Cove vs Regular balcony

SFlo

Is $220 worth the difference between a Cove Balcony on Deck 2 compared to a regular balcony on deck 6? I've stayed in a regular balcony before, but never a Cove. Advantages/disadvantages from people who have.

Is $220 worth the difference between a Cove Balcony on Deck 2 compared to a regular balcony on deck 6? I've stayed in a regular balcony before, but never a Cove. Advantages/disadvantages from people who have.

Tough one, depending on how economy-minded you are. We booked a Cove to save about that much on our recent Breeze cruise. The cabin itself was perfectly fine and we didn't mind the privacy and protection from the sun the Cove provided. We did however, absolutely HATE being on Deck 2, which wasn't convenient to anything. Others may say they like it because it's handy when arriving back from shore, so I guess it's a matter of taste. FTR, many Cove cabins are under the galleys on their respective ships - on the Breeze we were pretty far towards the front of the galley and never heard a single peep of noise from above.

the cove is more?? or the regular balcony?

I can remember when the coves were so hard to get they were pricey...when they first came out.

the view is a little different, some prefer it. closer to the water and the way the balcony supports are set up, vs having that rail in the middle of a regular balcony.

i woudnt pay $220 extra for either, whichever balcony is the better deal. but i dont mind walking either.

I would book a cove over a regular balcony any day of the week. I love the privacy and being that close to the water. And when you come back to the ship after a day in port, it’s great being able to just go up a flight of stairs or two rather than having to wait for an elevator.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

the cove is more?? or the regular balcony?

I can remember when the coves were so hard to get they were pricey...when they first came out.

the view is a little different, some prefer it. closer to the water and the way the balcony supports are set up, vs having that rail in the middle of a regular balcony.

i woudnt pay $220 extra for either, whichever balcony is the better deal. but i dont mind walking either.

The regular balcony on Deck 6 is $220 more than the cove on Deck 2. This is on the Dream if that makes a difference to anyone.

Don't like being on deck 2 , much prefer lido deck close to the buffet and pool.