Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:15 AM.
Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia
547 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Sun Princess - 3 sailings from early March 2019 have been cancelled according to post on Princess page.
The 3 sailings listed on an Australian online site are no longer available. They are the 2019 - 5th & 19th of March & 1st April sailings.
Ship is supposed to be repositioning to Asia - Hong Kong. Could it be a charter or sale to China?
Wauchope NSW
4,658 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by SeaDog-46
Sun Princess - 3 sailings from early March 2019 have been cancelled according to post on Princess page.
The 3 sailings listed on an Australian online site are no longer available. They are the 2019 - 5th & 19th of March & 1st April sailings.
Ship is supposed to be repositioning to Asia - Hong Kong. Could it be a charter or sale to China?
Hi John

I posted a while back that while on the Golden staff had mentioned that the Sun had been sold, wasnt sure if it was a rumour or not!
Also noted multiple bookings for Majestic from September 2019 at OPT, too many to be just Majestic, I know they have announced Ruby coming but that wasnt until 2020 when Golden goes to P&O.
Something must be happening, some bookings in Darwin for Golden and Ruby too in April 2020, dry dock maybe and P&Oised for Golden???
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Northern Star x 1
Fairstar x 2
Pacific Sky x 1
Pacific Sun x 4
Pacific Dawn x 3
Fair Princess x 1
Dawn Princess x 4
Diamond Princess x 3
Sapphire Princess x 2
Emerald Princess x 1
Arcadia x 1
Queen Mary 2 x 1
Solstice x 1
Radiance of the Seas x 1
Voyager of the Seas x 1
Explorer of the Seas x 1
Rhapsody of the Seas x 1
Carmival Spirit x 1
Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia
547 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Hi Cheryl

Did not see your post re Sun Princess, but it does look like a sale to China.
Sapphire's charter ends in a few days & the Majestic's charter no longer seems to be what the Chinese want or maybe now need. Or it could be a Chinese operator wanting to start a cruise fleet.
John
Canberra Australia
39,520 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
It appears that the powers that are will let us know when they are good and ready and in the mean time people won't know if their cruise is cancelled, or not and if they can move to another ship or not.
Australia
1,312 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
The Sun princess has been for sale for a while. The buyer is getting her in excellent condition which is a win win all round. Princess get top dollar to spend on those new ships she has on order
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

cootamundra nsw
6,835 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by wishfulone
The Sun princess has been for sale for a while. The buyer is getting her in excellent condition which is a win win all round. Princess get top dollar to spend on those new ships she has on order
how do you know its sold, can you provide a link
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sydney, Australia
14,047 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Yeah, a bit early to say she's sold.

Voyager and Ovation just had sailings at a similar time cancelled - and not because they've been sold.
cootamundra nsw
6,835 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by MicCanberra
Relocations for that have been announced, as for the Sun, who knows which just provides more scope for speculation.
if the Sun was sold it'd be all over facebook but nothing so i think someones starting a rumour
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Canberra Australia
39,520 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by rkmw
if the Sun was sold it'd be all over facebook but nothing so i think someones starting a rumour
Rather than being sold, it may be transferred to another cruise line in the Carnival corporation's stable of cruise lines.
Batehaven, Australia
10,485 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Rather than being sold, it may be transferred to another cruise line in the Carnival corporation's stable of cruise lines.
Cunard, lol. Off with the t shirts, board shorts and thongs in the MDR and on with the Tuxedo and ball gown.

No stubbies of VB in the prescribed cooler or middies of Chateau Cardboard Chardy, just the odd G&T and a glass of Bollinger Champers.

'Queen Sun,' I like it, not sure the Cunarders will.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 460 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Next: (We were booked on Adonia x 2, but they sold the ship on us.)
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
Canberra Australia
39,520 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by NSWP
Cunard, lol. Off with the t shirts, board shorts and thongs in the MDR and on with the Tuxedo and ball gown.

No stubbies of VB in the prescribed cooler or middies of Chateau Cardboard Chardy, just the odd G&T and a glass of Bollinger Champers.

