Bonaire Golf Cart Rental, Great Way To Sightsee Excursion!

cruiseguys2009

There is a great self guided five star TripAdvisor rated excursion in Bonaire via Golf Carts. The two person golf cart is picked up right at the port, about a minute away, complete with a guided map to go either north or south. The journey is fabulous and we have done this several times and highly recommend it. It's only $95 for the cart for the day, with a $100 deposit. You pay when you pick up the cart, not before. Reservations are required and many times we have been disappointed because they sell out months in advance.

My favorite is the southern tour of Bonaire because of the beaches, flamingo sanctuary, the abandoned hotel with the famous "Wings" graffiti we took pictures in front of and the three restaurants and bars we came upon. There are food trucks along the way to sample local cuisine and the best part is, these "Locals" who own the food trucks are from the USA, France, Belgium, New Zealand, everywhere. This Country and island is so eco-environment conscious it is refreshing. We highly recommend the golf cart self guided excursion on Bonaire.

We booked this time way back in January for our upcoming Celebrity Equinox cruise in a couple of weeks, when we were on another cruise. We were in Bonaire and on that sailing, so many folks knew about the golf carts that they were sold out, me and my big mouth a couple of years ago when I first reviewed them! This is one of the most popular, "In the Know" ways to enjoy Bonaire. For information you can contact info@bonairecruisers.com. Debbie will take good care of you and tell her that you heard about it on Cruise Critic.

Here are some videos, actually this is your video guide to drive around the island as the carts all have cell phone charging stations. You are given a map too, but this is more fun.

South Bonaire Golf Cart Tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5-5a4YVSGY&feature=youtu.be

North Bonaire Golf Cart Tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akNLPd8gtKI

Edited by cruiseguys2009

Bonaire or Belize?

Bonaire, thanks for catching that just corrected it. In Belize we did the Chocchoben Myan Ruins thru Celebrity and it was one of the best informative excursions we have ever done. I was talking about Chacchoben with a friend at the same time I was writing my review of the Bonaire Golf Carts. And to think, I have not had a martini yet!

Thanks for the positive feed back

We booked this for our February 2019 stop there and have never done it Really looking forward to it

Thank you. It is really so awesome and now with so many Celebrity Ships doing the ABC islands, this is one excursion we thoroughly enjoyed and truly recommend. And don't forget snorkeling equipment! Amazing shallow waters along the way. Plus, no real traffic worries, which was my concern. The island as such, is a small, close knit community, that everyone watches out for the golf carts. No chance of getting lost either as all roads lead to the port! Enjoy! Know that you are lucky as they sell out months in advance.

We are in Bonaire for first time from 7 - 3 pm on Dec 18 on Reflection. Right now we have woodwind snorkeling reserved. Do you think the golf carts is a better excursion for 1st time to the island? I might stay with woodwind for this trip since they have gotten wonderful reviews and do the golf cart the next time.

We are in Bonaire for first time from 7 - 3 pm on Dec 18 on Reflection. Right now we have woodwind snorkeling reserved. Do you think the golf carts is a better excursion for 1st time to the island? I might stay with woodwind for this trip since they have gotten wonderful reviews and do the golf cart the next time.

6 of one and half a dozen of the other. With Woodwind, which is awesome by the way, a person is not seeing the country/island, just the water and about an hours worth of shopping before getting back on the ship. With the Golf carts we get to immerse ourselves in the country, stopping along the way on special beaches to snorkel or sun bathe, see the salt mountains, the flamingo sanctuary and then enjoy a local lunch at a food truck or three, then libations ocean front in beachie shacks reminiscent of real Tiki huts. Before cancelling anything, check with the golf cart company because chances are, the golf carts are already sold out for your sailing.

We did this last November while on Equinox. Heard about it on our m&m board. Tried to book months ahead but they were sold out. Fortunately they received a new shipment of carts just ahead of our sailing. Cart can actually hold 3 (one sits rear-facing in back). DW and two friends loved it. Allowed them to see entire island at their own pace. Pick-up and drop-off were right at pier. Definitely :D:D:D:D:D

6 of one and half a dozen of the other. With Woodwind, which is awesome by the way, a person is not seeing the country/island, just the water and about an hours worth of shopping before getting back on the ship. With the Golf carts we get to immerse ourselves in the country, stopping along the way on special beaches to snorkel or sun bathe, see the salt mountains, the flamingo sanctuary and then enjoy a local lunch at a food truck or three, then libations ocean front in beachie shacks reminiscent of real Tiki huts. Before cancelling anything, check with the golf cart company because chances are, the golf carts are already sold out for your sailing.

They do have availability. I have to really think about this because I have heard great reviews about Woodwind & the Golf Carts. I am trying to mix it up between snorkeling and land excursions. I will decide this weekend. They both sound wonderful and I'm sure I will be back someday for the other excursion. It's too bad we are only in port from 7 - 3.

