Live Journal – B2B Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires – Come Along For the Adventure

Jim_Iain

I understand there is a number to call beforehand if you have things you want in the suite? Is that correct, I haven’t been able to track it down yet ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are in a Celebrity Suite or higher the shore side concierge will get in touch about 2 weeks before you cruise. They don't contact guests sailing in sky suites.

Jim, now that you have likely experienced all the different weather patterns of the South American itinerary (with the assumption that Buenos Aires will be warm) - do you think you packed right? is there anything you would change or alter about your packing for the last leg of the B2B cruise? (Chile to Argentina)?

We are in our final stages of packing and have second guessed ourselves a million times!

Heather

Jim, now that you have likely experienced all the different weather patterns of the South American itinerary (with the assumption that Buenos Aires will be warm) - do you think you packed right? is there anything you would change or alter about your packing for the last leg of the B2B cruise? (Chile to Argentina)?

We are in our final stages of packing and have second guessed ourselves a million times!

Heather

Heather, I’m right there with you on second guessing!

Jim, thank you so much for sharing this incredible voyage

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are in a Celebrity Suite or higher the shore side concierge will get in touch about 2 weeks before you cruise. They don't contact guests sailing in sky suites.

Thanks Priscilla- so much excited to be Royal :-)

Celebrity is experimenting with an infusion bar on deck 5 adjacent to the for pay gelato.

So, where are they now scooping the gelato? To the right of the bar stools? It is not apparent from the pic you posted. The bar area almost resembles a mini Michael's club bar - maybe it's just the stools.

So, where are they now scooping the gelato? To the right of the bar stools? It is not apparent from the pic you posted. The bar area almost resembles a mini Michael's club bar - maybe it's just the stools.

They are scooping the Gelato in the same space and share it with the new bar. The set up bar stools around the counter and it appears to be used. I spoke to a couple who said they enjoyed their drinks. Drinks qualify under Premium Drink Package. They do not have nitrogen but do smoke drinks.

If you are in a CS or above you can also contact the shore side concierge at anytime at 316-554-5075. About 2 months before our cruise they had a sale on the Premium Drink Package (for the repositioning cruise). I called the regular CC number and they transferred me to her, saying she preferred to handle our needs directly. Also you can email her at ConciergePamela@celebrity.com

Heather

I think I packed right - Planning for everything for cold weather as well as hot weather.

Our cruise was probably a little colder than other cruises later in the season. For the portion around the horn you will definitely want a winter jacket as well as gloves and something to cover your ears (if you plan to go on deck).

For most of the other southern ports a puffer jacket and sweater are perfect and can remove layers as needed.

We are at sea today between Puerto Madryn and Punte del Estes and the temperatures are pleasant between 65-80.

If you check the temperatures in each port and drop it by 10 degrees at sea you will be really close. Also remember at places like the Horn the winds were about 100 knots when created a wind chill well below freezing.

We arrived in Puerto Madryn around 0800 and the ship was cleared pretty quickly and we were off on a tour to Punto Loma. The trip to Punto Loma is a long 2 1/2 hour bus ride. There is not much to see on the ride except for brush and almost desert views. About 1/2 way to Punto Loma we stopped for a restroom break and a bite to eat at a gas station / 7-11 type store.

Arrived at Punto Loma and was given 1 1/2 hour to explore on our own. There is a protected pathway and wooden boardwalk out to a point where you can overlook the ocean and the colony on the beach. There are 1,000's of penguins along the walk both in their cave like nests as well as walking right across the path.

If you are in a CS or above you can also contact the shore side concierge at anytime at 316-554-5075. About 2 months before our cruise they had a sale on the Premium Drink Package (for the repositioning cruise). I called the regular CC number and they transferred me to her, saying she preferred to handle our needs directly. Also you can email her at ConciergePamela@celebrity.com

Jim, How many Chic Nights on the cruise?

Zouave

We arrived in Puerto Madryn around 0800 and the ship was cleared pretty quickly and we were off on a tour to Punto Loma. The trip to Punto Loma is a long 2 1/2 hour bus ride. There is not much to see on the ride except for brush and almost desert views. About 1/2 way to Punto Loma we stopped for a restroom break and a bite to eat at a gas station / 7-11 type store.

Arrived at Punto Loma and was given 1 1/2 hour to explore on our own. There is a protected pathway and wooden boardwalk out to a point where you can overlook the ocean and the colony on the beach. There are 1,000's of penguins along the walk both in their cave like nests as well as walking right across the path.

Who did you do the excursion with? Love the pictures...will be doing this cruise San Antonio to Buenos Aires next year.....

One recommendation for fellow travelers. Bring cold and nasal remedies. Many including myself came down with a cold yesterday cough and sinus. I chose to stay in my cabin last night but when out today I saw and heard coughing everywhere.

Vick’s NyQuil cost 18.95 on the ship.

Good news is it appears to be a one to day cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Brilliant! Thank you

One recommendation for fellow travelers. Bring cold and nasal remedies. Many including myself came down with a cold yesterday cough and sinus. I chose to stay in my cabin last night but when out today I saw and heard coughing everywhere.

Vick’s NyQuil cost 18.95 on the ship.

Good news is it appears to be a one to day cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good advice. Rapid weather changes bring on these symptoms.

Very much enjoying your blog. A quick couple of questions:

1. Have you had to have peso's in each port?

2. Can you bring a snack with you for the tours, or do you go through immigration in each port.and 'nothing allowed off the ship? (I will have nuts and bars to bring along for this tour), and bottled water.

3. Does the ship sell peso's at all?

Thanks again for your info.