Deluxe veranda suite sofa bed

RAYSAN11

None of the R, S, Vista or Signature class ships has a curtain separating the sofa/bed from the main bed(s).

I read somewhere on here that someone had to get the egg grate for the sofa bed -- which is low to the floor when opened up -- especially on the Vista and Sginature class ships.

The Prinsendam DOES have a curtain separtaing the sofas from the main bed:D I think it is on the only HAL ship that does. some of the PS's that are smaller have them. (ie Maasdam)

I have slept on the sofa bed on the Amsterdam and found it to be surprisingly comfortable. It was not a traditional sofa bed that opened up, but instead the room steward "flipped" the sofa seat, as the bed mattress was underneath. It was the most comfortable sofa I have ever slept on. I would not hesitate to sleep on it again.

Has anybody used the deluxe verandah suite sofa beds on the zuiderdam. If so are these beds comfortable. Thank you in advance foy your replies.

Not on the zuiderdam but twice on the Ryndam. The first time the bed was very comfy in the deluxe verandah but the next time we went there was nothing but trouble with it-broke several times and they kept coming to fix it. The 2nd time was not enjoyable.

We found on the Eurodam the superior suite flip bed was very good (although no Neptune lounge etc.

There are 2 different size sofa beds and the comfort depends on which size of sofa bed is in your suite.

First one is the sofa that can be pulled out and flipped over to make a single bed. It has a thick mattress and is very comfortable. I loved this one when I slept on it.

Second on is the pull out that makes into a double/queen size bed. The mattress is thin. After one night on this, I asked the room steward for an egg crate mattress topper. It much improved the comfort of the bed. Can't say that I loved it, but it did make a huge difference.

There are 2 different size sofa beds and the comfort depends on which size of sofa bed is in your suite.

First one is the sofa that can be pulled out and flipped over to make a single bed. It has a thick mattress and is very comfortable. I loved this one when I slept on it.

Second on is the pull out that makes into a double/queen size bed. The mattress is thin. After one night on this, I asked the room steward for an egg crate mattress topper. It much improved the comfort of the bed. Can't say that I loved it, but it did make a huge difference.

You were the one where I read about egg crate!!

OP is in the Deluxe suite which has the one opens up as a double bed.

I slept on the sofa bed in an SC suite for 10 days on the Zuiderdam and it was just as comfortable as the regular beds. This was one of the beds that flipped over, not pulled out. Let your cabin steward know where you want the pillow or you'll end up changing the bed around yourself.

Two of my sisters shared one last year on the Big O. I asked for an egg crate topper for them and they said it was quite comfortable. Note that we were in an SB...I think the SC's sofa bed only sleeps one. Moreover, both my sisters are--what's the term? full-figured--and said there was plenty of space as well.

Sofa bed on Veendam = uncomfortable night's sleep even with the egg crate and foam. But, I'm going for it again on the N. A. next month. Part of my problem was that the egg crate and foam were pieced together and didn't match up right so it was extra lumpy. This time I'm going to ask for it right away and hopefully avoid that problem.

I 'slept' on the sofa bed on the Ryndam (Deluxe Verandah Suite) last November. It was SO awful that I spent half the night on the floor. Tried again the second night and it was so bad I felt like I was hitched over a fence rail so, back to the floor. Finally got the cabin steward to bring in a rollaway bed for the balance of the cruise. The sofa bed had only a 3" foam piece - no mattress at all. Ugh - my first time in a deluxe suite and I was so disappointed that I spent the first two nights laying on the floor not sleeping.

That said, everything else about the suite was so superior that we don't think we can cruise any other way now! I am glad to see they are not all as poor as the one we had though . . .

Archived