Hair dryers on Harmony

I know my hair is going to curl no matter what just from the Caribbean humidity in July, but a good hairdryer helps some. Does anyone know what the hairdryers on Harmony are like? I need heat and power, mine is 1875 watts and many hotel hairdryers are 1200 watts which don't do the job. I'd love to not have to pack a hairdryer and save some suitcase space, but if the ones onboard are wimpy, I'll do it. Any recent cruisers who can answer this, thanks greatly!

The hair dryers SUCK...bring what works for you...or wear a pony-tail! The dryer's get hot, but they don't BLOW worth a damn...and that's the whole point of BLOW DRYING. Bring what works for you.

I know my hair is going to curl no matter what just from the Caribbean humidity in July, but a good hairdryer helps some. Does anyone know what the hairdryers on Harmony are like? I need heat and power, mine is 1875 watts and many hotel hairdryers are 1200 watts which don't do the job. I'd love to not have to pack a hairdryer and save some suitcase space, but if the ones onboard are wimpy, I'll do it. Any recent cruisers who can answer this, thanks greatly!

Take your own hair dryer. You won't have to hold the button down that way either.

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know if a 2000 watt blow dryer would be ok on Harmony?

From what I have read it sounds like the blow dryers in the cabin are awful. I have a lot of hair so I'd like to use my own, but I'd hate to cause the power to go out in my cabin.

• 2 weeks later...