We have done Woodwinds several times - it is always excellent. Last April we rented a golf cart - it was incredibly fun. We toured the southern end - did some snorkeling near the pier. Next time we are going to rent a golf cart again and do the northern end.

They do have availability. I have to really think about this because I have heard great reviews about Woodwind & the Golf Carts. I am trying to mix it up between snorkeling and land excursions. I will decide this weekend. They both sound wonderful and I'm sure I will be back someday for the other excursion. It's too bad we are only in port from 7 - 3.

Also forgot to mention we do not own snorkeling gear. I'll need to check into how expensive this is to buy.

We just did the golf carts yesterday. They were amazing. We did both the north and south tour and enjoyed the north tour much better. The flamingos were great and they are much closer on the north tour. Someone mentioned that a third person can sit in the back. This is not true. They are only for 2 people. The only thing in the back is a little basket to store your things. A person can’t sit there. We did the woodwinds tour last year and loved that as well. One thing you can do is the golf carts in the morning (but only one tour) and the Woodwind tour in the afternoon. That would be very doable to do both.

We just did the golf carts yesterday. They were amazing. We did both the north and south tour and enjoyed the north tour much better. The flamingos were great and they are much closer on the north tour. Someone mentioned that a third person can sit in the back. This is not true. They are only for 2 people. The only thing in the back is a little basket to store your things. A person can’t sit there. We did the woodwinds tour last year and loved that as well. One thing you can do is the golf carts in the morning (but only one tour) and the Woodwind tour in the afternoon. That would be very doable to do both.

Thank you for letting us know about the third person. I checked with the cart company and they did have 4 person golf carts but no longer. They took them out of service recently, only 2 person carts now. What a great idea to do both, however, in the case of taylortime05, 7AM arrival and 3PM departure cuts it close, could be busy busy busy! Our arrival on November 1st is 7AM to 4PM, but we still have to be back on the ship by 3PM.

Did you find the north tour longer? What did you feel in your opinion made it better? I am curious to compare notes.

Keep in mind, it is very hot out there. So if you cannot do heat here's an alternative.

We did a similar tour through Celeb excursions on a small size bus. Air conditioning ! It too was excellent!

Going back to ABC next yr on EDGE...can't wait.

Also forgot to mention we do not own snorkeling gear. I'll need to check into how expensive this is to buy.

A mask and a snorkel and fins. Walmart carries all of it. I would hesitate to purchase it on amazon because I like to try on a mask for the snug fit around my face before purchasing it.

We are only in port from 7 - 3 so I don't think we'd have time to do both golf carts and snorkeling. Is this enough time to do both south & north tour? Is the cart just as much fun even if we don't have our own snorkeling gear? I might look into how much it costs to get our own.

Keep in mind, it is very hot out there. So if you cannot do heat here's an alternative.

We did a similar tour through Celeb excursions on a small size bus. Air conditioning ! It too was excellent!

Going back to ABC next yr on EDGE...can't wait.

You know, it never occurred to me as we are from South Florida and are used to the heat. Though once we rounded the corner to the east side of the island on the carts, the waves and breeze picked up and it was thrilling. Yes, in November, January and March, the three other times we were in Bonaire in the past three years, it was warm. But, we stopped our golf cart at several beaches and took a dip to cool off, then stopped at the slave huts, and later, loved the bars for libations while we dipped our toes in the ocean drinking our cocktails.

I can definitely understand though if some are susceptible to heat. Thanks for chiming in, nice hearing from you!

We did this last spring while we were on the Reflection. Arrive early at the little tent set up near the port to get directions to the actual cart location-very near and easily walkable. We did both the South and North routes and enjoyed both. The salt fields and abandoned slave huts as well as the beach markers people have erected were amazing. Following the north route you get to see Rincon (where the distillery is located) as well as 1000 steps, and the beautiful views of the island from several vantage points. Be sure to watch the videos of the 2 routes they have on their website. Take along one of the ship’s beach towels to cover the seat as it gets very hot. We plan on doing it again next cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the golf cart yesterday too thanks to the recommendation on our roll call. We did the southern loop and part of north. We stopped so many places we weren’t sure we’d have enough time to do the full island. The golf carts were in great condition and it was super easy to get set up and on our way. Definitely worth it!

really loved woodwind! very professional and easy to talk to.

really loved woodwind! very professional and easy to talk to.

I wish we were in Bonaire for long day. I’d definitely do both excursions. Now that I have made final payment and am 100% committed, I am getting so excited. It’s my first 14 night cruise, first time in Aqua and first time to ABC islands. And to make it even better I don’t have to back to work until January.

We'd love to do both but they have some of the worlds best snorkeling and not really from the beach. Have to take a tour or the ferry boat.

Maybe if we go a few more times, just too hard to pass up the snorkeling in Bonaire.

Touring in golf carts sound like a lot of fun. We have quite a few people from our roll call signed up for them.

enjoy