HAL ships for sale

RedmondCruiser

It's interesting so see what ships are being offered on the open market. Yachtworld lists anything from a cruise ship to a dingy. Currently they have the Veendam and the Prinsendam listed for $150 mil and $100 Mil. If you want to be more gentle on the credit card then you could always go for two former Carnival ships for $55 Mil and $35 Mil. They also many more ships being offered. It will be interesting to see what this web site looks like in 15 to 25 years when some of the mega ships are being sold off. The secondary market can only absorb so much.

Not too long ago someone here mentioned that there was a group on their Maasdam sailing looking over the ship with interest in buying her.

Never heard anything more about it.

Great way to score a free cruise. Just tell them you are thinking of buying the ship!:D

It looks to me like the Maasdam is not on the market. I would hope that HAL would, after the build the second ship like the Koeningsdam, consider building another ship taken from the plans for the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam. You will recall that the original plans called for three "S" class ships and yet they build the Veendam a few years later as the fourth in that class.

Not too long ago someone here mentioned that there was a group on their Maasdam sailing looking over the ship with interest in buying her.

Never heard anything more about it.

Why not tell HAL that you want a 7 day test drive. PS cabin, of course. Not a bad idea !

It's interesting so see what ships are being offered on the open market. Yachtworld lists anything from a cruise ship to a dingy. Currently they have the Veendam and the Prinsendam listed for $150 mil and $100 Mil. If you want to be more gentle on the credit card then you could always go for two former Carnival ships for $55 Mil and $35 Mil. They also many more ships being offered. It will be interesting to see what this web site looks like in 15 to 25 years when some of the mega ships are being sold off. The secondary market can only absorb so much.

When it comes time one could anchor (permanently) one of the mega ships somewhere and it could become a new "city". Or redefine living in the suburbs.

It looks to me like the Maasdam is not on the market. I would hope that HAL would, after the build the second ship like the Koeningsdam, consider building another ship taken from the plans for the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam. You will recall that the original plans called for three "S" class ships and yet they build the Veendam a few years later as the fourth in that class.

I thought the Maasdam was up for sale, did they take it off the market?

We are sailing on her again in Aug. '16 for two weeks to Alaska.

This is where HAL might loose me. We want to sail on smaller ships and they are headed the other way. I Have said for years, give me a smaller ship, charge me more, give me a better experience and I am happy. Sounds a lot like the Prinsendam.