embarkment questions on the Pride

hearts12

I read a lot of bad reviews about the pride in Baltimore. I am traveling with my sister who is platinum, will I get to get on and off the ship with her?

can anyone tell me how it s works with parking and lines in the buildingr

Are there lots of handicap parking spaces?

Laura

I have sailed 4 times and each time their were no handicapped available, but I found spots within

50 feet or so to park.. I always got their early, my guess is the people from the last cruise in the handicapped spots do not do self assist, so that's why the spaces were still taken. Its not a long walk to the terminal and its all flat, so I would not be too concerned about handicapped, you will be able to get a spot not to far away if they are taken. At least that is what I have found.

I have sailed 4 times and each time their were no handicapped available, but I found spots within

50 feet or so to park.. I always got their early, my guess is the people from the last cruise in the handicapped spots do not do self assist, so that's why the spaces were still taken. Its not a long walk to the terminal and its all flat, so I would not be too concerned about handicapped, you will be able to get a spot not to far away if they are taken. At least that is what I have found.

Thank you.

Laura

I will agree with others, I'm not sure who told you Baltimore is difficult, but I've sailed out of there lots of times on RCI Enchantment & Grandeur and it's always been extremely smooth.

My only advice would be to bring warm clothing for disembarkation day even if it's warm on embarkation day - when you disembark and clear customs you will be directed outdoors quickly, in no uncertain terms. If you have to wait for a shuttle or anything you may get cold quick if the weather is cool upon return. There are a few overhead heaters in a few spots outside the terminals, but they crowd up quickly.

I will agree with others, I'm not sure who told you Baltimore is difficult, but I've sailed out of there lots of times on RCI Enchantment & Grandeur and it's always been extremely smooth.

Come back after you sail on the Pride. You may change your opinion.

I found that w/ the Pride's later arrival time, everything is delayed tremendously.

I had a 12:30p arrival time and was directed to the same line that a person in front of me had 2:30p time (aka not enforced!). The line stretched from the front doors of the terminal around the side to the back gate.

Disembarkation...Had an ETA of 11:40a. Called the number around 12:15p Went to deck 2. Had to stand in line for about 40 mins until we reached the gangway. Got to the car at 1:15p.

My several times on RCI out of Baltimore... walked right in the terminal. Minimal wait. Disembarkation was smooth. Maybe 20 mins.

Definitely a Carnival thing then, not a Port of Baltimore thing.

We are hoping for a smooth disembarkation, we will be doing self carry off - 10 hour drive home ahead of us after we get off the ship, so we need to get out of dodge as quick as possible.

Definitely a Carnival thing then, not a Port of Baltimore thing.

We are hoping for a smooth disembarkation, we will be doing self carry off - 10 hour drive home ahead of us after we get off the ship, so we need to get out of dodge as quick as possible.

Oh I will be doing self disembarkation from now on!!!

thanks for the answers. I am not in the room with my sister.

I read a few reviews they couldn't park , told them to ride around for an hour, came back they were told ride around for 3 more hours. a little worried about it

Probably arrived too early. I would wait until noonish.

We have FTTF, what time should we arrive to park at the port?
I'm trying to figure this out also. So far, the best I have determined is that, assuming all goes well, boarding can start around 12:15 (based on a recent review). That means I would want to arrive for check in around 12:00. Therefore I plan on arriving at parking lot at 11:30.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I sailed on the Pride in July 2016. We has FTTF. We arrived at the port at 10:45 and were about 12 cars back in line. We waited in the car until 11:45 when they started letting people in the parking lot. The line was pretty long by that point. We dropped off luggage, paid for parking, parked and were walking in at noon. We didn't board until closer to 12:30-1:00.

I sailed on the Pride in July 2016. We has FTTF. We arrived at the port at 10:45 and were about 12 cars back in line. We waited in the car until 11:45 when they started letting people in the parking lot. The line was pretty long by that point. We dropped off luggage, paid for parking, parked and were walking in at noon. We didn't board until closer to 12:30-1:00.
Thanks for the report.

If you were to go again with FTTF, would you get there at the same time, or 11:30, so you don't have to wait in the car as long, though you wouldn't be in the terminal so early? Am I right that, even being at the back of the line of cars at 11:30, you would still have boarded at the same time?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

We are actually sailing again on the Pride this summer and will not be getting FTTF. It is temping with HMC as a tender port though. We only got FTTF last time because we were traveling with our 5 year old son. We did not want to keep up with him and carry on until rooms were ready.

We have selected the earliest check in line and will plan to get there somewhere around noon. Cars should be allowed in the parking lot by then and the line should less, too. It moves pretty quick with luggage and paying cash (exact change only) for parking. We can manage our carry on this time because we're leaving the kiddo at home! It's easy to find a bar until the rooms open up!