Recent Eclipse Amsterdam debark question

twincheryl

We have a 7:45am transfer booked from port to Schipol. We’ll be moving our own luggage. Any suggestions about what time we should head down if all goes as planned? Supposed to dock around 6am. Customs/immigration lines in port terminal? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have a 7:45am transfer booked from port to Schipol. We’ll be moving our own luggage. Any suggestions about what time we should head down if all goes as planned? Supposed to dock around 6am. Customs/immigration lines in port terminal? Thanks!

We did this on July 1st on the Eclipse in Amsterdam - smooth as silk - no immigration/customs in terminal (Schipol Airport is a different matter :evilsmile: - that was a real headache - ) we started down 15 minutes before stated time- 715AM- and there was no line and called our UBER and were at the airport in less than 20 minutes - we will be doing this option on all cruises from now on :D

I can’t imagine there would be Customs or Immigration. You are coming from another EU port, aren’t you?

No customs/immigration, but as you exited the terminal, still in the building, they were grabbing random folks and putting their luggage thru an x-ray machine. We were one of those randomly stopped, but it didn't really hold us up.

Amsterdam is the most security conscious airports we've ever been to. We had to show our documentation at at least four times by the time we got to the gate. The kicker, after finding the gate I went to one of the shops to buy a Coke and they wouldn't sell me one because I didn't have a boarding pass (I left it with my wife). I asked her how did she think I got this deep into the terminal without one, her comment was "rules are rules". No Coke for me.

We debarked in Amsterdam on 07/25/18. They started letting passengers self debark at 6:50. had a taxi booked for 6:50, arrived at taxi 7:00($36). Security at Schiphol took 10 minutes and that was with wife forgetting to show her I pad and her carry on being searched. There was a very long line of passengers to debark by 6:30 but it went very fast.

Mingo

We debarked in Amsterdam on 07/25/18. They started letting passengers self debark at 6:50. had a taxi booked for 6:50, arrived at taxi 7:00($36). Security at Schiphol took 10 minutes and that was with wife forgetting to show her I pad and her carry on being searched. There was a very long line of passengers to debark by 6:30 but it went very fast.

Mingo

Had a fairly quick debark this morning. Walked off with bags at 7:15am, out waiting for prebooked taxi by 7:30. He arrived at 7:45 as arranged. Business class... Checked in and thru security at Schipol by 8:45 and heading for coffee. We could have made that 10:20am flight that Celebrity Air would not let us keep! Now a 4 hr wait... lol

Amsterdam is the most security conscious airports we've ever been to. We had to show our documentation at at least four times by the time we got to the gate. The kicker, after finding the gate I went to one of the shops to buy a Coke and they wouldn't sell me one because I didn't have a boarding pass (I left it with my wife). I asked her how did she think I got this deep into the terminal without one, her comment was "rules are rules". No Coke for me.

Bording pass is required at shops to determine the tax. If you can’t show boarding pass or employee card they don’t know what tax percentage needs to be calculated.)

I can’t imagine there would be Customs or Immigration. You are coming from another EU port, aren’t you?

We just finished a British Isle cruise from Amsterdam on the Eclipse today. We had to go through immigration in the cruise terminal to board and on return to Amsterdam. There was a 30 minute wait to get through immigration at 8:30.

They said immigration had to do with going to the UK. Our last stop was at St Peter's Port, Guernsey. I don't understand why it was required as the UK is still part of the EU.

We are doing a B2B and just reboarded for our Baltic cruise. No immigration and have been told there will be none at the end. Only immigration will be in St Petersburg, Russia.

Our experience in July 25 was similar to the previous posters except we didn't start to disembark until about 8:45. Took Uber to the airport and still got there before 10 AM. The biggest delay was to check our bags at Schipol - that was a madhouse. By comparison, security was a breeze.

They said immigration had to do with going to the UK. Our last stop was at St Peter's Port, Guernsey. I don't understand why it was required as the UK is still part of the EU.

I believe that the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are classed as not part of the United Kingdom or the EU, although do have very special relationships with both.

We just finished a British Isle cruise from Amsterdam on the Eclipse today. We had to go through immigration in the cruise terminal to board and on return to Amsterdam. There was a 30 minute wait to get through immigration at 8:30.

We are doing a B2B and just reboarded for our Baltic cruise. No immigration and have been told there will be none at the end. Only immigration will be in St Petersburg, Russia.

The UK is part of the EU (for now), but it is not part of the Schengen Area (borderless travel between countries). The UK (and the crown dependencies, of which Guernsey is one) operate under the Common Travel Area. I've always gone through immigration when going to/from the Channel Islands, or between the UK and other European countries. The controls and scrutiny have been rather minimal though.