How early to embark at Port Everglades?

We are flying into MIA from LAX, landing around 7:30am. Considering time it takes to get backs and transport up to PE, what is the earliest we can start to check in? I’d rather get there early and sit at the port, as opposed to making an unnecessary stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They clear the disembarking passengers first, so you can probably assume that 10:30-ish is about right. You can begin the check-in process and will be able to board around 11 for the first priority groups and then shortly thereafter for everyone else. I think your timing will be about right; collecting bags and shuttling to Fort Lauderdale will take some time.

We are flying into MIA from LAX, landing around 7:30am. Considering time it takes to get backs and transport up to PE, what is the earliest we can start to check in? I’d rather get there early and sit at the port, as opposed to making an unnecessary stop.

I'd find a place for breakfast at the airport and then head to Port Everglades. By the time you get bags, finish breakfast, and transfer to the port, you should be able to get into the terminal and check-in.

We’ve arrived at 10:30 to check in and there are always lots of people who have checked in ahead of us. I would say that you could check in as early as 10:00, maybe earlier but then you will have to wait for boarding that will start around 11:00.

Agree with a Bob, find someplace at the airport to have breakfast and kill some time, then head to the port.