Exclusive Lagoon Retreat GSC

BiancaV

We tendered to GSC from the Gem almost 2 weeks ago, and the lagoon area was still roped off and off-limits. Previously, it was opened only to *Away class ships with a bigger crowd (my understanding) and we liked being there - took the shuttle from the tender pier.

Not sure if anyone has made their way over or used the faciilities since last Fall when work started. Let that be a surprise if and when your ship anchored and tender you ashore.

Just wondering if you have a owner's suite on the Sky since they don't have a Haven area on the ship does the guest in there get to go to the private area on GSC. Thanks we have booked the Sky for April of 2018 cabin 8201 . Thanks for any information

• 3 months later...
Just wondering if you have a owner's suite on the Sky since they don't have a Haven area on the ship does the guest in there get to go to the private area on GSC. Thanks we have booked the Sky for April of 2018 cabin 8201 . Thanks for any information

Anyone?

Anyone?[/quote

I would think so. When I called they told me it wouldn't be finished until October but much before your cruise. I would call to make sure but being in the OS on the Dawn which also doesn't have a Haven we received all the perks so I'm assuming you would as well.

Anyone?[/quote

I would think so. When I called they told me it wouldn't be finished until October but much before your cruise. I would call to make sure but being in the OS on the Dawn which also doesn't have a Haven we received all the perks so I'm assuming you would as well.

Thanks I'll call NCL and ask them.

Thanks I'll call NCL and ask them.

Hurricane Irma bearing down and hitting Bahamas later with 72 hours and another tropical storm a few days behind on the horizon ... I would wait until next week or week after to find out, if and when they know upon damage assessment.

When GSC took a big hit last Fall, it took NCL a while to get back to the islaned and assess damages - Bahamas news, once they restore power & services after the storm and begin the recovery process, should and will likely have general updates on damages inflicted.

It doesn't look all that promising with 175 mph wind ... we are scheduled to be there as well, early November. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cabanas I'd consider: Those such as they have at Harvest Caye that have an enclosed air conditioned area, and the attached bathrooms were a big plus.

Those I would not consider: Open air cabanas which rely on a breeze or under powered fans for cooling.

-------

It looks like the ones shown in post #13 might have A/C :)

Tom