Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:27 AM.
64 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by Stentplacer
Planning trip next year....splurging for Oceania Suite. Two suites aft ...diagrams look like deck may be larger. Any advise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Marina.....sorry

PA
63 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
The deck 12 Oceania suites are a bit larger inside with a second full bathroom. The aft suites on 11 only have a second half bath. However, they have a massive wrap around balcony. I would pick the aft all day long for that balcony. I think we sat out there nearly every non-sleeping moment since it is protected from the wind. I know this might envoke some debate as the deck 11 suites are located under the terrace outdoor seating area. We didn't notice the noise but others have commented here that it was noticeable and persistent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
64 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by delee78
The deck 12 Oceania suites are a bit larger inside with a second full bathroom. The aft suites on 11 only have a second half bath. However, they have a massive wrap around balcony. I would pick the aft all day long for that balcony. I think we sat out there nearly every non-sleeping moment since it is protected from the wind. I know this might envoke some debate as the deck 11 suites are located under the terrace outdoor seating area. We didn't notice the noise but others have commented here that it was noticeable and persistent.

Thank You....I think the deck 12 suites are 700 sq ft larger but deck 150 sq ft smaller

Boynton Beach Florida
16 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
We were in a deck 11 O Suite in January. It was among the best suites on any cruise line that we sailed on.

We too read about noise from above but did not experience any.

The wrap around deck was great because it allowed you to sit out of the wind if needed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Seabourn - 131 nights
Regent - 85 nights
Crystal - 51 nights
Oceania - +/- 35 nights
Wind Star - +/-28 Nights
HA & Celebrity - a few and never again ....
South Carolina
164 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
We enjoyed our aft Oceania Suite because of the big balcony. However, we did not like that there was no TV in the dining/living room. There is a "media room" that has the TV. We enjoyed being able to see the TV from the dining table in the Owner's Cabin on Regatta (similar in location and layout to the aft Oceania) and in the Owner's Cabin on both Riviera and Marina. We liked watching the CDs Daily Show, the "Where-are-we" chart, and the bow and stern camera shots while we had our morning coffee at the dining table. Couldn't do it in the aft OS.

Small quibble, I understand, but still.

The one real complaint we have with the aft OS is the second bathroom. The location of the toilet relative to the sink requires some athletic ability for the ladies to use. That was not a problem on Regatta or the O ship Owner's Cabins.

We were not bothered by any Terrace noises -- not to say we didn't hear anything, but nothing that would be disturbing of our comfort.

So, no more aft Oceania Suites for us.

Next on our list is a deck 12 forward Oceania Suite, and then a Vista for a port-intensive cruise, but they can wait. We've got 2 Owner's Cabin cruises booked for late 2019 (Marina), early 2020 (Sirena).
South West MO
7,774 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Originally posted by golfguyhhi
We enjoyed our aft Oceania Suite because of the big balcony. However, we did not like that there was no TV in the dining/living room. There is a "media room" that has the TV. We enjoyed being able to see the TV from the dining table in the Owner's Cabin on Regatta (similar in location and layout to the aft Oceania) and in the Owner's Cabin on both Riviera and Marina. We liked watching the CDs Daily Show, the "Where-are-we" chart, and the bow and stern camera shots while we had our morning coffee at the dining table. Couldn't do it in the aft OS.

Small quibble, I understand, but still.

The one real complaint we have with the aft OS is the second bathroom. The location of the toilet relative to the sink requires some athletic ability for the ladies to use. That was not a problem on Regatta or the O ship Owner's Cabins.

We were not bothered by any Terrace noises -- not to say we didn't hear anything, but nothing that would be disturbing of our comfort.

So, no more aft Oceania Suites for us.

Next on our list is a deck 12 forward Oceania Suite, and then a Vista for a port-intensive cruise, but they can wait. We've got 2 Owner's Cabin cruises booked for late 2019 (Marina), early 2020 (Sirena).
The TV set up is the same in the Oceania suites on deck 12. None in the LR/DR area.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming Up
RCCL Adventure of the Seas; Canada/NE Aug 31, 2018 7 night
Oceania Insignia Montreal-Miami Nov 2, 2018 16 night
Oceania Marina- Amsterdam-Lisbon; Vineyards & Castles Sept 17, 2019 12 Night

Past Cruises
"Enough to Know"
PA
63 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
I just laughed out loud when I saw golfguyhhi's comment about the second bath toilet! It is a unique placement that requires some flexibility for ladies. Unfortunately, it is pretty much the same for the second bath with the shower. It might be even be a bit tighter.

Definitely something to consider about the media room if you like to watch TV while you are relaxing in the LR or eating at the dining table. But that would be the same for the deck 11 or 12 Oceania suites as ORV said.

I know we are giving examples to help make an informed decision, but that suite is just gorgeous!!! You will love it...whether on deck 11 or 12. Have a blast!!!