Just off Dawn 10/11 Ghost Story

KevinsCruising

And now of course, Ghost Hunters International is going to be on the Dawn for the 10/25 sailing to Bermuda out of Boston - we're booked on the cruise, but not because of them. Looking forward to seeing if Barry can stir up some ghost action!

And now of course, Ghost Hunters International is going to be on the Dawn for the 10/25 sailing to Bermuda out of Boston - we're booked on the cruise, but not because of them. Looking forward to seeing if Barry can stir up some ghost action!

Really? That is awesome! If we weren't already booked on the Breakaway to Bermuda in September, we would book this cruise. We love the Dawn. Please post a review when you get back letting us know what happened. I will be looking for that episode to air. Thanks for the info. :D

So cool. We will be boarding the Dawn when she returns for her repo cruise down to Tampa on 11/1. I'll be looking for the ghost hunters as they disembark.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all who have shared! I just wish I had searched for tbis before I posted on the Carnival board. I asked for anyones experiences and the responses I received were less than nice... we will leave it at that. So I can really appreciate the stories here!:)

• 1 year later...
Ok......We just got off the Dawn this morning and had an awesome week. Great food, great service, great everything... no complaints. Want to share a story that happened on Friday night, 10/9.

We had two connecting balcony rooms, 10626 & 10628. My wife and I were in 10626 and my sister in law and her boyfriend Rob were in 10628. During the day we kept the connecting door open and closed it at night. We also opened the balconies so we had one long balcony. Friday night we went to bed. During the night Rob rolled over and went to put his arm around Judy. She wasn't there so he went to roll over to see if she moved to the other side of the bed. As he started to roll, he seen a woman sitting at the edge of the bed. He thought it was Judy and he said, what are you doing? Judy was on the other side of him and said 'sleeping." When he realized it wasn't Judy he continued looking at her, she was a woman with blonde shoulder lenght hair.. he thought it was my wife Nancy then. ( who is blonde with shoulder length hair). He said Nancy is in here, what do you need Nancy? Judy said, "Rob, your talking in your sleep." Rob said I AM NOT SLEEPING.....Then the woman stood up and had a light around her, she was smiling at him. She continued smiling and he said she floated towards the closets in the room..... she then disappeared in front of the closets.

Needless to say he was freaked out over this. I told the story to some of the crew that we became close with and they all said that there are many stories like this one. I was trying to find out the cabin number of the woman that fell out of the Balcony on the Dawn but no one could verify the cabin number. Rob found a picture of the woman this afternoon. http://www1.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/112-05162008-1535088.html

He says, he thinks that was her.

When I was last on the Dawn in 2013, I asked a crew member about this story. Of Course he denied any knowledge of it. The crew was probably told not to confirm it.

BTW, did she materialize on Halloween?

When I was last on the Dawn in 2013, I asked a crew member about this story. Of Course he denied any knowledge of it. The crew was probably told not to confirm it.

BTW, did she materialize on Halloween?

I think we were on the Dawn in 2012 together. On that sailing I asked our room steward and he never heard about it. He said his roommate was the steward for those rooms on 9 and also never heard about it.

Wasn't there going to be a documentary a year or two ago on this?

The only thing spooky thing that we saw on 9 was the artwork.

Edited by dexddd

Wow, I just read this thread for the first time...So many emotions....Thank you all for sharing your stories.

I am cruising on the Dawn for the 4th time in January. While I don't think I have ever had "an encounter", I will definitely be on alert!!

Patty

I believe in that kind of stuff. When my son was 2 or 3 years old we were going out shopping he had his coat and hat on and was down the hall and I was at the door calling him to let's go. He looked frozen and wouldn't move I was yelling his name and he was still as a statue. In the hallway there was a big antique mirror hanging on the wall that my great grandmother had given me. She had passed away several years before. After a couple of minutes of calling my son and heading to go get him the mirror came crashing down. To this day I swear my great grandmother was holding him back because there was no reason he was standing the way he was he loved to go out.

Ok......We just got off the Dawn this morning and had an awesome week. Great food, great service, great everything... no complaints. Want to share a story that happened on Friday night, 10/9.

We had two connecting balcony rooms, 10626 & 10628. My wife and I were in 10626 and my sister in law and her boyfriend Rob were in 10628. During the day we kept the connecting door open and closed it at night. We also opened the balconies so we had one long balcony. Friday night we went to bed. During the night Rob rolled over and went to put his arm around Judy. She wasn't there so he went to roll over to see if she moved to the other side of the bed. As he started to roll, he seen a woman sitting at the edge of the bed. He thought it was Judy and he said, what are you doing? Judy was on the other side of him and said 'sleeping." When he realized it wasn't Judy he continued looking at her, she was a woman with blonde shoulder lenght hair.. he thought it was my wife Nancy then. ( who is blonde with shoulder length hair). He said Nancy is in here, what do you need Nancy? Judy said, "Rob, your talking in your sleep." Rob said I AM NOT SLEEPING.....Then the woman stood up and had a light around her, she was smiling at him. She continued smiling and he said she floated towards the closets in the room..... she then disappeared in front of the closets.

