Is Trainman cruising soon?

I thought I remembered that Trainman is cruising through the Panama Canal in April. Does anyone know if this is happening and will he do a live report? I sure hope so!!

This is a post from "I Da Bell" on Radio's Sillouette Review:

Trainman is not far behind. He and Judith are doing B2B from Tampa on Jewel OTS starting April 5th.

Thanks I Da Bell :)

This is a post from "I Da Bell" on Radio's Sillouette Review:

Trainman is not far behind. He and Judith are doing B2B from Tampa on Jewel OTS starting April 5th.

Thanks I Da Bell :)

And the Jewel sailing this week is to be followed by a b2b on the Vision, October 19th for 28 nights! :)

And the Jewel sailing this week is to be followed by a b2b on the Vision, October 19th for 28 nights! :)

I'm loving it AND don't forget, after Silhouette, Radio will be on the Enchantment in May. Love when the boards are Trainman/Radiofull :D

Hello Everyone,

Judith and I leave for Tampa Wednesday, April 4th, and we will spend the night at the Hampton In Tampa-International Airport / Westshore.

On Thursday we board the Jewel of the Seas for a B-2-B four/five night cruise.

Jewel4Night.gifJewel5Night.gif

It will be Judith's first time on a Radiance Class Ship.

We will be driving to Tampa in the new JudithMobile which she picked out herself and allows me to chauffeur her around in. You can see her grinning from ear to ear in the photo below. Unfortunately we cannot fit all of our luggage and two walkers in my Corvette.

DSCN4747.jpg

The new truck, a Ford F-150, 4x4, Crew Cab was an early Birthday present for her. We will celebrate her birthday on the ship April 10th.

I need to give you all a personal update and this seems like as good a time as any to do it. Especially since I am not paying by the minute to post.

The photo below was taken this past January on the Allure. Judith is on the left, our good friend and cruising buddy Rev Smith is in the middle and I am on the right.

DSCN4281.jpg

When I had a chance to really look at the photo after the cruise I said to myself, "DANG! I am fat and need to loose some weight!

I weighed 330 pounds when we got off the ship! :eek:

So I started on a diet but I was not highly motivated and after a few weeks I had gotten down to 315 pounds.

And then early one morning I had the same symptoms when I had a heart attack 6 years ago. Heavy sweating, terrible diarrhea, and extreme dizziness. I was able to make it from the bedroom to the garage where I sat in front of a fan to cool me off while Judith (a former Doctor) got her Doctor's kit and gave me some aspirin. She couldn't get a blood pressure reading on me so she called the EMT's and had me hauled off to the hospital. After several days of testing they said my heart was fine and sent me home. The Cardiologist told me to keep losing weight until I got down to 250.

Judith and I are both Evil Smokers and the Doctor told me not to try to quit until I lost a bunch of weight. He said losing weight was more important.

About a month later, it happened again! Heavy sweating, terrible diarrhea, and extreme dizziness. I was out in the garage smoking with our dogs about 4:00 am and Judith was asleep when it hit. I was just barely able to stagger into the bedroom while I called out "Judith Help Me!" and make it into the master bathroom.

Judith checked my blood pressure which was "OK" and the diarrhea seemed to be going away and I seemed to be getting better. So I lay down on the bed to rest for awhile.

All of a sudden I had another bout of diarrhea but this time it was bright red blood! Lots of it! So we called the EMT's again and back to the hospital I went. After more tests they "scoped me" which involves running a camera down my throat and checking out my stomach and upper intestines where they found some bad spots which they cauterized. I have an appointment for a colonoscopy the week after the cruise.

The hospital doctor lowered my target weight down to 240 pounds.

The next week I had an appointment with my internist who lowered my target weight down to 220 pounds.

I also learned that I am a borderline Type II Diabetic but the doctors agree that if I get my weight down I can "pull back" from diabetes and I should be healthy for many more years.

As I type this, I weigh 285 bounds and am well on my way to my target of 220 pounds.

I am using primarily the South Beach Diet (Phase I) which I have found works best for me and which my internist recommends.

Unfortunately, at 220 pounds I will be so skinny I will probably not show up in photos anymore.

You all know how much I love the Windjammer and I intend to carefully enjoy myself on the cruise. You may see a lot of broccoli in the photos. We will see!

But overall, after two scary rides in the ambulance to the hospital, I am doing well and continuing to loose weight.

I will start the "Live From..." thread from the hotel Wednesday afternoon or evening.

Thank you for the update Trainman, I'm so sorry you've gone through the health scares. However, glad to know that not only are you well on your way to 220 (having lost 45 lbs. already!), but you have your own 'personal physician' in your life. ;) Take it one day at a time, cut back here and there, walk the decks as comfortably as you can, and I wish you all the best in eventually quitting smoking. You have a lot of life and cruising left in you and we can't wait to follow you on the Jewel this week. p.s. Love the F-150!

