Vision of the Seas - Favorite Staterooms

Looking for everyone's opinions on the Staterooms

We are planning a Vision of the Seas 4 night cruise next year and are meeting with our travel agent next week. This is first ever cruise.

We are looking into getting 3 rooms. 1 room for me & my husband, 1 room for our oldest daughter & her husband, 1 room for other 3 kids (20yr, 16yr, 15yr)

My husband is a light sleeper!

Where on ship is the best? Ocean View, balcony?

We are not concerned about them being right next to each other.

Want our room to be comfortable at night for sound with my husband and nice views.

Debating on if a Balcony is worth it for just 4 nights.

We are not concerned about them being right next to each other.

You should - if you book the kids in their own room, they have to be next to you or across the hall. You could get away with not doing this if you book you and 2 kids in one and DH and the other kid in the other.

Mid ship is good but it will depend on budget and availability of cabins next to each other.

Isn't there a concern (I've read) about late night noise coming from the Centrum ? Perhaps a bit more aft would be best.

Were booked on Vision for next May and have opted for #8590.

You should - if you book the kids in their own room, they have to be next to you or across the hall. You could get away with not doing this if you book you and 2 kids in one and DH and the other kid in the other.

What I meant was all 3 rooms being next to each other, As my oldest daughter and her husband don't need to be.

Cabins on deck 8 can be noisy in a lot of places. I’d avoid deck 8 unless you’re in a suite as that’s where all of them are, but they’re at the front of the ship where it’s pretty quiet at night under the Windjammer.

Speaking from experience, avoid 8534 at all costs.

I did thoroughly enjoy GS 8514 and have booked it again for a transatlantic in April.

Cabins on deck 8 can be noisy in a lot of places. I’d avoid deck 8 unless you’re in a suite as that’s where all of them are, but they’re at the front of the ship where it’s pretty quiet at night under the Windjammer.

Speaking from experience, avoid 8534 at all costs.

I did thoroughly enjoy GS 8514 and have booked it again for a transatlantic in April.

Why avoid 8534? I have stayed in a JS that vicinity with no problems. I’m curious.

We were in an OV deck 4, forward of the centrum, for New Years Eve last December on Vision.

Perfect, no noise issues at all and very convenient for activities.

For five nights we felt a balcony wasn't worth the extra $$.

Why avoid 8534? I have stayed in a JS that vicinity with no problems. I’m curious.

8534 is under the towel distribution stand above. Several nights, for hours, it sounded like someone was playing hopscotch jumping up and down above. They would roll heavy carts taking dirty towels out and bringing in clean towels. And they weren’t gentle about it. I was livid and up for hours listening to the thunder.

We have decided on OV staterooms.

What deck is best for view & what deck is best for less noise?

Going to put DH & son together and I will be with 2 daughters. DH is a light sleeper but us girls can sleep through almost anything.

I want the view, I know DH will want less noise!