Needless to say he was freaked out over this. I told the story to some of the crew that we became close with and they all said that there are many stories like this one. I was trying to find out the cabin number of the woman that fell out of the Balcony on the Dawn but no one could verify the cabin number. Rob found a picture of the woman this afternoon. http://www1.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/112-05162008-1535088.html

He says, he thinks that was her.

My wife and I stayed in cabin 10628 back April. There were no extra blondes in our room. LOL.

Wow...this thread pops up every now and then! I have an update to my ghost story mentioned in this thread years ago...You need to have read the entire thread to get it, but here goes...

I met 2 married Cruisecritic members on the Dawn back in October of 2007. We connected immediately as we have similar professions, love cruising, and they both graduated college from my home town even though they grew up in a nearby state. We've remained connected ever since as they have always felt like family to me.

This past July they were out of state staying at my house. Through a range of conversation into the evening, we discover the cruise critic wife's great grandparents used to own the house for many years I grew up in! The same house mentioned in my earlier posts that has a spirit in it. I learned her great grandfather sold the house in 1962 when her great grandmother passed away...in the house!!! My parents, who had eleven children, bought it in 1969...and as mentioned in the earlier posts...a lot of scary things happened when we lived there. So, how eerily exciting to have met a CC member and become good friends over time only and find out she very well could be the descendant of the ghost who scared the bejesus out of me all the time while growing up!

Edited to add that we all think it very cool!

coka

Edited by coka

I remember reading this thread years ago and went looking for it last year or so. I'm glad it resurfaced because I need to re-read it again. We are scheduled to go on the Dawn next year and I found it real interesting the first time I read it.

I wondered what every happened to the tv show that investigates these types of things (can't remember the name of the show) that was supposed to go on the Dawn and see what they could find out? I think it was about a year or so ago but I never heard anything more about it. :confused:

i remember reading this thread years ago and went looking for it last year or so. I'm glad it resurfaced because i need to re-read it again. We are scheduled to go on the dawn next year and i found it real interesting the first time i read it.

I wondered what every happened to the tv show that investigates these types of things (can't remember the name of the show) that was supposed to go on the dawn and see what they could find out? I think it was about a year or so ago but i never heard anything more about it. :confused:

ghost hunters..... :)

I believe in that kind of stuff. When my son was 2 or 3 years old we were going out shopping he had his coat and hat on and was down the hall and I was at the door calling him to let's go. He looked frozen and wouldn't move I was yelling his name and he was still as a statue. In the hallway there was a big antique mirror hanging on the wall that my great grandmother had given me. She had passed away several years before. After a couple of minutes of calling my son and heading to go get him the mirror came crashing down. To this day I swear my great grandmother was holding him back because there was no reason he was standing the way he was he loved to go out.

When my daughter was an infant, a few times she would be in her crib and start to laugh, or coo ... I'd walk in and she would be sitting up - looking up at someone. It never freaked me out or anything ... then one day it happened, and you know how you glance at something real quick, and then look again and it's gone? Well, in that first glance, I swear it was my grandfather (who died when I was 12) standing there that she was looking at.

Another time, I was giving her as bath, and her dad ran out to the store. We lived on the 2nd floor in an apartment at the time. I finished her bath, dried her off and dressed her, and let her leave the bathroom while I was cleaning the tub. I'd say she was 10 or 11 months old at the time. Well, her father forgot to put the baby gate up when he left, and I heard her tumble down the stairs ... 15 hardwood stairs. The issue was it didn't sound like a child falling down the stairs ... it almost sounded like she bounced and rolled, if that makes any sense. Anyway, there was not one mark on her. Not one. Crazy?!!

One final thing ... I was driving in the car with my daughter. It was just the 2 of us, and we were driving to Disney which was 2 hours away. She was 4, and had fallen asleep, so I was pretty much by myself. I guess I must've been tired because I started to either zone out or fall asleep (scary). Someone shouted my name - loudly - and I came back into focus as my car was drifting into a lane of traffic of oncoming traffic.

When my daughter was an infant, a few times she would be in her crib and start to laugh, or coo ... I'd walk in and she would be sitting up - looking up at someone. It never freaked me out or anything ... then one day it happened, and you know how you glance at something real quick, and then look again and it's gone? Well, in that first glance, I swear it was my grandfather (who died when I was 12) standing there that she was looking at.

Another time, I was giving her as bath, and her dad ran out to the store. We lived on the 2nd floor in an apartment at the time. I finished her bath, dried her off and dressed her, and let her leave the bathroom while I was cleaning the tub. I'd say she was 10 or 11 months old at the time. Well, her father forgot to put the baby gate up when he left, and I heard her tumble down the stairs ... 15 hardwood stairs. The issue was it didn't sound like a child falling down the stairs ... it almost sounded like she bounced and rolled, if that makes any sense. Anyway, there was not one mark on her. Not one. Crazy?!!

One final thing ... I was driving in the car with my daughter. It was just the 2 of us, and we were driving to Disney which was 2 hours away. She was 4, and had fallen asleep, so I was pretty much by myself. I guess I must've been tired because I started to either zone out or fall asleep (scary). Someone shouted my name - loudly - and I came back into focus as my car was drifting into a lane of traffic of oncoming traffic.

Someone's looking out for you.

• 3 years later...