Baltimore: Photo taken and put on S & S card before boarding. Is this true?

LongHill44

I have read a few reviews on here and Youtube and a few people mentioned that at Carnival's Baltimore port, while checking in they in fact take your picture and put it right on your S & S card and give it to you before you get on the ship.

Is this true?

Do other ports do this?

We heard a different version on the Breeze in December. The scan you passport photo into the computer when you check in. Your card is in the mail slot next to your cabin door when your cabin is ready. The first time you use your card for anything the picture is matched to the card.

Your picture is not on your SS card....Carnival gives you the option when you check-in online to scan your passport picture. They then add into their system. This allows you to save about 20 seconds at the cruise terminal. Wife and I didn't scan before hand....Carnival employee scanned our boarding pass then took a picture of us using his tablet. Then onto security and onto ship... The days of placing your SS card into a kiosk and having your picture taken are long gone

I have read a few reviews on here and Youtube and a few people mentioned that at Carnival's Baltimore port, while checking in they in fact take your picture and put it right on your S & S card and give it to you before you get on the ship.

Is this true?

Do other ports do this?

I italicized the part that I think is your concern. When we sailed on the Pride at the end of February they took our picture at check in and had it linked to our card but not put on the card, then the card was given to us before getting on the ship. Cards had name and folio number on them, but no cabin number or photo.

The cruise line wants a recent picture to verify the card matches to the cardholder. Having names on the card helps keep the cards straight but not listing the cabin number is a security measure (no one knows where you "live" for the week.

It takes maybe 15-30 seconds to take the picture and link it to your card. You are not waiting for your picture to be printed on the card like a driver's license or student id.

Hope that helps.

Edited by pacruise804
others posted same thing

We have sailed out of Baltimore many times and they take your picture. As state in the other posts your photo and room # is not on your card. When you leave and return to the ship in your ports security scans your card and your photo appears, along with other info, so they can ensure it is truly you as you return to the ship.

We have sailed out of Baltimore many times and they take your picture. As state in the other posts your photo and room # is not on your card. When you leave and return to the ship in your ports security scans your card and your photo appears, along with other info, so they can ensure it is truly you as you return to the ship.

In December (Pride) this is exactly what happened.