what a mess!!!

flahagan

Have been standing in line over an hour outside Port Everglades waiting to board the Ruby. The line is now probably 1/3 of a mile long. We heard they had trouble getting everyone off the ship.
Yep. That can happen. Not Princess' fault. It's usually one of two things or a combination: someone doing a B2B can't be found for disembarkation, or Immigration has just a few people which backs things up. Both happened on the Crown a couple of weeks ago in San Pedro. One person held up the ship's clearance to embark by over and hour even though they'd been advised repeatedly to go to a lounge at a specific time.

All those who say no problem getting off the ship to make an early flight, take note. :(

On the regal TA and it we didn't get off till after 1200. Due to immigration. Not much can be done about this nothing to do with princess

Terry

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Also the line could be long due to people who were asked to show up for boarding at 1:30 showing up at 11:30 or earlier.
Maybe that has a small effect, but what's happening is that disembarkation has been so slow that no matter what time you get there, you're waiting in line. The ship has to be cleared before embarkation can start and it sounds like this has been delayed by hours due to Immigration. People arriving earlier than asked to generally has little effect once embarkation starts.

Also the line could be long due to people who were asked to show up for boarding at 1:30 showing up at 11:30 or earlier.

Extremely doubtful since this never happens every other boarding even if the ship it totally filled.

It is a good time to be Elite. At least you can walk by all the others standing in line. :D

I believe it was Shogun that reported there are only 2 customs officers on duty.

We in transit passengers watched the customs line hardly move at all between 11:45 and 12:15 when they let us reboard without even going thru customs. My DB and SIL were the 3rd folks off this morning and there were only 2 customs officials. Good example of why scheduling an early fLight out of FLL is risky.

We in transit passengers watched the customs line hardly move at all between 11:45 and 12:15 when they let us reboard without even going thru customs. My DB and SIL were the 3rd folks off this morning and there were only 2 customs officials. Good example of why scheduling an early fLight out of FLL is risky.

Since your cruise was continuing, there was no reason to go through customs on turnaround day.

Only immigration is required.

Since your cruise was continuing, there was no reason to go through customs on turnaround day.

Only immigration is required.

Uh, maybe. We just finished a B2B west coast. We had to go through immigration and also had to have the customs form filled out on turn around day. Basically they were both the same thing in the same line. And it was the same line and procedure that we went through today on disembarkation.

Edited by ar1950

So we don't have to stand in the outside line?

Two doors on Terminal 2. The right hand door is Platinum/Elite and they usually have two lanes going in the doors with a dock agent telling you which line to get in. Not sure this will help much if the line is 1/3 mile long, though.

Uh, maybe. We just finished a B2B west coast. We had to go through immigration and also had to have the customs form filled out on turn around day. Basically they were both the same thing in the same line. And it was the same line and procedure that we went through today on disembarkation.
That is strange. You don't clear Customs until the end of your last B2B cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Two doors on Terminal 2. The right hand door is Platinum/Elite and they usually have two lanes going in the doors with a dock agent telling you which line to get in. Not sure this will help much if the line is 1/3 mile long, though.

It helps if there aren't to many Platinum/Elites boarding.

That is strange. You don't clear Customs until the end of your last B2B cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Actually you pass by customs but since you're not carrying anything off the ship and re-board immediately you don't need to declare anything. If you do leave the terminal (with items) you'll have to fill out a declaration card (I was told) in addition to the one when you finally disembark the ship. Supposedly they do a total of all your liquor & purchases at some point. :confused:

This should be a good reminder to all not to book such early flights! :rolleyes:

LuLu

The warning is already noted andI've already planned to get an early afternoon flight from Sydney to my state capital city Adelaide when I cruise. I will be taking the Princess shuttle to the airport in Sydney, managing by taxi in Melbourne as I want to use a particular hotel chain-they don't have a hotel in Sydney. I will take the advice of my TA when booking the flights-last time I was in Sydney Airport was over 35 years ago, so expecting HUGE changes!

Crochetcruise. :cool: