Anyone know what the first day Lunch menu might be?

oskidunker

Since we are now Allowed to eat in the Dining room, according to multiple sources.

One of my favorites is the goulash. A sort of Papika like stew meat dish. That and the Pork Scallopini are two you do not want to miss for lunch.

Burgers just ok. Pastas are always a good choice.Any other Lunch time favorites? I mean nobody talks about lunch. just remember that after a few days, lunch may be when you are most hungry. I normally just eat Danish and fruit for breakfast so I am defienetly ready for LUNCH. As a matter of fact, RIGHT NOW.

Personally, I find the lunches served onboard Princess ships to be too heavy.

I'd love it if they would setup the sandwich bar in Horizon Court at lunch time rather than wait until ~3pm.

Lew

Just off Emerald Princess B2B2B and ate in DiVinci for Embarkation Lunch on all three sailings. There was just one salmon and one beef entre on the menu and each time it was a different style (or cut of beef). The three appetizers were different on each cruise as was the one desert. All were exceptionally good.

I am surprised to learn of the limited lunch menu on embarkation day...the last 3 cruises we have been on has had the usual 4 or 5 items on the right hand side of the menu and the hamburgers and so forth on the left side.

Personally, I find the lunches served onboard Princess ships to be too heavy.

I'd love it if they would setup the sandwich bar in Horizon Court at lunch time rather than wait until ~3pm.

Lew

This past summer we cruised on Ocean Princess and they did have a sandwich bar at lunch time. A varieties of fillings on different types of bread or bun, usually one filling was vegetarian. DH was very happy, now his usual lunchtime sandwich had been made for him! If he wanted to increase the filling, he just took cheese or meat from the area where this is laid out.

I am surprised to learn of the limited lunch menu on embarkation day...the last 3 cruises we have been on has had the usual 4 or 5 items on the right hand side of the menu and the hamburgers and so forth on the left side.

Our three most recent Princess ships were the Crown, Ruby and Emerald, and they have all had the limited menu, so maybe it's ship related. However, like Colo, I have to say the salmon is the best of any served on the entire cruise.

I, too, was curious about the limited embarkation day lunch menu before we left on our cruise this summer. (It is limited in comparison to the usual lunch menus, but you can still find something to your liking.) So, we took some photos of the menu, hoping it would help someone else out. Here is a copy of the lunch menu from the Ruby Princess:

945264679_VMMPQ-L.jpg

945265492_ttWcz-L.jpg

945266085_SMABu-L.jpg

There are also the usual burger etc. available, but this is the actual menu part. Hope that helps!

That is the menu we just had on the Emerald and the Crown--Love it !!!--we can wait for burgers etc at the pool grill--

We have eaten in the MDR for years--the only slight problem was to find which room was open--since even now they will try to send you to HC.--The MDR is so nice after boarding and putting your carry on in your cabin--nice to be served--I certainly appreciate it--still not many people in the MDR.

Nancy:D

Our three most recent Princess ships were the Crown, Ruby and Emerald, and they have all had the limited menu, so maybe it's ship related. However, like Colo, I have to say the salmon is the best of any served on the entire cruise.

It must be ship/cruise related because we have been on the Grand, Golden and Sapphire this year and I don't recall the limited menu.

As an aside, we had a great deal of difficulty having a sit-down lunch on embarkation day in one of the MDR's on the Grand, we were told that it was just for B/B pax. Then on the Sapphire in late August we were emphatically told that only the HC was open for lunch...undaunted we went to the Savoy but they were having a private function there, the other 3 small rooms were locked so we ended up at the MDR where the headwaiter said he had a T/A's private function going on (which he did). I pulled out a printout from the FAQ section concerning lunch on embarkation day and showed it to him...after a lot of discussion he finally relented and let us sit on the other side of the room all by ourselves.

It must be ship/cruise related because we have been on the Grand, Golden and Sapphire this year and I don't recall the limited menu.

As an aside, we had a great deal of difficulty having a sit-down lunch on embarkation day in one of the MDR's on the Grand, we were told that it was just for B/B pax. Then on the Sapphire in late August we were emphatically told that only the HC was open for lunch...undaunted we went to the Savoy but they were having a private function there, the other 3 small rooms were locked so we ended up at the MDR where the headwaiter said he had a T/A's private function going on (which he did). I pulled out a printout from the FAQ section concerning lunch on embarkation day and showed it to him...after a lot of discussion he finally relented and let us sit on the other side of the room all by ourselves.

They do their best to keep you out--more often than not--good for you--we know one thing don't ask anyone as you board--you'll get the same story!!

Nancy

They do their best to keep you out--more often than not--good for you--we know one thing don't ask anyone as you board--you'll get the same story!!

Nancy

I does seem to vary from ship to ship...on the Golden we were welcomed with open arms...but I wish Princess communicate with their Maitre d's about this policy instead of making us look like a bunch of stupid beggers looking for lunch.

Archived