Sun 4 day Cuba cancelled/changed

leeker13

Dear Valued Guests,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Sun's 4-Day Cuba & Bahamas sailings from September 3, 2018 to November 12, 2018 departing from Port Canaveral, Florida. All guests booked on these sailings need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

Because of a scheduling change the 4-Day Cuba & Bahamas sailings departing on the previously mentioned dates are no longer available. Norwegian is offering guests currently booked and fully deposited on these sailings the following options:

- Option 1: Move to any 4-Day sailing onboard Norwegian Sky from September 3, 2018 through November 12, 2018 (excluding October 29, 2018) at the current published fare and your deposit will be applied towards the new sailing date. If you choose this option and are booked in an Inside or Oceanview a $100 per stateroom onboard credit will be applied to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a Balcony or higher you will receive a $200 per stateroom onboard credit. Onboard credits can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges.

- Option 2: Move to any available sailing in our fleet at the current published fare and your deposit will be applied towards the new sailing date. Including one of the new 7-day Norwegian Sun Cuba sailings on September 9, 16, 23, 30, October 7, 14 or 21, 2018. If you choose this option and are booked in an Inside, Oceanview, Balcony or Mini-Suite a $25 per stateroom onboard credit will be added to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S or H) you will receive a $50 per stateroom onboard credit. Onboard credits can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges.

Please note that the new 7-day Norwegian Sun sailings will not be open for sale until Monday. If you are moving your reservation to one of these sailings, please call us starting Monday morning. To view the 7-day Norwegian Sun itineraries, please click on the link below:

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Norwegian-Sun-7-day-Cuba-Caribbean-from-MIA.pdf

Norwegian will also cover up to $300 maximum per person air change fees. We look forward to hearing from you by February 19, 2018, so that we can modify your reservation. If we don't hear from you by February 19, 2018, your reservation will be cancelled. We are standing by to assist you on our dedicated support line at (877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm ET Monday through Friday.

For any guests booked outside of the US/Canada please visit http://www.ncl.com for our local contact information.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and look forward to assisting you.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services

I am so not pleased.

This was my first time with NCL. A quick cruise, Key West and an over night in Havana! My Birthday Week! Short cruise, Not to expensive...Monday-Friday with drive time on the weekends.

I just booked this weekend...I’ve never booked a cruise only 6 months out.

The new cruise is longer, (guaranteed to be) more expensive, and goes places I’m not really interested in for this trip.

The Sky goes to the Bahamas and not key west.

Sigh...very disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got the same email. Very disappointing. We really wanted to go back to Key West, and were looking forward to overnighting in Havana. We can’t do either on a 3-day cruise, so I guess we will look at the 7-day options (which aren’t posted online yet) and hope it won’t cost too much more. I wonder why the schedule had to change?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The 3 days Bahamas one was cancelled too because of the same reason. I know it happens, but we had just booked a girls cruise with 10 ladies and now its back to the drawing board. We don't want to drive to Miami for a 3 night cruise.

Have fun dealing with NCL. You should read what those of us went through (and some are still going through) on the October 1 , 2018 cruise that they cancelled.

Yes!!..NCL canceled my Sept 28 cruise last month. I am still waiting and fighting to get my deposit back from then, they keep saying it takes 3-4 weeks which already has come and gone.

I think “disappointed” is the word of the day.

I’m going to wait a bit and see what they offer next week...but I fear the perfect storm of price/date/ports is going to be lost.

I don’t know if they think the longer cruise will be more popular...but it will probably price itself outside my “impulse vacation” range.

Also...this is my first NCL experience.

So far, they only have my $100 deposit and my life-long dream to travel to Cuba.

Unfortunately our regular cruise line (celebrity) doesn’t go to Cuba.

We just changed our booking to the Sky on the same dates. We don’t mind switching to a Miami departure, because we are flying in, and had not made reservations yet. I am sad to lose Key West, but will plan to visit there again sometime in the future. We get a $200 onboard credit. Of course, the new booking will cost us $280 more.....

We just changed our booking to the Sky on the same dates. We don’t mind switching to a Miami departure, because we are flying in, and had not made reservations yet. I am sad to lose Key West, but will plan to visit there again sometime in the future. We get a $200 onboard credit. Of course, the new booking will cost us $280 more.....

Glad it worked out for you.

I live about 45 min from Canaveral so the proximity along with the 4 night duration was just what I had been looking for. Quick, easy getaway. Royal and Carnival have Cuba cruises out of Tampa which is a lot closer to me than Miami, and they are 4-5 days, so I'll probably end up going that route.

That 7 day cruise would be great if it went to mainland Belize. There's a nice Mayan excursion through Native Choice in Costa Maya in which you can visit ruins, and have an authentic meal made by Mayan grandmothers. If you could get to mainland Belize it would be a great trip, but the Bahamas and a private island in Belize isn't very interesting. I would think a lot of people would choose a Cuban cruise because they're interested in visiting places with cultural significance so I think they may want to reconsider some of this itinerary.

I'm confused. I thought if they cancelled a cruise you got your money back.

