Navigator AFT cabin 7388 or 1688?

If you are familiar, or better yet have cruised on, one or better yet both of these, which would you choose, the bigger room - 1688 - or the bigger balcony -7388?

There are only two of us but we would love to have room for both of us to stretch out on loungers on the large balcony (7388). However, by the pictures we've seen we might actually have room to relax and stretch out inside in room 1688.

Thank you much for your thoughts!

Nancy

I haven't stayed in either, but I'm currently booked in 7688 and I did a ton of research before hand, if 1688 ere available I probably would have chosen it over 7688, whichever the case, chose fast because they're both probably going to go fast

I have stayed in both and they are my two favorite non suite cabins.

I would pick 1688 over 7688. 1688 has the best of both worlds with the

larger cabin and larger balcony. The balcony on 1688 is plenty big for two people to stretch out. I also liked being on deck 10 better. If 1688 were not available I would happily take 7688.

If they let you book 7688 with only 2 please let me know. I tried that a couple of weeks ago and they absolutely said I could not book that room without 3 people. We ended up going up to deck 9 and grabbing an aft there. If I can change I want to. 1688 was already booked but that was actually my first request.

Personally I would always choose the bigger balcony. And 7388 (along with 7688) are the biggest balconies on the ship.

I agree. With 2 people the cabin space in the deck 7 corner aft is plenty. I loved having that balcony and spent a great deal of time out there. Another thing to consider is that you have a view of the side and aft of the ship from 7388 and 7688.

We are booked in 7692 on the Nav next week....I have had 1694 on the Explorer it was so fantastic. I hope I will enjoy 7692 as well. I looked at the interactive site. It looks like your view is somewhat obstructed, does anyone have any other pictures? I also would take deck ten. The balcony is HUGE. Almost as big as the cabin!

If they let you book 7688 with only 2 please let me know. I tried that a couple of weeks ago and they absolutely said I could not book that room without 3 people. We ended up going up to deck 9 and grabbing an aft there. If I can change I want to. 1688 was already booked but that was actually my first request.

I talked to an agent when I switched to it, they gave me no trouble at all. I guess it depends which agent you talk to, if you can't get it with one agent, call back and try another.

Have booked 7688 and 7388 on Voyager and Mariner for two. Not a problem.

Will be on the Voyager Sunday to bring her back to Galveston. Looking forward to our corner aft cabin.

Having stayed in both I would choose 1688 every time. Some photos:

IMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

IMG_4453.jpg

IMG_4449.jpg

The balcony on deck 7 is bigger but covered. It does have the huge "porthole" on the side which is nice. The size of the cabin on deck 10 more than makes up for the size of the balcony on deck 7. We had three in this room and it was great. The only bad thing about the balcony of 1688 is the steel that runs down the middle. However there is plenty of room for chairs and loungers and you can get both shade and sun.

Having stayed in both I would choose 1688 every time. Some photos:

IMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

IMG_4453.jpg

IMG_4449.jpg

The balcony on deck 7 is bigger but covered. It does have the huge "porthole" on the side which is nice. The size of the cabin on deck 10 more than makes up for the size of the balcony on deck 7. We had three in this room and it was great. The only bad thing about the balcony of 1688 is the steel that runs down the middle. However there is plenty of room for chairs and loungers and you can get both shade and sun.

Okay, now I'm confused:confused: It looks like you've posted pictures of the balcony for 7688 with pictures of the cabin for 1688:confused: The balcony on 1688 (from other pics I've seen) does not have the 'porthole' on the side and as referred to by other posters, this can make the balcony a bit hot.

The porthole is one of the main reasons we booked 7688 - cross ventilation.

Am I wrong?

Okay, now I'm confused:confused: It looks like you've posted pictures of the balcony for 7688 with pictures of the cabin for 1688:confused: The balcony on 1688 (from other pics I've seen) does not have the 'porthole' on the side and as referred to by other posters, this can make the balcony a bit hot.

Am I wrong?

Having had 1688 twice, I would say the last two pictures are 1688 and the first two are 7688. The balcony on 1688 can get hot at times but we loved it. The cabin is huge, which was a plus since we had 3 in it.

Am I wrong?

I agree with you we have stayed in 7388 I thought it was the only only one with that side opening :confused::confused: But I do like that room better. :)

Archived