Regal Baltic Kory Simon

Tedferg

Just enjoyed an amazing Baltic cruise on Regal.

Witnessed Kory Simon in Crooners bar - we and our friends felt he is the worst performer we have seen on a cruise ! He is more of a comedian than a crooner. He said 'This is Crooners so I have to sing Sinatra And Dean Martin' sang a couple of songs but destroyed them.

Maybe I'm an old fart - but I like Sinatra and enjoy a conversation in Crooners and listening to good music. Not having conversation drowned by screeching falsettos.

This goes to show how varied people's tastes are. I was on this cruise in May, also saw Kory Simon, and thought he was very entertaining. My husband and I saw his show multiple times.

Everyone has their own expectations regardining entertainment. Some people's will be met, others' not. It always pays to go and judge for oneself.

To Ellie and Peg, you are correct of course ' to each his own' and there were lots of people clapping him on our Cruise. Just so far from our collective idea of what a 'Crooner' should be. On several previous cruises we've enjoyed new songs and old favorites, good piano and still soft enough to have our own conversation.

Kory was more talk than singing and his singing was not good - he might have a good voice but that does not make him a good singer.

Finally, we could not get away from him unless we went aft to Wheelhouse bar. His volume filled the Piazza, so Bellini's or Vines were no escape.

• 2 months later...

I too have complaints about Kory Simon. He belittles passengers, forgetting that if it weren't for passengers he wouldn't have a job. If a passenger is chatting while he is singing, he stops, has other passengers boo the passenger while he insults them. If you leave while he is singing, he stops playing to draw attention to you. Very insulting to passengers.

I saw this first hand on two different cruises, and am disappointed to read that he is on the Regal. I will be on the Regal in October, and enjoy Crooners. But will not step foot in there if he is the piano entertainer.

• 2 months later...

My husband and I love Kory. We are 63 and 78 years old and understand that some times his humor is sarcastic. His teasing is an act...part of the show. He's a sweet guy, always greets us graciously, and entertains us! We would select a cruise based on home performing. In fact, we have. Twice. We've cruised a ton on many ship's within the Princess line, as well as HAL and RCC. He's very talented.

We went a few times with Cory and then decided we heard enough from him. I can't remember his name, but a couple of years ago there was an entertainer so good in Crooners that there was standing room only every night.

I hope Crooners remains on present and future ship.

on the Crown Princess - 11/13 cruise...

There was a 'lady' who I guess Kory invited to be his 'assistant' for the cruise...

she brought her song book, and Kory let her sing a couple of songs ala karaoke like, and she would have been "GONGED" .

We saw her the last night come into Crooners when we knew kory wasn't goin to be there and I thought she was going to cry when she found out he wasn't there.. She thought SHE was part of the show...sad

• 2 months later...
Just enjoyed an amazing Baltic cruise on Regal.

Witnessed Kory Simon in Crooners bar - we and our friends felt he is the worst performer we have seen on a cruise ! He is more of a comedian than a crooner. He said 'This is Crooners so I have to sing Sinatra And Dean Martin' sang a couple of songs but destroyed them.

Maybe I'm an old fart - but I like Sinatra and enjoy a conversation in Crooners and listening to good music. Not having conversation drowned by screeching falsettos.

.........................................................................................................................................

Sorry Tedferg, I have to totally disagree.... I find Kory one of the best Piano men on the high seas... yes he is cheeky, yes he has his own style and yes he loves to stir up the passengers... but it's all in fun and I believe adds to the entertainment....

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from the Diamond Princess. Kory was awful, so incredibly loud with his vocals, so loud that you could not hear the piano, he can't sing very well at all, overall a really dreadful performance. Made the whole Atrium unbearable when he was performing because of the volume. With only one theatre on the Diamond Princess, the inability to use the Crooners Bar or enjoy the Atrium was a major problem.