You do. If the cruise is canceled and you do nto choose one of the mentioned options all monies paid are refunded in full.

We're impressed that they are offering the OBC for moving to the Sky. Seems like a no brainer to move.

They're giving the OBC because the same sailing for the same category cabin (BB) is $80pp more expensive on the Sky the same week I had booked on the Sun. So in essence it's $40 OBC and I can't go to the port I wanted to. If I take the 7 day cruise the port time in Cuba is barely 12 hours. I'm not impressed at all. I guess I could take the Nov 12 booking and just let work come to a halt while I cruise.

I think “disappointed” is the word of the day.

I’m going to wait a bit and see what they offer next week...but I fear the perfect storm of price/date/ports is going to be lost.

I don’t know if they think the longer cruise will be more popular...but it will probably price itself outside my “impulse vacation” range.

The longer cruise might have been popular if they had increased port time in Cuba or perhaps even included another port in Cuba like Azamara and Oceania do. The cuba stop gets lost , it's more of a western caribbean cruise.

...and now I’ve gotten a revised emailed confirmation, changing the cost (more) and the dates (nope)...and I did not ask for nor authorize the change.

I had told the NCL agent I was working with I would look at the options and make a decision next week. The email said we had til the 19th to make changes or they would auto-cancel. I assume since my reservation has been changed (without my consent) it will no longer auto-cancel.

I’ve asked that my reservation be canceled and, while I “never-say-never” , I will be hesitant to book with NCL in the future.

Disappointed...sigh

...and now I’ve gotten a revised emailed confirmation, changing the cost (more) and the dates (nope)...and I did not ask for nor authorize the change.

I had told the NCL agent I was working with I would look at the options and make a decision next week. The email said we had til the 19th to make changes or they would auto-cancel. I assume since my reservation has been changed (without my consent) it will no longer auto-cancel.

I’ve asked that my reservation be canceled and, while I “never-say-never” , I will be hesitant to book with NCL in the future.

Disappointed...sigh

I think they moved the reservations so they could open the bookings for the new itineraries on the Sun. We still have until Feb 19 to make a decision. There is $40 difference in mine so I will call and talk to them about it.

I am also very disappointed The 7 day change is a really bad itinerary. 2 private islands and less time in Havana??? Awful

Cruises do get cancelled or changed all the time, whether it is NCL, RCI,HAL or whomever. We had it happen on HAL several years ago. Of course some of you are disappointed but NCL is offering you a great deal, so, though it may not be exactly what you want, it is still a good deal. I can not believe how upset people get about things sometimes. Just be glad you can travel period. Think of all those who can not even take a cruise. As I mentioned being disappointed is understandable, saying things like: I will never cruise on a certain line again is a bit over reacting in my opinion.

My niece was supposed to go on this one for her birthday, a family cruise. The options are not good at all for her. No matter how you cut it even with OBC, it's going to cost her more money. I hadn't booked yet, waiting on a financial situation to get resolved. I'm relieved now that I didn't. I don't blame people for saying never again. They basically dumped a 4 day (all inclusive) so they can get a 7 day. If it was a ship malfunction or weather related that would be one thing, but this is just wrong of them.

Cruises do get cancelled or changed all the time, whether it is NCL, RCI,HAL or whomever. We had it happen on HAL several years ago. Of course some of you are disappointed but NCL is offering you a great deal, so, though it may not be exactly what you want, it is still a good deal. I can not believe how upset people get about things sometimes. Just be glad you can travel period. Think of all those who can not even take a cruise. As I mentioned being disappointed is understandable, saying things like: I will never cruise on a certain line again is a bit over reacting in my opinion.

You are correct - never say never and I will probably wait until November and cruise in November - but the deal is not a very good deal. If I transfer to the SKY for their 4 day cruise, it will cost me $180 more than my original booking which in essence makes the "OBC" they are giving me $20 instead of $200. I say that because the letter also says that the new booking will be at the current published price of the cruise.

If I take the second option and wait for the 4 day cruise for November, the booking will cost me $40 more than my original and they are giving only $25 so I'm out $15 then. We don't know what the fares for the 7 day cruises are yet. Taking into account that I now have to change my vacation leave to an inconvenient time at work is the icing on the cake.

I have the freedom to be able to do these things - some may not. Do you still think it's a good deal?

Edited by nednrom

You are correct - never say never and I will probably wait until November and cruise in November - but the deal is not a very good deal. If I transfer to the SKY for their 4 day cruise, it will cost me $180 more than my original booking which in essence makes the "OBC" they are giving me $20 instead of $200. I say that because the letter also says that the new booking will be at the current published price of the cruise.

If I take the second option and wait for the 4 day cruise for November, the booking will cost me $40 more than my original and they are giving only $25 so I'm out $15 then. We don't know what the fares for the 7 day cruises are yet. Taking into account that I now have to change my vacation leave to an inconvenient time at work is the icing on the cake.

I have the freedom to be able to do these things - some may not. Do you still think it's a good deal?

Yes.

Isn't it an option to get your money back and go on vacation where and when you want?