BOGO restaurant question on anthem

why don’t they let you pre choose your resto? It says it will be chosen for you when you board and you can switch. But what if the resto and time you want are all booked up when you board? How does this work?

We really want chops and don’t want to risk not getting a 6pm res if we can’t book that now.

Has anyone done this? How does this really work?

Thank you c

why don’t they let you pre choose your resto? It says it will be chosen for you when you board and you can switch. But what if the resto and time you want are all booked up when you board? How does this work?

We really want chops and don’t want to risk not getting a 6pm res if we can’t book that now.

Thank you c

If you want to be sure to get the restaurant and time you want, then don't buy a dining package, just book each restaurant separately and pay full price. Dining packages give you a break on the price in return for you having to book onboard.

They will do everything that they can to accommodate you. You are pretty much guaranteed a slot on or close to the time you select online.

What I would recommend to you is going to the specialty dining desk at Wonderland as soon as you board. They give you a piece of paper in your stateroom telling you which night you are at each restaurant and the time, but don't wait for the rooms to open. Go straight there, find your restaurant and time and then if it doesn't work for you, ask to switch and they will allow it as long as they have availability for what you are asking for. Of course, the smaller the party, the better chance you have of switching.

I switched from Jamie's to Wonderland for my second night and opted for an 8:30 for my party of 7 because that was all they had (was switching from a Jamie's 5:30 reservation.)

Thank you c

I just got off Anthem 8/4 through 8/9 and also did the BOGO.

Download the Royal IQ app. You can check your calendar as soon S you board. It will show the restaurants you were given and the times. Then go immediately to one of the restaurants and make changes.

We had a group of 10 and were able to move our reservations from 530 to 630 the first night at Jaime’s Italian and from 530 to 600 at. Chops day 2.

They are very accommodating.

My bogo was $40 per person. Wonderland without a package is $49 on my sailing. Chops $35.

Enjoy

On my upcoming Anthem sail, it's $40 per and per cruise planner $42 for Chops and $35 for Jamie's. Also, on sale lunch at Chops is under $18 per.

We've done the BOGO many times on Anthem and never had a problem switching times or restaurants once on board. We've always been assigned Jaime's and Chops and never had a problem switching Chops for Wonderland. IMO, I would definitely pre purchase through the Cruise Planner and not wait until you to get on board. I don't know if you'll be able to purchase the BOGO at $40 pp. once on board.

Tee and Chili--Which ship did you sail on that had Chops at $35? I haven't seen that price in a while.

Our upcoming Symphony cruise has Chops at $53 on the cruise planner, and no online deals or packages have been offered.

Barb

Is this offer different from the three night dining package they have on the website for $85pp ($75 + $10 for Quantum class)? For the 7 night cruise we're looking at (yeah, 7 nights on Anthem, a rarity), we would want to do Chops, Jamie's and Wonderland, and pick our nights. Would that one allow it? That looks like we would effectively be getting Jamie's for $1 if I'm doing the math right. Thanks!

We did the BOGO on Anthem last month. I had booked 6:30 on the cruise planner. I just went to Jaimes and the hostess looked me up and changed the 2 restaurants to Chops and Wonderland. It doesn't matter what restaurant you go to to change. They can all pull up your reservation. BTW Wonderland was excellent! Chops was just OK. We have better steak houses here on Long Island, but for the price it was worth it. Enjoy!!