Outlets in stateroom

Newbie41

I read on a previous thread that outlets are limited in staterooms and it is a good idea to bring a powerstrip. To those of you that have been on a cruise recently, what does limited mean? How many outlets are in a stateroom?

Limited on most ships is one near the vanity. There is one in the bathroom which is restricted for razors only.

We usually take this along made by Belkin which is easy to pack provides surge protection and can be used to charge electronics that can use a USB charger port.

pEC246FgzSRp9beyeX1Kleo780FUIDAuFCMbsStq618wLDIt4rWiFRzat8Iwwa-72_EBfWvGdGj6uDzJUm8vkFNulr2PZCYdip_X6KAn0eEOT_lf6aA5JLa3oBqDqbM

Vinnie

I read on a previous thread that outlets are limited in staterooms and it is a good idea to bring a powerstrip. To those of you that have been on a cruise recently, what does limited mean? How many outlets are in a stateroom?

There is one "easily" usable outlet in most rooms Carol & I have been in. It is by the "desk area." I have to use a CPAP, so we bring a UL approved 12' extension cord that I supplement with a multiple three-prong outlet. The cord and the outlet are both ornage, so they kind of look like a single unit. I keep the extension cord and plug in my CPAP case and I hand carry it on to the ship.

We have also used the outlet that the television is plugged in to. Carol likes to sleep with a white noise machine and we unplug the TV and plug it into that outlet. That has become easier to do as more and more flat screens are impemented. The older TV's were a little bit of a squeeze to get around.

There is a weird plug in the bathroom for electric razors, but I have never been able to use it for anything I have.

I have read threads where pax put a converter type thing in the lamp(s). It screws into light fixture, but has an outlet on it, then the lightbulb still screws into the top. As others posts said, there is only 1 easily acessible plug in near the vanity/desk area. So yes, if you use multiple electronics or hair dryer/curling iron, you will need an adapter or power cord. But be careful to put it away when leaving the cabin, I have read that they sometimes take them from you if they are not in perfect condition.

The following is a quote from the Carnival site. NO it is not a good idea to bring a powerstrip. They will be confiscated.

Are there restrictions on what we can bring aboard?

RESTRICTED ITEMS – SAFETY AND SECURITY POLICY

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits bringing certain items onboard. Additionally, we reserve the right to confiscate (and destroy) any articles that in our discretion are considered dangerous or pose a risk or inconvenience to the safety and security of the ship, or our guests, and no compensation will be provided.

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

The following is a quote from the Carnival site. NO it is not a good idea to bring a powerstrip. They will be confiscated.

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

They only comfiscate if old or in bad shape

One, by the dresser!!

Usually there is one 110 v and one 220 v outlet by the desk. The suite we had on the Miracle had one 220 v. outlet by the desk and the dressing area had one 110 v and one 220 v outlet. We bring an adapter so we can use the 220 v. outlet as well as the 110 v. We also have used the outlet in the bathroom for our toothbrush charger and it worked well.

On some ships the 220 is an European two-prong and on others it is an English style plug.

If your appliances are dual voltage you can bring a plug adapter. Knowing that on previous ships (Splendor, Paradise, Elation) that the 220 is an European two prong I bought my plug adaper with me. Boy was I surprised that I really needed an English plug adapter on the Inspiration.

Usually there is one 110 v and one 220 v outlet by the desk. The suite we had on the Miracle had one 220 v. outlet by the desk and the dressing area had one 110 v and one 220 v outlet. We bring an adapter so we can use the 220 v. outlet as well as the 110 v. We also have used the outlet in the bathroom for our toothbrush charger and it worked well.

We have a winner.

some variation is possible.

on Sensation

P1110832.JPG

Spirit

P1120943.JPG

A bathroom outlet example (only active when the light is on)

P1120944.JPG

on Magic

DSC_3040.JPG

DSC_3041.JPG

Archived