Cabin sensor lights on any other ships besides Conquest.

pe4all

Just off Conquest yesterday, and on the second day of cruise a crew member installed a line of "sensor lights" under the outside rim of the closet doors. If you walked near the bathroom the lights would go on illuminating the hallway/bathroom area. Guess people were smashing into things in the dark on the way to the bathroom! They stayed on for 30 seconds, unless activated again by movement. Personally, I disliked them, as they woke me up (light sleeper) every time dd used the bathroom in the middle of the night, as they did too good a job lighting up 1/2 the cabin in the dark. They did not have them on the Glory when we sailed the end of January. Wondering if any other ships have them, or if they are just trying them out on Conquest.

I haven't seen them BUT I have these on our bed at home. More-so for my wife because she has to walk around the bed when she gets up. As soon as her feet hit the floor the bed lights up underneath so she can see.

sounds like they are too bright if they light up half the cabin. but love the idea. still, there are so many other ways people have used to provide low level light to help them if they have to get up in the middle of the night.

I think it was a great idea, but a bit too bright. I actually called my cabin steward, as the lights went on as I entered my cabin at night, and I couldn't figure out how to turn them off! He explained they had just installed them, and that the reason they wouldn't go off was because I was standing right in front of them, and kept moving back and forth looking for an "off" switch!

and i'm guessing no way to lower the light level either. well, i'll be on the Splendor in December, so at least I know not to wonder about them when I see them in action. Maybe put a towel over them if they are mounted on the floor?

I did end up blocking 1/2 of them with a towel. It is a great idea- but adjustable brightness would have been fantastic.

How did that work, did it block enough light so it wasn't too bright for the middle of the night trip to the bathroom? Don't want to be blinded by the light when it comes on.

How did that work, did it block enough light so it wasn't too bright for the middle of the night trip to the bathroom? Don't want to be blinded by the light when it comes on.

The towel worked well! The light wasn't "blinding" - sorry if I gave that impression- but it definitely lit up the cabin to the far end of dd's bed, which was closest to the bathroom. I had the bed by the balcony, and the light definitely disturbed me when it went on - but again, as I stated - I am a very light sleeper!