Spa stateroom benefits

Susieinph

I just paid for an upgrade to a spa oceanview CQ from a porthole G, I got a good price. I understand the benefits in the room but I want to know what benefits you get from the spa, like access to the thermal suite maybe? Does anyone know what I should expect?

From the sounds of this, you don't get anything from the spa.

Holland America Line

Holland America's spa cabins differ slightly by ship, but all are located near the Greenhouse Spa and Salon. On some ships, spa cabins are available as suites, while others offer only standard balcony, oceanview or inside spa cabins.

Cabin Amenities: All Holland America cabins feature Elemis toiletries, but spa cabins also come with a loofah mitt and bath salts, along with an organic robe and slippers, yoga mats, two pedometers, a countertop water feature for a relaxed ambience and an iPod docking station.

Exclusive Access: None

Discounts: None

Which Ships Have Them: Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Koningsdam

(from CC "Serene Sailing" guide)

On The Nieuw Amsterdam 2010 inaugural cruise we had a spa suite. Actually on deck

10. Small balcony, got a yoga mat, a small plug in water fall fountain, easy access to spa , oh yah supposedly discounts on certain items in spa which was in a folder!

Never again, been on her 3 more times and it is signature suites or a Neptune.

Too small, balcony was a joke.

But that was on The Nieuw.

Sorry, we just did not care for it on a 24 day cruise.

Denise:)

I realize you up graded from a porthole to an Oceanview which is fantastic for you.

There was no big deals with the spa we had to pay for the thermal suite! The only advantage for us was being able to go down a flight of stairs to the spa and access to lido.

Our room was nice but we were a little disappointed thinking we'd get great discounts. Not really.

Sorry for adding more, I read your question again.

Denise:)

Which Ships Have Them: Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Koningsdam

Also Veendam, Maasdam, and Rotterdam. OP must be on one of the latter two ships since she upgraded " to a spa oceanview CQ from a porthole G" and there are no porthole G cabins on the newest three ships, or CQ on the Veendam. Edited by catl331

Honestly, none of the spa staterooms in any category are really worth paying extra for. A standard oceanview with a window would be exactly the same except for a few small amenities offered in the spa cabin. Hope you did not pay even more for this cabin because it's listed as "spa". It is a shorter walk to the spa, though. Sadly, no spa discounts are offered.

• 2 months later...
Also Veendam, Maasdam, and Rotterdam. OP must be on one of the latter two ships since she upgraded " to a spa oceanview CQ from a porthole G" and there are no porthole G cabins on the newest three ships, or CQ on the Veendam.

I think I recall someone who had a spa cabin on one of the older ships saying the cabin was so small that, although a yoga mat was provided, there wasn't a space large enough to unroll it!