed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Northern Star x 1
Fairstar x 2
Pacific Sky x 1
Pacific Sun x 4
Pacific Dawn x 3
Fair Princess x 1
Dawn Princess x 4
Diamond Princess x 3
Sapphire Princess x 2
Emerald Princess x 1
Arcadia x 1
Queen Mary 2 x 1
Solstice x 1
Radiance of the Seas x 1
Voyager of the Seas x 1
Explorer of the Seas x 1
Rhapsody of the Seas x 1
Carmival Spirit x 1
Sydney
350 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
The reply from Princess doesn't really answer anything. It says that nothing from past cruises will be changed but doesn't say that future cruises might not be the same.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1975 CTC Shota Rustaveli
1978 Shaw Savill Fedor Shalyapin
1986 CTC Alexander Pushkin
1992 Island Princess
1993 Cunard Crown Monarch
1995 P & O UK Canberra
1996 Crystal Harmony
2002 P & O Pacific Sky
2005 P & O Pacific Sun
2007 Sun Princess
2008 Rhapsody of the Seas, Sun Princess, Rhapsody of the Seas
2009 Dawn Princess, P & O Pacific Jewel
2010 Sun Princess, P & O Pacific Sun, HAL Volendam
2011 P & O Pacific Jewel, Radiance of the Seas, HAL Volendam
2012 Dawn Princess, Carnival Spirit, Voyager of the Seas, Celebrity Solstice, HAL Oosterdam
2013 HAL Oosterdam, Sun Princess, HAL Oosterdam
2014 Celebrity Solstice, Cunard QM2, P & O Pacific Pearl, Carnival Legend, Carnival Spirit, HAL Oosterdam
2015 Diamond Princess, Carnival Spirit, P & O Pacific Eden
2016 Explorer of the Seas, P & O UK Aurora, P & O Pacific Aria, Carnival Spirit, Sun Princess, Emerald Princess
2017 Crystal Symphony, Cunard QV, Sun Princess, Pacific Explorer, Carnival Spirit, Sea Princess, Celebrity Solstice, P & O Pacific Eden in Nov
2018 P & O UK Arcadia in Feb, CMV Astor in Dec
3 Star Mariner, Gold Crown & Anchor, Elite Captains Circle, Gold Cunard World Club, Gold VIFP Carnival
Wauchope NSW
4,654 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by Gerko
The reply from Princess doesn't really answer anything. It says that nothing from past cruises will be changed but doesn't say that future cruises might not be the same.
Thats right, if they do change it they may do it for new Princess cruisers, not those that already have loyalty.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Northern Star x 1
Fairstar x 2
Pacific Sky x 1
Pacific Sun x 4
Pacific Dawn x 3
Fair Princess x 1
Dawn Princess x 4
Diamond Princess x 3
Sapphire Princess x 2
Emerald Princess x 1
Arcadia x 1
Queen Mary 2 x 1
Solstice x 1
Radiance of the Seas x 1
Voyager of the Seas x 1
Explorer of the Seas x 1
Rhapsody of the Seas x 1
Carmival Spirit x 1
Canberra Australia
39,404 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by jn2003
I suspect it is just rumour at this stage, I would think they would just say any cruise booked from now ( a certain date) on will not count.
Canberra Australia
39,404 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by cruisine21
Thought I would share, rather than see Debbie Power Forsyth's post be spammed with concern or any negativity.
Princess have responded.

"Princess Cruises - Hi, We've checked with our Captain's Circle department and can confirm that there are no changes planned that would reduce a guest's loyalty level or remove past sailings from your history. We apologize if the information given to you on your recent cruise was confusing. We very much value our loyal, repeat cruisers!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the clarification.
Canberra Australia
39,404 Posts
Joined Apr 2012

Nothing to do with where you live, it's who you cruise with, Princess are acknowledging those that are loyal to Princess.
Can you imagine doing your first Princess cruise and being the most travelled passenger because you have cruise 500 days with P&O UK, I think it is fair.

It;s not to be confused with Captains Circle Loyalty benefits, at this point none of that has changed.
I agree, the loyalty club points and most cruised with Princess are two different things and should remain so.
Batehaven, Australia
10,444 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Thats right, if they do change it they may do it for new Princess cruisers, not those that already have loyalty.
I have researched Captains Circle today, nothing changed thus far, not in print anyway. But the Captains Circle Hosts on the ships might be doing their own interpretation.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Canberra Australia
39,404 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
I have researched Captains Circle today, nothing changed thus far, not in print anyway. But the Captains Circle Hosts on the ships might be doing their own interpretation.
That wouldn't be the first time.
Batehaven, Australia
10,444 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by MicCanberra
That wouldn't be the first time.
Yes, they could organise for anyone to attend the MTG lunch, after all, who would know?

Anyway storm alert, massive thunderstorms coming over the mountain from over Mic's way. Better bring the Labrador in, scared of thunder. Not really my Lab, it is the Grand Dog, looking after it for a week or so.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Canberra Australia
39,404 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Yes, they could organise for anyone to attend the MTG lunch, after all, who would know?

Anyway storm alert, massive thunderstorms coming over the mountain from over Mic's way. Better bring the Labrador in, scared of thunder. Not really my Lab, it is the Grand Dog, looking after it for a week or so.
It certainly put on a light show, bit of hail as well.
The Stateroom Under The Stairs
417 Posts
Joined Sep 2016

the voice of reason and common sense speaks again
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
If you want me I shall be in my stateroom, or the bar, or the pool, or the pool with the bar, or the stateroom with bar and pool in it but definitely somewhere on board a ship!

Previously:

Castel Felice - Sitmar Line 1969
TSS Fairstar - The Fun Ship - 1985
Sea Princess - 2013
Dawn Princess - 2015

Wauchope NSW
4,654 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by Dobby_The_Ship_Elf
the voice of reason and common sense speaks again
You stalking me Fairness and justice for all
Expand Signature