Unbelievable last minute pricing

With the new destinations and many folks opting to change their cruise dates etc. some fantastic low prices are out there on select cruises last minute. Here are a few

Splendor 5/3/09 Any balcony up to and including cat 9A $266 per person all taxes, fees included. Any inside $212 per person OV $232 per person.

Fantasy 5/2/09 7 day cruise: Inside $152 per person OV $165

These are military prices but I think it may be the same for anyone booking these cruises. There are a few more and my friend at carnival thinks there will be MANY more if this ban to Mexico is pushed past 5/4 sailing which in his opinion is likely.

Happy sailing

With the new destinations and many folks opting to change their cruise dates etc. some fantastic low prices are out there on select cruises last minute. Here are a few

Splendor 5/3/09 Any balcony up to and including cat 9A $266 per person all taxes, fees included. Any inside $212 per person OV $232 per person.

These are military prices but I think it may be the same for anyone booking these cruises. There are a few more and my friend at carnival thinks there will be MANY more if this ban to Mexico is pushed past 5/4 sailing which in his opinion is likely.

Happy sailing

Great pricing despite being military rates and I SUSPECT That regular rates would be a tad higher. But also you have to factor in the costs for those who may have to fly to the embarkation point... this late in the game, that cost (if even available) could be ASTRONOMICAL ! :eek:

Happy sailing

Holy Cow! Or Holy Swine! Those are good rates.....oh, if it wasn't for the kids in school....

Happy sailing

I'm showing 399IS, 449OV, and 499BL for both guarantees and choice for non military rates...

I was just pricing it out too..... Military personell certainly get some good breaks (not meaning they don't deserve it in any way though !).

Thw fantasy cruise mentioned above has very little difference in price for non military but you have to call carnival to book it as I see no websites that show the change to a 7 day cruise for that ship yet.

Great pricing despite being military rates and I SUSPECT That regular rates would be a tad higher. But also you have to factor in the costs for those who may have to fly to the embarkation point... this late in the game, that cost (if even available) could be ASTRONOMICAL ! :eek:

LOL not that I would or could go this close, I did a mock booking for flight from our local airport. It's ONLY 600-800pp depending on which day you pick for out and back. Hell with the pricing of the cruise we could get 2 9a's for the price of the flight and still have money left for DOD's!

Air Tran flies to Gulf Port which would be about 4 hour drive to NOLA. Does that help?

Any other small airports in the area and discount air carriers? Amtrak?

Gulfport is about a ONE hour drive to NOLA.

Glory 5/2 price just went down to $300 per person inside, military pricing. I think as more and more people get through to carnival (my friend there said it is a zoo with the phones ringing non stop) cancelations are piling up and prices will drop like a rock on SOME cruises. I have my finger on the buy trigger for a couple of cruises within the next 2 weeks

Air Tran flies to Gulf Port which would be about 4 hour drive to NOLA. Does that help?

Any other small airports in the area and discount air carriers? Amtrak?

It's only a 1 1/2 hour drive from Gulfport to New Orleans airport. Sorry - I didn't read the entire thread to see that someone else already posted the info.

I just checked the carnival site for the Splendor leaving 5/3, and for CA residents, it is now $199/inside and $299/balcony! I would love to jump on it, but I have a meeting with a client on Monday that cannot be rescheduled, and I'm dog-sitting my dad's dogs who leaves for Puerto Vallarta for three weeks on 5/3!

Happy sailing

Iv talked to someone who says she cant get me the prices you are quoting on Fantasy. military is low thats true :( sad, or Id be booked by now. Iv been hoping for a deal all day and PVP cant find me one.

I can get to either new orleans OR galveston, dont even care, but with my PVP on vacation, I feel like my hands are tied to find a deal and cant even see ecstasy and fantasy online rates because they have been pulled. Im so frustrated.

Iv talked to someone who says she cant get me the prices you are quoting on Fantasy. military is low thats true :( sad, or Id be booked by now. Iv been hoping for a deal all day and PVP cant find me one.

Firefly: Hang in there and periodically keep checking prices the next several days. This Mexico port closing is going to last much longer than next week I believe. That is when the floodgate of great deals will open. BTW they had the same pricing for the 5/2 Fantasy sailing as the 5/9 sailing. The 5/9 sailing sold out real fast at those great prices. I have seen several price changes today alone on a few cruises.

Firefly: Hang in there and periodically keep checking prices the next several days. This Mexico port closing is going to last much longer than next week I believe. That is when the floodgate of great deals will open. BTW they had the same pricing for the 5/2 Fantasy sailing as the 5/9 sailing. The 5/9 sailing sold out real fast at those great prices. I have seen several price changes today alone on a few cruises.

I'm sitting on a yet unused welcome back credit. Do you know if I'd be able to stack that with a last minute dropped price cruise?

How do I see these great deals?? I cant call a PVP until next week when mine comes back from vacation. I cant pull the new dates up on the site either.

Archived