'Queen Sun,' I like it, not sure the Cunarders will.
I think they (Cunarders) will be safe, More likely to be the Pacific Sun.
Batehaven, Australia
10,485 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
I think they (Cunarders) will be safe, More likely to be the Pacific Sun.
Pacific Sun 2. Just like QM2.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 460 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Next: (We were booked on Adonia x 2, but they sold the ship on us.)
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
Saskatchewan
247 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
I am booked on Feb 23, 2019 10 night Queensland coast cruise and it appears this may be the Sun Princess's last one Down Under! Upon checking various websites, this sailing is still open for bookings.
Brisbane, Australia
31 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Sorry if this comes out in duplicate. Thought I just posted, but will do this anyway.
Received an email recently from Princess Cruises, advising more sailings for Sun Princess in 2018 in October and November. All from Freemantle, W.A.
Wauchope NSW
4,658 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by SeaDog-46
John, just saw on an OZ cruise website cruises for the Sun to Hong Kong in March 2019, would be the reason for the other cancellations.
Also some cruises are up for the Sea Princess 2019, it is doing 35 night Hawaii in April then Wolrd cruise then another 35 night Hawaii in August.
So if the Sun goes in March and the Sea Princess is away between April and September, Princess have no offerings for Australia in that time
Interesting to see if the Sun comes back
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Northern Star x 1
Fairstar x 2
Pacific Sky x 1
Pacific Sun x 4
Pacific Dawn x 3
Fair Princess x 1
Dawn Princess x 4
Diamond Princess x 3
Sapphire Princess x 2
Emerald Princess x 1
Arcadia x 1
Queen Mary 2 x 1
Solstice x 1
Radiance of the Seas x 1
Voyager of the Seas x 1
Explorer of the Seas x 1
Rhapsody of the Seas x 1
Carmival Spirit x 1
cootamundra nsw
6,835 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by cheznandy
John, just saw on an OZ cruise website cruises for the Sun to Hong Kong in March 2019, would be the reason for the other cancellations.
Also some cruises are up for the Sea Princess 2019, it is doing 35 night Hawaii in April then Wolrd cruise then another 35 night Hawaii in August.
So if the Sun goes in March and the Sea Princess is away between April and September, Princess have no offerings for Australia in that time
Chez the Sun Princess is on the princess site and it looks ok with a starting price of $2199 pp with some good ports

i've got the Majestic booked and i scored a E1 balcony on the Explorer of the Seas to Singapore both in march 2019 for a very good price and much cheaper than any princess cruise but i have plenty of time to make up my mind

the itinerary on the Sun Princess is better than the Explorer of the Seas
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sydney, Australia
7,764 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by cheznandy
That's two years in a row that there has been a big gap in Aussie sailings in our winter. Next year is the same. Not even any Top End cruises like there have been over the last few years. At least this year they kept Golden in our region after getting rid of Dawn to P&O.

Luckily I'm all booked up until the end of 2019 or I would be seriously sulking! I just booked the August Hawaii cruise the other day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

and Sea Princess Hawaii, Tahiti and South Pacific cruise in August 2019

Sep 2017 - Royal Princess - Mediterranean
Feb 2017 - Celebrity Solstice - Auckland to Sydney
Nov 2016 - Carnival Legend - South Pacific
Sep 2016 - Sun Princess - Papua New Guinea
Apr 2016 - Golden Princess - Sydney to Hong Kong
Dec 2015 - Celebrity Solstice - Auckland to Sydney
Aug 2015 - Dawn Princess - Top End Fremantle to Sydney
Mar 2015 - Rhapsody of the Seas - South Pacific
Dec 2014 - Sun Princess - South Pacific
Sep 2008 - Avalon Tapestry - Rhine Cruise
Wauchope NSW
4,658 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by rkmw
Chez the Sun Princess is on the princess site and it looks ok with a starting price of $2199 pp with some good ports

i've got the Majestic booked and i scored a E1 balcony on the Explorer of the Seas to Singapore both in march 2019 for a very good price and much cheaper than any princess cruise but i have plenty of time to make up my mind

the itinerary on the Sun Princess is better than the Explorer of the Seas
Bob, we have tentatively booked the Explorer back to Singapore with our cancelled April Explorer cruise, just waiting for the online TA to come to the party with my reduced deposit
I actually like the Explorer itinerary better as it ends in Singapore and less leave days for us. We got an inside for $1500 for 15 nights, not bad!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Northern Star x 1
Fairstar x 2
Pacific Sky x 1
Pacific Sun x 4
Pacific Dawn x 3
Fair Princess x 1
Dawn Princess x 4
Diamond Princess x 3
Sapphire Princess x 2
Emerald Princess x 1