OH NO Trainman... :eek: So glad to hear you are feeling better and are taking the doctors orders!!! Keep up the great job of losing weight so that you and Judith can take many more cruises and enjoy life together!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDITH!!!!! Love your birthday gift, girl!!!!! :D Looks like we share the same month as well. ;)

Can't wait for your review and photos this week, enjoy yourselves!!

jjtt

Trainman-2 looking forward to your "Live" posts this week keep up the good work with your weight loss. DH has a F150 4x4 that he got last year I am 5'5" and have a hard time getting in and out, does Judith manage ok?

Hey, Trainman, we're going to have to start calling you SLIM JIM. Sorry you had those medical scares but it seems to me you're taking very good care of yourself and I just bet Judith has something to do with that.

Looking forward to your pre-cruise and cruise review. Happy sails and good health to both of you.

I am glad you are working on getting your weight down to a healthy level. It's not fun, but the rewards are worth it. I am looking forward to your posts, but it will be odd to see different foods in your photos.

I am sure you already know, but just in case... Sailing under the Skyway Bridge was one of the highlights of cruising for us. We never miss dinner at the MDR or a specialty restaurant on the first night, but for that cruise we ate at the Seaview Cafe during sunset to make sure we could be on deck at the right time for the bridge (couple of days before daylight savings time change). I never use the overused word, "awesome", but that is the only way to describe sailing under the bridge. We enjoyed it so much that on the last night, we got to bed at 1 a.m. and set the alarm for 4 a.m. to watch it again, then had to get up at 7 to leave the ship. I would love to hear your version and see your photos of the bridge.

Hi Trainman,

We'll be avidly reading your posts. Have a great cruise.

Wishing you the best of health.

We're so happy to be sailing with you on the Panama B2B and the Australia B2B. We'll be able to tell our friends and family to read your posts and they'll know right where we are.:):)

G & G

This afternoon we went to the Big & Tall Store where I have been shopping for years.

I have gone from a 3X to an XL or 2X for my shorts! (not undies!)

I have lost so much weight now that if I cough and involuntarily suck in my abdomen, my shorts fall down unless I grab them!

There is a great potential for great embarrassment so we decided to get some new ones for the cruise. I also got a stretch belt to help out.

I have accepted the reality that I am going to need all new clothes soon. I am trying to limit myself to necessary things until I reach my target weight to avoid having to buy several sets of new stuff.

Trainman - Thanks for sharing your story. Sounds like some scary trips to the hospital. Glad to hear about the weight loss success...it's not an easy thing, as we all know. I can't wait to see how great you and Judith will look in your Jewel cruise photos. I'll cruise along with you from home.

Happy Birthday to Judith. What a wonderful gift!

Bless you Trainman! All that is scary to say the very least! I love WJ too and always say that I wish i eating there right now!:D

I thought the fresh fruit was outstanding on FOS! So sweet! The salad bar is great. I love real ranch dressing and that is my problem! I also loved the sushi too. I hope you have fun picking out your choices!

We will not touch on the desserts, like that chocolate cake that is all gooey:confused: and they put ice cream on top for you. Sigh!

Hello Everyone,

Judith and I leave for Tampa Wednesday, April 4th, and we will spend the night at the Hampton In Tampa-International Airport / Westshore.

On Thursday we board the Jewel of the Seas for a B-2-B four/five night cruise.

Great hotel choice. We found crew there very friendly. Great Cuban food nearby as well.

This afternoon we went to the Big & Tall Store where I have been shopping for years.

I have gone from a 3X to an XL or 2X for my shorts! (not undies!)

I have lost so much weight now that if I cough and involuntarily suck in my abdomen, my shorts fall down unless I grab them!

There is a great potential for great embarrassment so we decided to get some new ones for the cruise. I also got a stretch belt to help out.

I have accepted the reality that I am going to need all new clothes soon. I am trying to limit myself to necessary things until I reach my target weight to avoid having to buy several sets of new stuff.

It amazes me how you can always add humor into any situation. I've followed you on several cruises and major life events over the past few years. If only everyone could have your outlook and positive attitude, it'd be a much happier world. The most important thing is to take care of your health - one baby step at a time. The "weight loss fairy" has been visiting you...so proud of all your hard work and accomplishments! You've already made such great strides and are continuing to do so. God bless you and thanks in advance for taking us all along on the next cruise :)

Looking forward to following you on CC for the first leg of your B2B and joining you aboard teh Jewel for the 2nd!!!!!!!

And I'll enjoy reading it and then ask you both get off the ship as fast as possible! ;)

It amazes me how you can always add humor into any situation. I've followed you on several cruises and major life events over the past few years. If only everyone could have your outlook and positive attitude, it'd be a much happier world. The most important thing is to take care of your health - one baby step at a time. The "weight loss fairy" has been visiting you...so proud of all your hard work and accomplishments! You've already made such great strides and are continuing to do so. God bless you and thanks in advance for taking us all along on the next cruise :)

I could not agree more with the above statement... Trainman, I love your positive attitude and your humor that shines through in your writing!!

Archived