Help! I Need A Triple Room In Barcelona

Can anyone recommend a great hotel in Barcelona,that is centrally located, and can accomodate three people? My husband, 14 year old son, and myself, will be staying for 2 days, pre-cruise. After reading everyone's comments on Hotel 1898 and Pulitzer, I inquired about booking, and was told that they can't accomodate three people unless we take 2 rooms. I am looking for a great hotel with great location. Any recommendations????

The Citadines Aparthotel is right on the Ramblas, perfect location for all the buzz of Barcelona. However, I would not say it was a "great hotel" like the 1898. The Pullitzer is OK but we did not think it was worth the money. Citadines is probably Holiday Inn standard but has apartment type accommodation so would be good for 3 people. We stayed there only one night and found it quite acceptable for our needs. The Princess is a very popular hotel, we have not stayed there but I can tell you that it is not as central as the 1898 or Pullitzer.

We have booked a triple room at the Hotel LLeo for our pre-cruise stay. We haven't stayed there before so I don't know if it's great (I hope it is :D but I actually suspect it's nothing very fancy, although it looks fine for a short pre-cruise stay) but it seems to get a good enough write up on these boards and it definitely has a great central location very close to Ramblas and Plaza Catalunya. If you're only going to be in Barcelona for 2 days, you'll probably not want to spend much time in the hotel anyway.

Here's the link to their website: http://www.hotel-lleo.es/

I also found this site very useful for locating hotels:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/hotels/hotelmaps/ramblas-hotel-barcelona.html

We stayed 2 nights pre cruise at the Hotel Jazz, 1 night post cruise Hotel Barcelona Catedral. We also had our teenage son with us. The room at the Jazz was a junior suite, larger room, pull out double sofa bed in seperate area. Barcelona Catedral was standard room, with extra bed. Both were excellent, would reccommend either. We booked direct.

We have booked a triple room at the Hotel LLeo for our pre-cruise stay. We haven't stayed there before so I don't know if it's great (I hope it is :D but I actually suspect it's nothing very fancy, although it looks fine for a short pre-cruise stay) but it seems to get a good enough write up on these boards and it definitely has a great central location very close to Ramblas and Plaza Catalunya. If you're only going to be in Barcelona for 2 days, you'll probably not want to spend much time in the hotel anyway.

We passed by the Hotel Lleo couple of weeks ago during our pre-cruise stay in Barcelona and thought it looked very nice and it is in a good location. Hotel Jazz is nearby and also looked smart, the interior looks grat on the website - I tried to book a triple here but couldn't get one for our dates. We stayed at the Apsis Splendid which is a bit further out from the Ramblas than these two. It was fine, small reception but modern room with great bathroom.

Can anyone recommend a great hotel in Barcelona,that is centrally located, and can accomodate three people? My husband, 14 year old son, and myself, will be staying for 2 days, pre-cruise. After reading everyone's comments on Hotel 1898 and Pulitzer, I inquired about booking, and was told that they can't accomodate three people unless we take 2 rooms. I am looking for a great hotel with great location. Any recommendations????

We stayed ath the Olivia hotel. Very nice modern architecture and right at Cataluña and Las Rambla. Taxi were at right there to take you to airport, port or sightseeing.

http://www.oliviahotels.es/

In a few weeks, we are staying in a triple room at the Hotel Regina... it is at the end of Las Ramblas in the Plaza Catalunya area.

The hotel has very good reviews on tripadvisor.com and the manager replies to most of those reviews. The manager also was extremely responsive to my email requests... helped me to make my decision to stay here.

Good luck in your search... :rolleyes:

Hi, we stayed in Ayre Gran Via hotel 2 weeks ago for our pre-cruise. We've booked a double room but it is spacious enough to accomodate three of us without any problem. My parents and I had a wonderful stay there, the room was spacious, modern and clean; the staff there were very friendly.

The hotel is located near Pl. Espanya, the closest tourist attraction spot is Montjuic. Though the hotel is not located near Las Ramblas, we found the location very convenient. It is within 2 mins walk to the metro station, and the metro ride to Ramblas is only a few minutes. More importantly, we found the neighbourhood very safe, so we didn't have to worry about pickpocket.

Another option would be the Hotel Colon (very popular with Americans) which is conveniently located right in the heart of the Gothic Quarter (right across the street from the Cathedral) a short walk from the Ramblas. They have both triple rooms and junior suites.

Hank

Another option would be the Hotel Colon's less expensive "sister" - The Regencia Colon. The location is great and the price is about one third that

of the Colon. The reviews are very good and the hotel looks good on the

website. I will be there next week and again at the end of our cruise. When I return, I'll let you know how it worked out. They have triples with three beds.

Linda

Another option would be the Hotel Colon's less expensive "sister" - The Regencia Colon. The location is great and the price is about one third that

of the Colon. The reviews are very good and the hotel looks good on the

website. I will be there next week and again at the end of our cruise. When I return, I'll let you know how it worked out. They have triples with three beds.

Linda

I stayed in a triple room for 3 nights in September and can highly recommend it. The location cannot be beat!

Myself, husband and 14 yo son are booked in a triple room at Hotel Regina which is sister hotel to and right next door to Hotel Pulitzer, for 2 nights pre-cruise. This hotel also has quad rooms.

We stayed in a quad room (my husband, myself, our 16 year old and our 9 year old) at Hotel Regina in July 2008 as a pre-cruise one night stay.

I can not say enough about this wonderful hotel. The staff was fantastic, the location is superb, and the room was fabulous. They even had a bottle of bubbly on ice and chocolates awaiting us when we got back from supper. Book here and you will not be disappointed...you can also read my review on Trip advisor and see the pictures I have posted.

Any other questions just ask.

Another vote for the Regina. We just got back after staying there 1 night post cruise in a quad room. It's a stylish hotel in a fantastic location and with lots of nice extras - robes and slippers, free internet (including wifi), plate of fruit and water when we got back at night and a very helpful and friendly staff

Archived