Oasis Prohibition party

Chula lily

Does anyone know if there is a Prohibition party on the Oasis? We have heard about this party and tried to book a reservation on cruise planner, but it is not listed. I called Royal Caribbean and spoke to a representative and they said they have never heard of this on any of the ships. How do we get an invite to this "secret" party? Does it exist?

Does anyone know if there is a Prohibition party on the Oasis? We have heard about this party and tried to book a reservation on cruise planner, but it is not listed. I called Royal Caribbean and spoke to a representative and they said they have never heard of this on any of the ships. How do we get an invite to this "secret" party? Does it exist?

Do you see other activities listed in your Cruise Planner? I'm wondering if it's too early for your cruise to have all the options listed.

If even the representative denied its exsistance it cant possibly be anything illegal going on there.

Move on, nothing to see here... sssshhhhh ;)

Funny thing ;)

There is atleast some secret thing going on our Allure cruise, so I guess its on all the oasis class ships? Often happens on the last day of the cruise.

Hi Bob, thanks for your quick response. We have registered for all the shows and restaurants. We could not find any listing or information for this party. I know of its existence through these forums. Was wondering if this is something we can only book once we have boarded the ship. We were looking forward to dressing up and having fun!

The prohibition event is real and has to be registered for. We registered for it on our upcoming cruise in April. We did so in October, so 6 months in advance. It's $35 per person. Nothing secret about it.

You should see it listed in your Cruise Planner under Entertainment & Activities -> All Activities

Note: Make sure you click "All Activites" to go to the main activities page, because it may not show up on the drop down menu.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

Hi Bob, thanks for your quick response. We have registered for all the shows and restaurants. We could not find any listing or information for this party. I know of its existence through these forums. Was wondering if this is something we can only book once we have boarded the ship. We were looking forward to dressing up and having fun!

I know Bill (PCWalton1) has done this, so maybe he will come by and tell us how he booked it.

Thanks for your help. I went to cruise planner under "all" entertainment, unfortunately, it's not listed. All shows listed except prohibition party :(. Maybe it's not being offered on Oasis on this cruise. Disappointed. If anyone else is going on this cruise and finds a way, please share info. Thanks.

Thanks for your help. I went to cruise planner under "all" entertainment, unfortunately, it's not listed. All shows listed except prohibition party :(. Maybe it's not being offered on Oasis on this cruise. Disappointed. If anyone else is going on this cruise and finds a way, please share info. Thanks.

I see you have posted on your Roll Call. I would ask there too.

That is strange. I wish I could be more help, but those are the steps I went through to register. If nothing else, I would keep checking to see if it shows up. I would also call RCI back and see if someone else has a better answer. As always, YMMV with each and every CS agent.

Okay I just need to ask? I suspect the $35 goes to pay for some form of "alcohol" consumption at the actual event. That said why would someone who has the Ultimate Drink Package pay more $$$ to drink the liquor that "may" be served at the event (even the secret event). Inquiring minds want to know.........

It is real as I attended it on the Oasis in Oct. 2015. The "secret" part is you can't get in unless you pay the $35.00 in advance. You will then get certain information in your cabin that gets you into the room. It was held in Jazz on 4 at 1030 PM and lasted about 2 hours. Most attendees wore "Roaring 20s" style clothing.

I forgot where it was listed in cruise planner but fairly certain it was not under shows. Check activities or entertainment.

It is real as I attended it on the Oasis in Oct. 2015. The "secret" part is you can't get in unless you pay the $35.00 in advance. You will then get certain information in your cabin that gets you into the room. It was held in Jazz on 4 at 1030 PM and lasted about 2 hours. Most attendees wore "Roaring 20s" style clothing.

I forgot where it was listed in cruise planner but fairly certain it was not under shows. Check activities or entertainment.

Thanks but what does the $35 get you? If its drinks why would I pay $35 with an "Ultimate" drink package?

Edited by Dlanco

Go to RCCL home page, select Before you Board, then Planner. Select Shows and Nightlife, then Parties and Parades. Information is on upper left of page.

I have no idea how beverage package affects entry. There are drinks served and some snacks. The format is a 1920s Speakeasy so waitress bring drinks around in tea cups.

Is the Prohibition Party still being held in the afternoon?

I thought someone reported a a while back that their online reservation showed an afteroon time, but it was actually held in the evening.

It's a simple question yet has been seemingly avoided....

What does the $35 "fee" per person really get you? If you are on a drink package why would someone go to a venue pay $35 for drinks? If the $35 covers food items and entertainment cost then I'll need further details......

Edited by Dlanco

Do you see other activities listed in your Cruise Planner? I'm wondering if it's too early for your cruise to have all the options listed.

Your are probably right. Its under events on my planner for my upcoming cruise. Its been there at least 30 days.

I thought someone reported a a while back that their online reservation showed an afteroon time, but it was actually held in the evening.

Its a 10:30pm Day 4 event on our cruise.

What does the $35 "fee" per person really get you? If you are on a drink package why would someone go to a venue pay $35 for drinks? If the $35 covers food items and entertainment cost then I'll need further details......

No body knows?:(

I'm not sure how it works with regards to the beverage package but in terms of what you get, on our cruise on Oasis here's how it went. They close off Jazz on 4 for most of the evening, they have the ship's jazz band playing songs (though not as many period standards as I would have liked. Would have loved to have heard some Django Reinhardt or some Mills Brothers!), the activities staff teaches the guys a dance, then teaches the ladies a dance, then both the guys and ladies dance together. There was a game the guys played with the winner getting a prize at the end (I've forgotten what the prize was). There's another contest based on a horse race (when you come in they give you a slip of paper with the horse's name on it that you've "bet on") and the winner of that gets a prize. There's also a best dressed contest for both gents and ladies and the winners of that gets a prize. Lastly there were some hors d'oeuvres that were left out for people to snack on as they desired. The alcohol was QUITE free flowing so for those of us who don't have a beverage package it was quite a steal. They had two cocktails, if I were pressed to identify them I think one was a Sidecar and the other was a Bee's Knees.

I'm not sure how it works with regards to the beverage package but in terms of what you get, on our cruise on Oasis here's how it went. They close off Jazz on 4 for most of the evening, they have the ship's jazz band playing songs (though not as many period standards as I would have liked. Would have loved to have heard some Django Reinhardt or some Mills Brothers!), the activities staff teaches the guys a dance, then teaches the ladies a dance, then both the guys and ladies dance together. There was a game the guys played with the winner getting a prize at the end (I've forgotten what the prize was). There's another contest based on a horse race (when you come in they give you a slip of paper with the horse's name on it that you've "bet on") and the winner of that gets a prize. There's also a best dressed contest for both gents and ladies and the winners of that gets a prize. Lastly there were some hors d'oeuvres that were left out for people to snack on as they desired. The alcohol was QUITE free flowing so for those of us who don't have a beverage package it was quite a steal. They had two cocktails, if I were pressed to identify them I think one was a Sidecar and the other was a Bee's Knees.

Thanks for the explanation. :D

Same for us on the Allure, we enjoyed it. It was more of a one & done event, so we passed on this trip. It was fun, & got abit rowdy :D Also most of the drinks are "bathtub" gin based.