Barcelona airport transportation to Gran Marina Hotel

Ken1359

Does anyone have suggestions for transportation from the Barcelona airport to the Eurostars Gran Marina Hotel on November 24 (night before T.A. cruise on Equinox)? I'm used to arriving morning of cruise and using cruise line transfer, so this will be a new experience. Am concerned about language difference, necessary currency and general confusion/fatigue after many hours on 3 flights.

I'm spoiled by the prearranged transfer and don't want any last minute problems.....like the time I arrived in Southamption train station without any UK currency for the taxi to the pier.

I'm thinking that a pre-arranged and prepaid shuttle service might be the best way to go?

The hotel is located right at the cruise terminal where you can see the ships from the room windows, so the day of cruise transportation is no problem.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences/suggestions.

We always get local currency at an ATM machine when we arrive. I've done this in Barcelona and ATM machines are readily available. I would just take a cab to your hotel. It not too far or expensive in Barcelona...I think about 30 Euros.

Love the westbound TA's! We leave on ours from Barcelona on November 10th. Enjoy!

If I was you I would get Euros50 from the Bank at home. Taxis are in abundance at Barcelona airport and you won't have a problem with the language. They will know where the Gran Marina is off by heart and will deliver you and your luggage is a very short space of time. I am sure the last time we used the taxi to the airport it was somewhere in the region of E35.

ATMs are abundant at BCN. the exchange rate should be better than what you will get at a bank in LA.

ATMs in BCN: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Barcelona/en/Page/1045569607399//ATMs.html#ATMs

The cabs will be lined up outside the airport. If you believe you might have a communication problem print a copy from the hotel website that shows the address in their language. Your Hotel is well known so I doubt you will have a problem.

Hopefully you will have a chance to enjoy Barcelona.

Well we don't have experience in Barcelona, but will do this next month. We're just going to take a cab. I doubt if it will be a problem. Have a piece of paper with the name and address of the hotel, so you can show the driver. Have some euros--easy to get at the airport, but you might want to take some with you.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

I have done it both ways, hiring a car in advance and getting a taxi in BCN. I hired the car service when there were 4 of us with a fair amount of luggage, and didn't want to be bothered with getting a cab that could hold all of us, plus since we weren't sure our room would be ready, I arranged for a half day tour as well - so they picked us up at the airport, we dropped off luggage and had a half day tour, then came back to the hotel about 3pm to check in. I used Barcelona Day tours, they were excellent.

Last year, with only 2 of us and 2 suitcases, we just picked up a cab, I had a printout with the address of our Hotel (a small one off La Rambla) and had no issues with communication, even though my Spanish skills are very minimal.

The cab was definitely cheaper for 2 people, but the convenience of the car service was well worth it with a larger party, and the price was similar to 2 cabs.

I would also recommend taking a small amount of Euro with you.....even though there are many ATM's at the airport, I'm paranoid about getting stuck so for me it's a safety net. You don't need much, maybe 50-100 euro, and then get the rest from an ATM once you are there. But that's just me......!:p

Thanks!

Garren

I'm spoiled by the prearranged transfer and don't want any last minute problems.....like the time I arrived in Southamption train station without any UK currency for the taxi to the pier....

Try something new and take a cab, cheap and cheerful. Most of the cab drivers we had spoke good or at least broken English. Take some Euros. This isn't brain surgery... it will be OK. :) Barcelona is a beautiful city and transportation is abundant. You can do it.

Does anyone have suggestions for transportation from the Barcelona airport to the Eurostars Gran Marina Hotel on November 24 (night before T.A. cruise on Equinox)? I'm used to arriving morning of cruise and using cruise line transfer, so this will be a new experience. Am concerned about language difference, necessary currency and general confusion/fatigue after many hours on 3 flights.

I'm spoiled by the prearranged transfer and don't want any last minute problems.....like the time I arrived in Southamption train station without any UK currency for the taxi to the pier.

I'm thinking that a pre-arranged and prepaid shuttle service might be the best way to go?

The hotel is located right at the cruise terminal where you can see the ships from the room windows, so the day of cruise transportation is no problem.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences/suggestions.

Just to say that there is a cruise terminal by the Eurostars Grand Marina hotel but that is not the one you will be going to for the Equinox. That will be at Moll Adossat which is about 2 miles away over the long bridge. You will need a taxi to the ship or take the port shuttle bus.

Just catch a cab. Lots of Atms at the airport to get money out, but not sure why anyone would arrive in a foreign country without any local currency. That hotel is not by the terminal you will be going from, as the smaller ships only go from that one. The blue bus goes from Gran Marina over the bridge to the terminal you need though. Cab drivers may not like such a short trip!

Edited by little britain

I appreciate the helpful suggestions. It's good to have details sorted out in advance. Since I have usually arrived the morning of a cruise and taken the cruise line's transfer directly to a ship, I haven't needed any local currency for a TA cruise.

I am on your same cruise. I will have enough euros to get to my hotel. However there are ATM machines at the airport (not sure which terminal you arrive at but they both show banks past baggage claim). Also if taking a taxi make sure you print out the address of the hotel (I use my confirmation).

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

ATMs are abundant at BCN. the exchange rate should be better than what you will get at a bank in LA.

ATMs in BCN: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Barcelona/en/Page/1045569607399//ATMs.html#ATMs

The cabs will be lined up outside the airport. If you believe you might have a communication problem print a copy from the hotel website that shows the address in their language. Your Hotel is well known so I doubt you will have a problem.

Hopefully you will have a chance to enjoy Barcelona.

Thanks for this link! I've been concerned about having Euros for a taxi, as we arrive in the evening. But, we should be fine, as the bank there is open until 10 pm. Whew, can quit worrying about this! :)

• 1 month later...
I appreciate the helpful suggestions. It's good to have details sorted out in advance. Since I have usually arrived the morning of a cruise and taken the cruise line's transfer directly to a ship, I haven't needed any local currency for a TA cruise.

We are on the same cruise, you will need € to get food and drink, for the day in Barcelona

Are you just staying on the ship in ports we are stopping at , because to do anything in ports it will be € to buy anything :confused:

• 2 weeks later...